So what’s being announced this coming Saturday

two tone green

4 hours ago, adb968008 said:

HST ?

:D

Theres not much point putting a release date on anything at the moment. I think its going to take years to clear the current announced toolings. Theres only so much floor space in China.

I hope not. Too great a chance of getting the shape wrong.

• Agree 2

7 hours ago, adb968008 said:

Theres not much point putting a release date on anything at the moment. I think its going to take years to clear the current announced toolings. Theres only so much floor space in China.

Couldn't agree more. Given that it's now 2.5 years since the 45 was announced with little sign of progress of late, and with other new models announced in the intervening period, surely now is a time of consolidation rather than announcing more and more new models with dubious schedules.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
8 hours ago, lincolnshiremodeller said:

Given that it's now 2.5 years since the (00) 45 was announced with little sign of progress of late, and with other new models announced in the intervening period, surely now is a time of consolidation

Given the 2 or 3 year lead time they will still be working on new projects in the background anyway. Tower have indicated there are several other things they know of in the pipeline that aren't being announced yet.

They also mention price rises as a result of the shipping and production issues incidentally.

A 45 rerun in 7mm must be due, possibly a variation such as sealed beam or 46 and similarly an 04 from the 03.

Edited by Hal Nail

In O gauge it could be a class 22 diesel which goes with their other WR locos, as well as preempting any movement from Dapol who have done it in OO and N gauge. Nice and short too, ideal for the small layouts. Come on Heljan you know you want to...

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
8 minutes ago, Courtybella said:

They also announced an increase in prices as well, so expect standard locos to tip the £700 with discount point! 

The first? £100+ wagon as well maybe…exciting times 

I knew there was a reason why I only look at O gauge.

:D

God help us if OO got there, i’d be taking photography as a more serious hobby.

Edited by adb968008
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 1

To be honest I’m only looking at one more medium sized loco maybe a 31 or 37 then I’m done, but as prices increase it does build a barrier to the younger people who want to come into the hobby. 

We maybe should ask the question why Dapol can produce a loco (66) at half the price of a comparable Heljan offering l, considering both products use similar factories in China, and perhaps sail on rhe same ship to Europe.

I’d rather see wagons that “don’t sell” and have “no call for” produced rather hugely expensive locos - although there are obvious gaps in modern traction which Heljan are well placed to fill, not to mention the untouched 2nd generation DMU fleets, which I suspect people in my age group (35-40) grew up with….Class 150 in O anyone ? 

• Agree 1