Class 59 from Revolution Trains

Revolution Ben

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, DavidMcKenzie said:

Hi Ben,

The 59 looks great. Your layout looks supurb as well, is there anywhere to follow it? does it have a thread anywhere?

All the best,

Dave

Ben? I'm Mike (B) 😀

The layout is called Market Lavington and can be found in the layout topics on this forum.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Revolution Mike B said:

Ben? I'm Mike (B) 😀

The layout is called Market Lavington and can be found in the layout topics on this forum.

Mike I am very sorry, I was reading your message whilst getting bumped around on the tram earlier. The Revolution and the B combined with me skim reading with blurred vision was a bad mix. 

I've just found it thanks, I don't know how that one passed me by, cracking layout 👍

All the best,

Dave

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 05/11/2022 at 22:04, Revolution Mike B said:

Evening All.

This evening I had one of our EP samples running on my layout effortlessly pulling a 30 wagon consist made up of 9 EFE JIAs, 10 of our JNAs and 11 of our HOAs. I’ll try and post a video at some point showing that our 59s will have no issues pulling scale length trains. We still need to make some small amendments to the lighting but we’re now very close to the final production model. Picture below for effect…..

B9982FF4-A785-43EF-BE2A-55BD743F16A1.jpeg.922214fc39a9016c6ffceaa957996330.jpeg

When does pre -order end for these please?

• RMweb Premium

I've had an itchy trigger finger around ordering a 59 for a while, after seeing the samples at Warley have finally gone for one in ARC livery. I don't even model N gauge but with the Electrostar on the way as well I have an idea for a diorama inspired by Mountfield sidings near Battle.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold
On 26/11/2022 at 18:23, Ian_T said:

When does pre -order end for these please?

According to yesterday’s update on their website: “N/2mm Class 59 – we’ve agreed a production slot with the factory for the 59s so our order book will close on 31 March 2023”

Edited by The Pilotman
  • Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

As some of you may or may not have seen on Facebook, one of our deco sample 59/0s was being put through its paces again on my Market Lavington layout with some impressive results. Unfortunately, I can’t post a video link on here but it comfortably managed to haul 9 Dapol JHAs, 15 of our HOAs and 12 of our JNA/Ts. The first two blocks of wagons being fairly hefty in weight individually, let alone all together. This was achieved without traction tyres too! We’ll have an ‘official’ update video within the next couple of weeks to run through the fantastic sound fitted version that was recorded from the real loco at Whatley Quarry. Don’t forget that the order book closes at the end of this month for anyone wishing to secure one of these fine locomotives at a pre order price of £124.95 

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

We are delighted to announce a U.K. first for N Gauge modelling. 

In conjunction with ESU, our Class 59 will feature a completely new decoder for the U.K. market which some of you will know as a Loksound 5 Nano. Previously supplied to the Australian and North American markets due to more functionality but only in ‘wired’ form, ESU have now produced the decoder for the U.K. market with an E24 interface, and this will become known as Next 28. The non sound version - Lokpilot Nano 5 is currently in production and both decoders are expected to arrive in the very near future. 

If you haven’t seen the loco running on various social media platforms, you can find out why we’re so excited by following this link….

https://revolutiontrains.com/countdown-for-the-59s/

• Like 6

I hope this is good news but what does it mean for those of us who have ordered a non-sound loco with the intention of fitting a non-sound Next 18 chip ( and noting that the original specification referred to a Next 18 interface). 

What does this mean for the DCC interface on the Diesel Parcels Unit and class 313.  Will a non sound Next 28 DCC chip be available from ESU at non- sound prices.

Hoping that Revolution can reassure me and others on these queries.

Thank you 

• RMweb Gold
33 minutes ago, Marke said:

I hope this is good news but what does it mean for those of us who have ordered a non-sound loco with the intention of fitting a non-sound Next 18 chip ( and noting that the original specification referred to a Next 18 interface). 

What does this mean for the DCC interface on the Diesel Parcels Unit and class 313.  Will a non sound Next 28 DCC chip be available from ESU at non- sound prices.

Yes, as per the information in the video - ESU are developing a Loksound version and a Lokpilot (their non-sound decoder range) version - both will be available by the time production of the 59s is complete.

It makes no difference to the 128s (which are already in production).  We're still planning to use a Next 18 decoder in the 313, but we won't shy away from using a decoder socket with more functionality if it is better for our customers to give more prototypical lighting functions.

As explained in the video there were certain combinations of lighting that we just couldn't do with a Next 18 socket, that we can do with the additional functionality of the new Next 28 socket.

Here's the video if anyone missed it:

Though as Mike B posted earlier there's more detail on our website.

Cheers Mike

Edited by Revolution Mike
  • Like 9
  • Round of applause 4

Watching that video, I'm left very impressed by the length (36 or thereabouts?) of hopper wagons behind the 59 model... and no banker either!

Looking forward to this model - always wanted to see this class in N-gauge.

Not long now...

Cheers,

Ixion.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
15 hours ago, Brian-1c said:

Is a stay alive included in the loco or decoder ?

Hi there,

No, the model does not incorporate a stay-alive because as a heavy co-co diesel we didn’t think the added cost was worth it!

cheers

Ben A. 

3 hours ago, Revolution Ben said:

Hi there,

No, the model does not incorporate a stay-alive because as a heavy co-co diesel we didn’t think the added cost was worth it!

cheers

Ben A. 

Thanks Ben,

Hopefully a stay alive can be connected to the decoder then, for those of us who would still like to have one.

Brian

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
43 minutes ago, ERIC ALLTORQUE said:

Just be careful if he knocks twice....

This is the one model that knocks the N gauge out the park,i wish you would take this to 00.

Thanks!  Just wait until you see the obvious follow up... 

Re the 59 in 00:  We've been asked this a lot at shows etc by 00 guys looking at the samples.  We did think about it but the recently released rival model seems to have satisfied most 4mm customers... are we wrong in that assessment?

cheers

Ben A.

Edited by Revolution Ben
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

Obvious follow up to the 59? Does this mean we can expect a Revolution 66?

Is there a market for a OO gauge class 59? Absolutely not. Spend the CAD, tooling & production time & money on something else in N!  😀

Steven B

• Like 3
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, Steven B said:

Obvious follow up to the 59? Does this mean we can expect a Revolution 66?

No, the precursor to the 59 and not at all a niche product, the SW1001!

Western Yeoman II

Double trouble

Another one to load

Jo

• Like 3
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Premium
6 hours ago, Revolution Ben said:

Thanks!  Just wait until you see the obvious follow up... 

Re the 59 in 00:  We've been asked this a lot at shows etc by 00 guys looking at the samples.  We did think about it but the recently released rival model seems to have satisfied most 4mm customers... are we wrong in that assessment?

cheers

Ben A.

Lets say its not what it should be after six years in the pipeline,having to correct stand out errors after such a long run up to release and no current livery in the first batch. Your N customers are right that it would be more sence to do what your known to do best,really well done model for the N gauge railways.

• Like 1