Bute Road, ?

Andrew P

43 minutes ago, BWsTrains said:

Hi Andy,

All too clear what your problems are: too many diesels, too many joints (ha!) and working Oz hours. Great stuff all the same. Bring back some Steam, even a heritage visit :devil:

Cheers,

Colin

Cheers Colin, Your right about to many joins, not sure about the Steam bit though. Thanks for your input. :good:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 47606odin said:

Too many loco announcements and too much time bored off work means I’ve too many locos in 00 with coat hangers on the roof in the post. What’s your excuse? Lol

Haha, :laugh:   I wish I had an excuse, :fie:  I just like Locos, Yards like Eastleigh and Tonbridge West and Depots.:D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 47606odin said:

But, however, how come those joints moved so much when you lifted the other panel out? It’s the opposite side of the room

A difficult one to try to explain, but basically, the Village board to the left as I walk in the POD, has to be pushed back about 25mm to allow the flap across the door to lift or drop in. This movement only relates to about 1 mm at the opposite end of the Layout, (i.e over the work bench), but as the board over the Bench only rested in place, and was never fixed with dowels like all the other boards, it always moved, and required re aligning each time, and not always to complete satisfaction for a whole running session.

I have now fixed that board in place with screws, so I need to see how that works. It does however make the lifting flap more tricky.:swoon:

• Like 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2

1 hour ago, Kevin Johnson said:

Nice running session Andy. It's great to see your grandchildren having fun with the layout.

Cheers Kevin, Yes I love to see them, My Grandson and his Wife have 4 gorgeous Girls, and the eldest GREAT Granddaughter is 16 now, so make me feel really old.

• Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

The New Depot that i referred to in the Video has arrived this morning whilst I was out, Considering I only ordered it on Wednesday evening, that is great service.

Quality is good, and sturdy, so more than pleased, he also does other Depot's from a single road to a 4 road, plus warehouses etc in OO and N.

You will notice I have also taken ANOTHER POINT OUT. :swoon:

IMG_7288.JPG.a275ecc1e739511664f0622f56913dac.JPG

IMG_7289.JPG.9a473dc946332cccc5a14ee26d9c69be.JPG

IMG_7290.JPG.15739fd18dd7feb9b7e12db0155e6aeb.JPG

IMG_7291.JPG.6409f645930f4e35a4739404d28896de.JPG

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 15

1 hour ago, AdeMoore said:

Got a link to said speedy supplier Andy,

like it with the windows above the doors.

Cheers

Ade

1 hour ago, Winslow Boy said:

That looks just the part Mr P. Its probably me, forgeterrrie, but whose is it please?

See above, E-Bay purchase. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Winslow Boy said:

That looks just the part Mr P. Its probably me, forgeterrrie, but whose is it please?

1 hour ago, AdeMoore said:

Got a link to said speedy supplier Andy,

like it with the windows above the doors.

Cheers

Ade

His other items.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/liwes-5227/m.html?ssPageName=

• Thanks 2

• RMweb Gold

Very strange.  i haven't looked at layout threads for a month or two but oddly when I come back to Bute Road it's still the same - nah of course it isn't.    Being 'still the same' would be amazing on AP Rail aftera couple of months so thank goodness I started at the end and found that he'd added an engine shed depot for his multiplying multiple units - normality is restored!   Nice depot too Andy ;)

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, The Stationmaster said:

Very strange.  i haven't looked at layout threads for a month or two but oddly when I come back to Bute Road it's still the same - nah of course it isn't.    Being 'still the same' would be amazing on AP Rail aftera couple of months so thank goodness I started at the end and found that he'd added an engine shed depot for his multiplying multiple units - normality is restored!   Nice depot too Andy ;)

Hi Mike, Thanks and good to see your still on form with the humour, I hope we can have a catch up soon at a show somewhere.

Keep well and stay safe.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
32 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

Hi Mike, Thanks and good to see your still on form with the humour, I hope we can have a catch up soon at a show somewhere.

Keep well and stay safe.

I understand that the Basingstoke show is still on - so far - so maybe then although beware that parking can be a right s*d.  Hence I normally go by train and the shuttle bus from the station.

• Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 1

6 minutes ago, The Stationmaster said:

I understand that the Basingstoke show is still on - so far - so maybe then although beware that parking can be a right s*d.  Hence I normally go by train and the shuttle bus from the station.

Cheers Mike, I've put it in my Diary. :good:

• Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 1

This is probably the wrong thread to comment but well done Andy regarding the great article in this month's Hornby Magazine about Seven Mills Sidings and Bench Road. Mike Wild's pics really do the layout proud. 

Regards

Brian. 

Edited by Brian D
typo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
On 25/02/2022 at 14:41, Andrew P said:

Cheers Kevin, Yes I love to see them, My Grandson and his Wife have 4 gorgeous Girls, and the eldest GREAT Granddaughter is 16 now, so make me feel really old.

But you are really old, despite the young bloke inside you, lying to you. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 3

39 minutes ago, Brian D said:

This is probably the wrong thread to comment but we'll done Andy regarding the great article in this month's Hornby Magazine about Seven Mills Sidings and Bench Road. Mike Wild's pics really do the layout proud. 

Regards

Brian. 

Thanks Brian, I had forgotten it was out, I must go and buy a copy tomorrow. I'm looking forward to seeing the pics and write up mate.

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

1 minute ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Yeah, there's an 18 year old hippy inside trying to get out, and tonight I'll be playing stuff from that era, inc Born to be WildSatisfaction, Rocking all over the World and much more from a great era of real music. 

• Like 6

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Clive Mortimore said:

1 hour ago, Andrew P said:

Yeah, there's an 18 year old hippy inside trying to get out, and tonight I'll be playing stuff from that era, inc Born to be WildSatisfaction, Rocking all over the World and much more from a great era of real music. 

Oi! He's a year younger than me so dont rub it it. Yes the real me is about that age. The body I am using cannot be mine it doesn't work properly now. The CDs I play the most are from those years Buffalo Springfield, Jefferson Airplane, Cream mind you the CDs are replacements for worn out vinyl.

Don

• Like 4