'Ballamoddey' - 1937 on the Mid Sodor Railway

Tom F

3 minutes ago, Aire Head said:

Living up to his reputation in this image :jester:

Totally unintentional :lol:

but I love how the driver in the cab has his hands on his hips.....clearly in desperation!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Tom F said:

Totally unintentional :lol:

but I love how the driver in the cab has his hands on his hips.....clearly in desperation!

You know they were just rolling back and heard a bang and felt a jolt and knew exactly what had just happened.

Edited by Aire Head
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Gold

Those scenes are splendid, Tom. Lovely job on the Baldwin to which you've added great texture with a nice warm tone. 

As for the figures, they are simply sublime. 

Rob. 

Edited by NHY 581
Sausage hooves
  • Agree 4

4 hours ago, Andrew Young said:

Just superb Tom. 

One question, what have you used for your bracken?

Thanks,

Andrew

Thanks Andrew. They are part of the Noch range of products. I brush painted them more autumnal colours.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

11 hours ago, Tom F said:

Sometimes, I can be my own worse enemy. I find I can sit planning, planning and more planning but I make little progress.

Making the decision to model Ballamoddey was fairly easy, the hardest part was making a start on the boards. Once I’d made that big decision and began making the boards, the ball was rolling. From there I began building up goods wagons and vans. This in turn helped to give me the inspiration to work on the first loco, No. 2.

Each little part of project inspires me to move on with the next. I sometimes become frustrated that everything isn’t finished already, but I’m reminded of the joy of the journey, and how little goals and achievements help to break the project down into bitesize lumps.

The Mid Sodor is going to be a big part of my modelling life going forward and can’t wait to see here this adventure leads me!

24B45E00-52A2-4A5D-8471-A6EEE9469B71.jpeg

Stunning work again Tom, so natural.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

On 03/02/2022 at 23:24, Tom F said:

Sometimes, I can be my own worse enemy. I find I can sit planning, planning and more planning but I make little progress.

24B45E00-52A2-4A5D-8471-A6EEE9469B71.jpeg

I know that feeling Tom. I’m a serial planning, kit-building, layout-avoiding kind of a modeller!

That photo is incredible, by the way. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 2