Class 59 from Revolution Trains

Revolution Ben

• 1 month later...

I received the latest N Gauge Journal earlier today and had a very pleasant surprise.  Revolution are to offer a limited run of 59101 Village of Whatley in the new Heidelberg Materials green livery.  There’s nothing on the Revolution website yet but I assume there will be a formal announcement soon.  I think it’s great that Revolution are providing such an attractive and up to date livery for modellers and collectors.

• RMweb Gold

Hello all,

As mentioned above, Revolution is producing a limited number of 59101 in its new Heidelberg green livery.

IMG_9571.jpg.f0b352ce207edaf36d8e15d87ed7eab6.jpg

We were invited to Whatley Quarry in December on the day the locomotive arrived to haul its first service train following its repaint at Arlington.  Although our 59s were already nearing the end of production at this point we were able to negotiate for some to be produced in this eye-catching livery, and we'd like to thank both Freightliner and Heidelberg Materials for their assistance in making this happen.

Both DC Silent and DCC Sound versions are available to order on a first-come, first-served basis - for more information see here: https://revolutiontrains.com/news/

cheers

Ben A.

Edited by Revolution Ben
  • Like 8

• RMweb Gold

In other news we're offering pre-programmed non-sound ESU Lokpilots for our Class 59s.  The decoders are on their way to us and can be ordered now (we will aim to ship models and decoders together if possible!).

You can see full details here: https://revolutiontrains.com/revolution-to-supply-pre-mapped-non-sound-decoders-for-n-class-59/

Cheers Mike

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold

Hello all,

Just a quick note to say that the first tranche of models, Class 59/0 including the exclusives for Kernow and Rails, should be with us imminently and we will update our website with full details when we have them.

IMG_0363.jpg.7a510cd65b804b0b52f4d647ef12264a.jpg

cheers

Ben A.

• Like 9
  • Agree 1
  • Round of applause 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

If 59/0 are arriving first, will they be sent out to those of us who've also ordered a 59/1 or 59/2 or will they be delayed until the remainder of the order arrives at Revolution HQ?

Steven B.

On 05/02/2024 at 00:30, Revolution Ben said:

Hello all,

cheers

Ben A.

This looks absolutely brilliant! I know I’ve mentioned it before but REALLY hope you guys are planning on a OO gauge version 🙏 

• Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hello all,

We have received a sample of 59101 in its new Heidelberg Materials livery for final approval.

59101HM01.jpeg.8efcbfd821210517df3bdccbfc6df505.jpeg

This limited run model is among the 59/1 versions expected here in the next 4 weeks.  DCC Silent and DCC Sound versions can be pre-ordered from the Revolution website, though I think there are only a couple of DCC Sound versions still available.  Of course upgrading to sound is straightforward as the sound project is available from Legomanbiffo and the models all have a factory fitted decoder.

We'd like to thank Heidelberg Materials and the team at Freightliner for allowing us to measure and record the real thing on its first day in traffic last December.

59101Whatleydepot.jpg.1aeb50f28e05f1409e2f107f006c84b5.jpg

We also have pre-mapped ESU Lokpilot E24 Nano decoders availableto pre-order for those who prefer their digital models to be seen and not heard...

The 59/0 variants are all here and we are going to do our best to start shipping these next week, however please bear with us as we have Model Rail Scotland next weekend too.

cheers

Ben A.

Edited by Revolution Ben
  • Like 3

On 05/02/2024 at 00:30, Revolution Ben said:

Hello all,

Just a quick note to say that the first tranche of models, Class 59/0 including the exclusives for Kernow and Rails, should be with us imminently and we will update our website with full details when we have them.

cheers

Ben A.

I keep looking at these pics.... and the one of 59101 above and thinking 'N gauge... really..... is that really N gauge' it looks perfect, it looks like its OO gauge...... im another one who thinks this really needs to be upscaled to OO gauge, i think i may have mentioned it before once or twice...... competition is a good thing...... its not like were asking you to make a OO gauge class 31 is it, lol.

• Like 1

My 59 has arrived, running in now.

Very smooth and great sound. A heavy loco, should perform well hauling the 20 JHAs waiting for its first turn of duty,

Lighting and horn controls are very neat, F2 controls both single tone and two tone, after a little practice. Front and rear lights are switched independently, 

• RMweb Premium

Mine arrived this morning, so it had to have a quick test run.

Runs sweetly from a crawl to something probably a little over scale max...

Superb etched details, cracking model.

59001 the original one....

20240221_220444.jpg.95e641c810f1db111c3a7e4bd545ffa4.jpg

20240221_220846.jpg.91a171ec375306ff8477fa493b7f3319.jpg

Well done guys. More pics on Clayton Underwood soon...

• Like 19

• RMweb Gold

Just picked up my 005 at Model Rail Scotland and it looks stunning! Nice box too! 

IMG_7551.jpeg.a8bb6099127d8e37353743049942e30a.jpeg

There’ll be a review on NGN very soon! 

Tom. 

• Like 7

• RMweb Gold

I've just finished the first run through of generating balance invoices (I'm sure that I will have missed some but please don't worry as we check things at multiple stages so no one gets left out).

If you've not received your balance invoice(s) by email please login to your account on our website (or check your spam box) and it any balance invoices should be available for payment.

You can see the latest of where we have got to with sending out orders here: https://revolutiontrains.com/click-and-collect-at-model-rail-scotland-or-let-us-post-your-class-59-0/

Cheers Mike

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, Kaput said:

ESU seem to have uploaded function mapping files for the Lokpilot's, I'm guessing its the same as the pre-programmed ones from Revolution use.

Not 100% sure which one is which (59/0 vs 59/1)

https://projects.esu.eu/projectoverviews/8?type=all&order=date&country=gb

Hi there,

91604.1 is for the 59/0, 91604.2 for the 59/1 and 59/2. 

The difference is the 59/1 and 59/2 can show night running mode. 

cheers

Ben A.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

Just got my pair of 59/0 this morning…. incredible detail and running performance 🤗 !!! Surely a contender for model of the year! Really pleased with the weighting of this loco too. 

Livery application is excellent and really well executed…. no clogging with paint of the fine etched grilles either, which was a reservation I had about use of such fine etches. The other design aspect that I had reservations about was the removable hood, as per the real thing - I can confirm it is virtually seamless on the model…. in fact, having spent lots of time on Flickr, the removable hood on the real thing is actually surprisingly ill-fitting - the model hood has a much better fit 😉 !

I did have [apparently] two detail parts loose in the inner plastic sleeve; one I spotted before opening and the other I felt hit my foot, but despite scouring the floor, I cannot find it - on the other hand, I also cannot see where on the loco it would have come from either, so I guess it doesn’t really matter…. 😂 ! The part I did notice was the object deflector footstep; that’ll be an easy remedy, so no bother.

The packaging is also excellent and clearly mindful of the abundance of fragile super-detailing, the guys have really made an effort to cradle the loco as best as possible. The continued use of a strong cardboard outer is a commendable [and I believe conscious] effort to reduce the use of plastic packaging…. shows the level of thought that is going into these models, as even the packaging is carefully considered with each new model.

In conclusion, if you haven’t bought a Revolution 59, why not…. 🤣 ???! Best loco I own - only a Dapol 68 comes close. 

This also has me salivating for the class 66s I have on order with Revolution…. sharing much of the same design, it will be an incredible loco too, of which I have no doubt; so go buy a bunch of those as well…. 😛 !

• Like 3

My 59 arrived this morning, straight out of the box on the test track this is the best loco I have had from Revolution with no running in issues at all. Tempted for a 66 now, was waiting to see how good the 59 was!

5 hours ago, JR_P said:

In conclusion, if you haven’t bought a Revolution 59, why not…. 🤣 ???!

Because there is big group of folk who for them its the wrong scale...... were waiting for the OO gauge version to be announced. 😉

The gents at Revolution have got to cave in and agree to do it soon surely.... we need a Revolution OO gauge 59 to stick on the front of their OO gauge JNA wagons.