Bachmann MCC (Model Collect Create) Centre - Hinckley

AY Mod

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, The Stationmaster said:

It depends which measure you look at.  Using the 2015 figures (the first I found) In cash terms the USA was the biggest followed by Germany followed by the UK.  But when measured as a percentage of GDP Germany came 11th, the USA didn't even get into the top ten, and the UK was in 7th place.

It means per person they are less generous, but doesn't change the fact that when they put cash on the table, the total is more than ours.

300 million people adding a $1, will always beat 60 million donating $2.

At the end of the day, biggest wedge wins the biggest influence, thats why the US dominates global politics.

Only way that will change is devaluing the dollar, and certain countries are vying to try it, trouble is, those who can move the dollar’s value, are mostly US resident, which means those trying need to find a way without losing their own dollar stash’s value trying, knowing bigger money men back in the US, not on their side will be willing to accept their bets.

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 1

• Administrators
1 hour ago, TomScrut said:

If that was the case, we'd all be buying railroad stuff.

It seems obvious to me that in this hobby people will pay good money for good items. It is just that we also don't like stuff getting more expensive, which I don't think is unreasonable.

Please, not the never-ending price discussion.

12 minutes ago, adb968008 said:

It means per person they are less generous, but doesn't change the fact that when they put cash on the table, the total is more than ours.

300 million people adding a $1, will always beat 60 million donating $2.

At the end of the day, biggest wedge wins the biggest influence, thats why the US dominates global politics.

Only way that will change is devaluing the dollar, and certain countries are vying to try it, trouble is, those who can move the dollar’s value, are mostly US resident, which means those trying need to find a way without losing their own dollar stash’s value trying, knowing bigger money men back in the US, not on their side will be willing to accept their bets.

Also, international aid isn't administered from Bachmann's shop, so can we knock this off too.

Thanks all.

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium

Two observations, if I may, from the past week which perhaps show that Bachmann's shop model has a place, probably at the large regional "shopping destinations".

Firstly, I went to a Scout Group AGM during the week, in my role as a District Deputy Commissioner. As part of that they presented the Scouts with the badges they had recently achieved. About half the Troop had achieved the Model Maker Activity badge, with as many girls achieving it as boys. The Scouts model maker badge is sponsored by Warhammer, and they provide a resource pack. But, among the 5 options of models to make is:

image.png.ba734824f4b71f5e9638f1d6a8b49b33.png

I don't know which of the five options these Scouts had chosen, I expect probably the aeroplane one as they have recently visited an aircraft museum, but there is an appetite still among young people to make models. The Bachmann shop could either spark or kindle an interest.

Secondly, I was exhibiting at Larkrail yesterday, and while it is a relatively small show, attracting mainly those "in the know" of the visitors I talked to a good number were curious locals. They were interested in the models, and the wider topics of "why that subject", "what was your inspiration" rather than "how do you do make the buildings" etc. They were fascinated by the whole process. Having had that interest fired, seeing a Bachmann shop during a day out might just be the spark to say "let's find out a bit more". No one said "I've been watching the Hornby programmes on television" but several indicated that post-lockdown they were looking at how they spend their time differently. 

I've said it before, and still believe it, Bachmann are on to something here. We are not the market the shop is aiming at. The much bigger market of everyone who is not us is what they are aiming at. 

• Like 4
  • Agree 3

• 3 months later...
  • Administrators

From Bachmann

WE ARE HIRING!!!

Job Title: Retail Store Manager 
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Retail Store Manager to join the MCC Hobby Centre in Hinckley, Leicestershire.

We are looking for somebody who:
Is passionate about people and customer retention
Is commercially driven
Has engaging leadership qualities
Has excellent time-management, delegation, and problem-solving skills
Has experience of successfully managing stock, staff, and premises
Has an energy and enthusiasm to achieve bonuses and rewards
Has excellent IT and numerical skills
Has a desire to learn more about our diverse range of products and how we interact with the local community.

What you will do:
Manage the day-to-day operation of the store within the procedural framework
Ensure that the store and its staff are professional and well presented
Manage the logistics of the store, ensuring effective replenishment and accuracy of stock information
Lead, motivate and develop your team
Work with the team to provide an excellent customer experience
Find further opportunities to engage with the local community

What’s in it for you?:
• Job satisfaction and personal development
• Bonus scheme.
• Store discount.
• Staff uniform supplied
• Genuine career opportunity within a developing international company.

Does this sound like the job for you? If so, let us know why you think you are the right person to join our team.

Job Application – Retail Store Manager - MCC Hobby Centre, Bachmann Europe Plc, Moat Way, Barwell, Leicestershire LE9 8EY or email jobs@mccstore.co.uk

Bachmann is an equal opportunities environment

• 1 year later...
  • RMweb Gold

In here this afternoon and there's a clearance sale on of mainly Bachmann coaches and Scenecraft items. I noticed some green birdcage stock for 40 sheets each. Chatting to the manager and the store is doing well in the location.

• Like 3