Bachmann announce NEW Class 47

AY Mod

2 hours ago, 37081LochLong said:

Yep we've had 708, 709, 710 in scotrail 711 in large logo, 712 twice! In scotrail and 706 in scotrail but debranded and NWSE marked for kernow 

And as tiddles47 says blue 47701 but in farish N gauge 

when did we have 709? I only remember that as a Lima release

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, GordonC said:

when did we have 709? I only remember that as a Lima release

Whoops well spotted GordonC I looked at my notes and saw I'd put down 8, 10, 11 & 12 but for some reason known only to my brain I typed 8 to 12! I'll go and alter it. Thanks. 😳

• RMweb Gold
8 hours ago, Tiddles47 said:

I found it odd that B’Mann didn’t produce a OO 47701 when they released 710 and the N gauge 701. They missed a trick there as it would’ve been very popular. 

Ive got a Bachmann 47701 sat in front of me waiting to sell it…

Was made for Kernow as a limited edition in NSE livery.

Edited by adb968008

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, adb968008 said:

Ive got a Bachmann 47701 sat in front of me waiting to sell it…

Was made for Kernow as a limited edition in NSE livery.

1 hour ago, Tiddles47 said:

I meant as a BR Blue with grey roof… 

The NSE one unfortunately has the cab roof radio aerial. Did Bachmann have the same nose tooling options without, which you need for a BR Blue 47701? It’s academic now of course because we don’t know all the tooling options that are already possible with the new Class 47 tooling.

Edited by brushman47544

• RMweb Premium

Just got my 47712. Looks great, much better than it does in photos.

The only problem is that one of the windscreens is loose inside the cab. I'd rather open it up and fix it than send it back. It's good to see from the instructions that the body is screwed on rather than clipped but has anyone any experience to share of getting into the cab before I attempt it?

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, scissors said:

Just got my 47712. Looks great, much better than it does in photos.

The only problem is that one of the windscreens is loose inside the cab. I'd rather open it up and fix it than send it back. It's good to see from the instructions that the body is screwed on rather than clipped but has anyone any experience to share of getting into the cab before I attempt it?

I have taken a few apart (also had to glue a loose screen back in) and it’s real easy. Nothing of note to mention regards taking it apart.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Andy7 said:

I have taken a few apart (also had to glue a loose screen back in) and it’s real easy. Nothing of note to mention regards taking it apart.

Apart from be careful of the wires between the body and chassis for the cab and engine room lighting - need to be unclipped from the chassis.  

• Thanks 1

I had the same issue with 47376 when the the loco turn up in the post today. One end front windows loose in the cab. Took the 5 screws out. Body come off with just cab light wires attached to the circuit board. I left them in and removed the cab interior. Fortunately the windows glazing just clipped back in and then just carefully put the cab interior back in. Should be a quick fix instead of sending the loco back to the retailer. Also had 47526 turn up at the same time . Both fantastic models from Bachmann. The sound deluxe models are worth every penny. The new Bachmann 47 and accurscale deltic set the benchmark now for model trains. I am sure the accurscale 37 will do the Same along with the 92 and 31.

• Thanks 1

On 04/10/2022 at 16:45, brushman47544 said:

It's rather complicated to produce any sort of list - I recommend you look at Class47.co.uk and see whether a number you want to renumber to has the same features as the donor, in this case 47435. I suggest you start here: Class47.co.uk ~ Numbers

47497 was Brush built and had a Clayton MkII boiler, whereas 47435 was Crewe built and had a Spanner Mk 3 boiler. Even as early as when domino fitted, boiler ports started to be plated over on some 47/4s.

Really useful info thank you.

I am going for 47452 as the alternative.

Much appreciated!

Does anyone know what 47712 is up to nowadays? Loads of pics of it out and about in 2020 but there doesn't seem to be much from since.

This is the only pic I can find of it this year on Flickr, taken at East Lancs Railway's diesel gala.

47712 @ Burr's Country Park

Looks different to when it was out and about a lot in 2020 (and to Bachmann's model, which is why I am asking here) as there's no name on it and the OHLE warnings are now in the older style which makes me wonder if it is still registered for mainline use? Is it likely to be out on the mainline again?

Edit, I think that's 47765 which lives at the ELR and it's described incorrectly on Flickr. Question still remains though.

Edited by TomScrut

1 hour ago, TomScrut said:

Does anyone know what 47712 is up to nowadays? Loads of pics of it out and about in 2020 but there doesn't seem to be much from since.

This is the only pic I can find of it this year on Flickr, taken at East Lancs Railway's diesel gala.

Looks different to when it was out and about a lot in 2020 (and to Bachmann's model, which is why I am asking here) as there's no name on it and the OHLE warnings are now in the older style which makes me wonder if it is still registered for mainline use? Is it likely to be out on the mainline again?

Edit, I think that's 47765 which lives at the ELR and it's described incorrectly on Flickr. Question still remains though.

I could be wrong but I think 47712 is at Crewe heritage centre but owned by lsl. If I remember correctly it was used on the mainline when the staycation was popular 

cheers Craig 

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, TomScrut said:

Yes that's 47765 which as you say lives at the ELR. It's quite a bit scruffier than 47712 which always appears to be immaculate.

7 hours ago, Craig1989 said:

I could be wrong but I think 47712 is at Crewe heritage centre but owned by lsl. If I remember correctly it was used on the mainline when the staycation was popular 

cheers Craig 

Thanks, yes it was used a lot with the Staycation but not much else since it would seem.

7 hours ago, Alan Oliver said:

TOPS showing it at the LSL depot

Thanks, I'm guessing it has been there a while!

7 hours ago, scissors said:

Yes that's 47765 which as you say lives at the ELR. It's quite a bit scruffier than 47712 which always appears to be immaculate.

I had thought looking at the photo I posted it had lost a lot of its sheen quickly!

On 08/10/2022 at 22:42, richard w said:

Very impressed with the factory weathering on 526, really captures the loco in its 1991 condition.  I've added some buffer grease, a driver and the various accessories.

20221008_221027.jpg.4b107045c255caa3d74127f31e4bca8c.jpg20221008_214254.jpg.9b8bc4e6898f004787e091b4c2cae5c6.jpg

20221008_212107.jpg.6fede6ece405319a5829d8360bf3857d.jpg

Reminds me of the limited edition model they did for Kernow a couple of years ago. I remember watching a review of it on You Tube and oddly the areas which give the appearance of the paint flaking off have actually been applied as a top coat. A bit counter intuitive but Bachmann have definitely managed to pull it off with fantastic results.

The Large Logo livery is my favourite and I've waited a long time for my model to turn up - two years possibly? However now that it has turned up I've been so impressed by it to such an extent that I'm considering ordering a BR blue version. I think the factory fitted sound is a must as Bachmann have done a great job integrating it as a system, but is it worth pushing the boat out and going for a SFX version? In the Cavalex 56 thread, they have mentioned that they are doing quite a bit of work to develop realistic operation of the fans.  

The paint job is really good but the flush end don’t look right to me - on the real thing the marker lenses stand out from the flush front whereas on the model they appear recessed. Looking at photos of 47190 it appears she did have markers slightly recessed so there were different styles. Wonder if this is a tooling limitation ?

• Agree 2

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Matt said:

The paint job is really good but the flush end don’t look right to me - on the real thing the marker lenses stand out from the flush front whereas on the model they appear recessed. Looking at photos of 47190 it appears she did have markers slightly recessed so there were different styles. Wonder if this is a tooling limitation ?

Are the marker lights on the flush end too big as well, perhaps?

• Agree 1