Trewithen, BR/WR BLT.

Andrew P

42 minutes ago, woodenhead said:

You said you don't need to go under the boards again - but you haven't laid your dairy siding - won't that need wiring to your bus.

No mate, that will have a direct feed from the Point (metal fish plates), as no Loco will be left in there whilst running on the main, (One Loco in Steam principal). I will have metal joiners from the point, and again, as the point is hard wired direct to the BUS, it is a constant live feed. 

Happy days. 🤪  👍.

• Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 1

HI Andy

Another good video.

Question? Should you not have inner home signals on the main and the branch to protect the station? Currently you are runing trains in without any signalling?

Just a thought

Paul R

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

55 minutes ago, pwr said:

HI Andy

Another good video.

Question? Should you not have inner home signals on the main and the branch to protect the station? Currently you are runing trains in without any signalling?

Just a thought

Paul R

Hi Paul, You are right, but at the moment they are deemed to be the other end of the short Tunnels before the Station on both lines, unless I decide otherwise at a later date and move the Tunnel Mouths. They would be fixed Distant anyway I believe so I will use Ration if I do have any in the visible section.

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

You said you don't really need any more stock......BRCW 3 car suburban (class 118) DMU and a bubble car. You cannot have a Great Western Region steam to diesel train set without a bubble car, it is as important as a Western National Bristol LD on the bridge. It is the law.

• Like 3
  • Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

Also a 4 wheel railbus that was used on the line past Boscarne (or was that just to Bodmin North?)

A D600 Warship also wouldn't go amiss, working out it's life on short trains.

And what about a Large Prairie

You've a long way to completing this model Mr Peters

• Agree 1
  • Funny 4

• RMweb Gold
4 minutes ago, woodenhead said:

Also a 4 wheel railbus that was used on the line past Boscarne (or was that just to Bodmin North?)

I believe the railbus just ran from Bodmin North to Boscarne Junction exchange platform. Although, it made some trips down to Wadebridge every-so-often presumably for maintenance or to give it a 'run'. 

Best wishes,

Nick.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Brinkly said:

I believe the railbus just ran from Bodmin North to Boscarne Junction exchange platform. Although, it made some trips down to Wadebridge every-so-often presumably for maintenance or to give it a 'run'. 

Best wishes,

Nick.

Well you can scratch that item @Andrew P  But did Suvvern locos not visit Bodmin, let me consult my Bodmin book.....

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
Just now, woodenhead said:

Well you can scratch that item @Andrew P  But did Suvvern locos not visit Bodmin, let me consult my Bodmin book.....

There was a SR working during the 1950s from Wadebridge to Bodmin General (and possibly on to Bodmin Road) hauled by (usually) O2 tanks and Maunsell P-Sets. 

All the best,

Nick.

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

11 minutes ago, Clive Mortimore said:

You said you don't really need any more stock......BRCW 3 car suburban (class 118) DMU and a bubble car. You cannot have a Great Western Region steam to diesel train set without a bubble car, it is as important as a Western National Bristol LD on the bridge. It is the law.

GWR GREEN?

images.jpg.6e8b23e99ad6c989066e2b380eb54ea9.jpg

• Funny 8

1 minute ago, Brinkly said:

There was a SR working during the 1950s from Wadebridge to Bodmin General (and possibly on to Bodmin Road) hauled by (usually) O2 tanks and Maunsell P-Sets. 

All the best,

Nick.

Yep, just located that and in BR days a Well Tank could find it's way there from Wadebridge as well.

Your stocklist is woeful Mr Peters, let us help you empty your wallet.😄

• Funny 3

12 minutes ago, woodenhead said:

A D600 Warship also wouldn't go amiss, working out it's life on short trains.

And what about a Large Prairie

You've a long way to completing this model Mr Peters

Pesky RM Webbers.   🤣 Full of Bl**dy bright ideas.😡  🤣  😅

Maybe a Large Prairie, but I have so far found no evidence of one  in BG, let alone Trewithen.

As for D600. 😃

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 2

10 minutes ago, Brinkly said:

Best wishes,

Nick.

THANKS Nick, it means I can  steer well clear of one of those .😆

• Funny 2

10 minutes ago, Brinkly said:

31945a9a783088cf7467ff26e86ed2e8.jpg.ffa8c8396c04a0aef1f6eaca955d2bd7.jpg

W79978 during the summer of 1964 at Boscarne Exchange platform. 

screenshot.50445.jpg.b68826187a44b7beeb7046a60c9e2aa8.jpg

The same unit, I believe, at Dunmere Halt not long before closure. 

Best wishes,

Nick.

Nice pics, Cheers.

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, woodenhead said:

Please consult, possibly M7 or T9 and E4, but as I said earlier, I will probably go down the Ivatt 2MT Tank route for that.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
Just now, Andrew P said:

THANKS Nick, it means I can  steer well clear of one of those .😆

A very short-lived working anyway, Andy. Between 1964-1966. In 1966, the North Cornwall line and Bodmin North line closed, with a much reduced passenger service running from Bodmin General to Wadebridge by a bubble car. That finally succumbed in 1967 with just the Wenford clay branch surviving until the early 1980s. 

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, woodenhead said:

Yep, just located that and in BR days a Well Tank could find it's way there from Wadebridge as well.

Your stocklist is woeful Mr Peters, let us help you empty your wallet.😄

The TWO Well Tanks were out of Service on the Day that I'm modelling.🤫

• Agree 1
  • Funny 3

11 minutes ago, Brinkly said:

All the best,

Nick.

I'm mid 60's. 😮

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Brinkly said:

A very short-lived working anyway, Andy. Between 1964-1966. In 1966, the North Cornwall line and Bodmin North line closed, with a much reduced passenger service running from Bodmin General to Wadebridge by a bubble car. That finally succumbed in 1967 with just the Wenford clay branch surviving until the early 1980s. 

Thanks Nick, So Guys, looks like I'll need a Bubble Car at some stage.

• Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
12 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

Please consult, possibly M7 or T9 and E4, but as I said earlier, I will probably go down the Ivatt 2MT Tank route for that.

T9s tended to work the North Cornwall line - Padstow, Wadebridge and then on to Halwill and Okehampton. They also worked the Southern mainline (Plymouth to Exeter) via Tavistock North. 

M7 locomotives were used in the Plymouth area and tended to work stopper services in the area - one particular use was Plymouth to Tavistock North stoppers (grandpa used to catch this train home regularly after the war). They tended not to operate on the North Cornwall line. 

E4... Don't think they were in the South West, as they were ex LB&SCR locomotives. 

Most likely choices would be O2 tanks (1930s to 1960) working P-Sets, Ivatt 2 tanks for a few years and N-Class Moguls. They did appear at Bodmin North from time to time and a pair were used to work clay trains up from Boscarne Junction to Bodmin General, but that was an incredibly rare working! 

Edited by Brinkly
  • Like 1
  • Agree 2