Trewithen, BR/WR BLT.

Andrew P

Excellent video Andy, it gives a sense of place to the layout. The opening title music made me think you'd hired Tarantino as director.😎

Can't fault that at all, a man after my own. 

I just like the way the whole scene flows and isn't awash with track. 

I did the same thing as you and fired the loop crossover / headshunt off one switch and the other end / catch point, basically to mimic the point rodding and save the inevitable derailments when I forget what I'm doing!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Dragonboy said:

This is looking good Andy and hopefully will give you plenty of fun shunting troublesome trucks about. 

The auto frogs are giving me food for thought as frog power transfer is a headache I’m wrestling with for points I’m building in N where I was planning on using sliding switches with the operating black lever drilled through to take wire linked to the tie bar but there is so little throw on the tie bar I think the travel needed in the switch will be far too much.

One observation if I may? As soon as you offered up the Metcalfe stone it drew my eye to the platform surface which by comparison looks very blue. This may of course be an optical illusion caused by the camera, or not enough coffee my end.

Brian

Hi Brian, Cheers for the feedback.  I do like the Autofrogs, they make wiring so simple. 

Re the Platform, I can assure you that NO Blue was harmed in the painting of the Platform, Just Black, two Greys and a little Magnolia, but the Blue tint may be being picked up by the camera from a reflection of the Sky above.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, MrWolf said:

Excellent video Andy, it gives a sense of place to the layout. The opening title music made me think you'd hired Tarantino as director.😎

Can't fault that at all, a man after my own. 

I just like the way the whole scene flows and isn't awash with track. 

I did the same thing as you and fired the loop crossover / headshunt off one switch and the other end / catch point, basically to mimic the point rodding and save the inevitable derailments when I forget what I'm doing!

Cheers Rob, Deffo NOT a Tarantino.

Re the Points, I will fire the Crossover at the Buffer end with just the one switch as well, less wiring and less worry.

Good luck with the House move BTW.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi Andy, all looking good as always and once again enjoyable videos, something was telling me all along that Bute Road wasn't going to stand the test of time 😀

May I ask if you are using solenoid point motors what CDU do you use please? It's just I have the gaugemaster one and I really can't seem to get it to fire more than one at a time let alone 3 🤣

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Iron Horse said:

Hi Andy, all looking good as always and once again enjoyable videos, something was telling me all along that Bute Road wasn't going to stand the test of time 😀

May I ask if you are using solenoid point motors what CDU do you use please? It's just I have the gaugemaster one and I really can't seem to get it to fire more than one at a time let alone 3 🤣

Hi Adrian, Firstly thanks for the positive comments on the Video and the change of direction.

Re the CDU, its an "On Tracks" one, I picked up about 25 to 30 years ago on a second hand stall, not boxed and no paperwork so just took a chance on it, and I had forgotten I had it until a few Months ago, when I found it, and used it on BR.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, woodenhead said:

Lovely model so far, have you considered that you might want a single loco shed and siding to store your branch set in of an evening?

Whilst it won't fit Bodmin style here, perhaps in the gap between the Bodmin Rd / Boscarne lines?

Hi Mate, The REAL Bodmin General has a Shed and Siding for just that, its situated where I'm putting the Dairy. I decided that the Dairy will give me more operational interest, plus the fact that everything is compressed down length wise, and I didn't want all points and another structure.

So in consequence I have to assume that the Last Train of the day departs back to Bodmin Road and is either stabled there or at St Blazey, just down the line.

In the area between the Boscarne Tracks Tunnel and the Bodmin Road Tunnel I want some nice green embankments / Cutting to hide the Boscarne Tracks at the back.. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Karhedron said:

I love a good GWR BLT and I look forward to watching this one develop. :)

Thanks very much, I did enjoy, Pencarne, Porth Merryn and my O Gauge Trebudoc from a few years ago.

Thanks for your input.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Bogie said:

Very professional.

I think you have missed your true calling!

Haha, Cheers, not sure about calling, but the Videos are fun to make, Cheers again.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, David Bell said:

Great video Andy. You are making good progress

Cheers

David

Thanks David, it will be a slow but detailed burn I recon, more into scenic details rather than running at the moment.

• Like 1

Ah, found it, the "it" being this thread, what with the recent non availability of RMWeb.  Anyway, all caught up now and following. I'm so pleased to see the kettles are coming back on your latest endeavour, and green diesels, right up my street.  I think my favourite of all your layouts was Pencarne and this new layout is right in that mould I think.  Looking forward to seeing this one progress, especially the scenics.

Regards,

Brian.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Brian D said:

Ah, found it, the "it" being this thread, what with the recent non availability of RMWeb.  Anyway, all caught up now and following. I'm so pleased to see the kettles are coming back on your latest endeavour, and green diesels, right up my street.  I think my favourite of all your layouts was Pencarne and this new layout is right in that mould I think.  Looking forward to seeing this one progress, especially the scenics.

Regards,

Brian.

Hi Brian, Thanks very much, and yes I hope this will be in the same vein as Pencarne, I'm back looking forward to doing some Scenics again.

Cheers for looking in and your comments.

• Like 1

Not a lot done today if I'm honest, apart from a good couple of hours on the Guitars.

I have however painted 4 of the 6 Lamp Posts, they may not be totally correct but they will go on the Platform, the remaining 2 will be Street Lamps.

IMG_7770.JPG.66a224a6219bf4dcec53679185fe6d35.JPG

• Like 9

I have also made a start on the walling, and will need to fit all this before fitting the Street Lamps

NOTE = I want to install the Station Lamps, Street Lamps and some Building lights before I turn the board up on its side to wire the Track and Points, and then hopefully I only need to up end the board the once.

The gaps around the bottoms of the walls and joins in the wall will be filled when I come to do the Flockageing as Al, @Alister_G would say

IMG_7771.JPG.7b890733a7be9fddc0f5f4b23600b280.JPG

In this pic, I might do away with the bit of Platform walling nearest to the camera and do a grass bank there.

IMG_7773.JPG.a4206ae719d2e3c70055459e1a9ce3dc.JPG

• Like 11

7 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

Not a lot done today if I'm honest, apart from a good couple of hours on the Guitars.

I have however painted 4 of the 6 Lamp Posts, they may not be totally correct but they will go on the Platform, the remaining 2 will be Street Lamps.

IMG_7770.JPG.66a224a6219bf4dcec53679185fe6d35.JPG

Me and the Mrs visited Bodmin in 2017 and I took a few pics.  Here is one showing the platform which might be useful.

P1010498.JPG.1103ad82c5236030d0d6de296e02239a.JPG

Not a nice day as you can see.

Regards,

Brian.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Brian D said:

Me and the Mrs visited Bodmin in 2017 and I took a few pics.  Here is one showing the platform which might be useful.

P1010498.JPG.1103ad82c5236030d0d6de296e02239a.JPG

Not a nice day as you can see.

Regards,

Brian.

Thanks Brian, useful for many things inc the hut and its colours, but I wont be adding rain or puddles to Trew.😆

• Like 2