Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Formula 1 2022

didcot

I'm seeing Yellow.

Loads and loads of friggin  YELLOW,

Flags,

VSC's

SC's

What a totally useless Micky Mouse Circuit, where I cant tell one corner from another. It needs to be dropped IMHO.

• Agree 9

What's the point of holding the podium awards straight away if the stewards are not going to bother making their decision about the leader's possible penalty until afterwards?

I don't have a problem with their decision but leaving it for later is absolutely disgraceful.

• Agree 7

• RMweb Premium
9 minutes ago, Pete the Elaner said:

What's the point of holding the podium awards straight away if the stewards are not going to bother making their decision about the leader's possible penalty until afterwards?

I don't have a problem with their decision but leaving it for later is absolutely disgraceful.

Its because that the positions and points will stand so that MV and/or RB can keep the points. Cynical, moi?

• Like 2
  • Agree 4

Just WHY????

I suppose they have to consider the betting culture of the region and the possibility of large men with attitudes and big hammers (at least) may get come visiting because the bookmakers are out of pocket...

• Like 1
  • Funny 2

I thought it was an absorbing qualifying, but a dull race - thanks to all the “impermanent way slacks”.

I’m becoming rather jaded by the off-track rumours and politics, that basically comes down to which teams are the best cheats and most able to get away with it.

• Like 1
  • Agree 5

• RMweb Premium

C4 coverage was frustrating. 

Max: “I’ve flat spotted my tyres, need to pit”

C4: cool, we’ll go to an advert break

Return to program to find Max has pitted and dropped right down, plus various other shuffling completely unseen.  

• Agree 5

9 hours ago, EddieB said:

I’m becoming rather jaded by the off-track rumours and politics, that basically comes down to which teams are the best cheats and most able to get away with it.

We have 2 sets of people to blame for that:

The media for stirring things as much as possible. Many interviews seem to be targeting a quote to generate something the interviewee does not really want to say.

The FIA for weak rules: we had a load of fuss over jewellery. Either the rule needed updating years ago or it needs to be applied.

Both RB & Merc exposed loopholes with engine penalties last year. I accept that as a problem when it happens for the first time, but nothing was changed to fix this during the winter.

Safety car procedures have been rubbish for years. These were exposed last year in Abu Dhabi & again in Monza. They should have a minimal impact on races but instead of trying to achieve this, they pander to those who like to see them mess with races as much a possible. We have already seen 1 known case of a deliberate incident created to bring out a safety car (Piquet, Singapore 08). Others have drawn suspicion. Have others been created deliberately? Everything possible must be done to make such an incident worthless.

Qualy seems to be affected more regularly by yellow/red flags. We have seen these caused deliberately before (Schumacher at Rascasse - he was penalised, which many think was fair, but there was no clear rule to apply). Rosberg did it more subtly & got away with it. Leclerc crashed out in Monaco last year & stopped others from beating his pole but he kept pole as a result. Intentional or not (I don't think it was), he screwed up & deserved to get a penalty for it.

Just how much are drivers allowed to push each other around on the track before it becomes wrong? We saw a lot of shoving last season but when the outside driver yields to avoid a collision, he loses out. This is wrong.

All the rules need looking at every year to see what improvements can be made, then the rules can be applied as written. They don't appear to bother though.

• Like 3
  • Agree 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Premium
14 hours ago, njee20 said:

C4 coverage was frustrating. 

Max: “I’ve flat spotted my tyres, need to pit”

C4: cool, we’ll go to an advert break

Return to program to find Max has pitted and dropped right down, plus various other shuffling completely unseen.  

Yup - C4 highlights this year have been dire, not highlights at all, but just the action cut to ribbons without any thought to capturing points of interest.  Presumably not edited by a person with an interest or understanding in the actual race?

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

34 minutes ago, New Haven Neil said:

Yup - C4 highlights this year have been dire, not highlights at all, but just the action cut to ribbons without any thought to capturing points of interest.  Presumably not edited by a person with an interest or understanding in the actual race?

Or editing the highlights is in the hands of a Sky editor, who's remit is to encourage uptake of a Sky subscription?

• Agree 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2

• RMweb Premium

I generally don’t think they do a bad job, I guess the longer the race gets the harder it is to offer continuity given the defined duration of the highlights. This just felt particularly poor. we missed Ricciardo’s ascent through the field with an offset pit strategy too. I find it takes a minute or so after the adverts to work out what the hell has happened!

It’s frustrating because I prefer the C4 team.   

• Like 5
  • Agree 2

13 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

Ooh, the lawyers will be looking at supercar brochures then...

• Funny 5