Stafford Railway Circle Exhibition 24h & 25th September 2022 (NEW UPDATE AFTER RMWEB ISSUES)

ELTEL

My late grandfather was a big Abba fan and was nearly 70 when they played Bingley Hall. As someone whose musical fare stopped at Jim Reeves and Slim Whitman, his desire to attend the Abba concert raised a few eyebrows in our family. My uncle (who ended up taking him) said at the time "I think it's because he fancies the blonde".

It looks a good venue and to be a great show. For me, the Stafford Exhibition will always be the Borough Hall in the 1970's. I can still feel the excitement of climbing the stairs to discover what delights lay beyond the doors. The fact it was practically opposite the mecca that was Bagnall's model shop, meant that for one weekend in April, heaven came to Stafford town centre.

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold
17 hours ago, ELTEL said:

Final exhibition plans coming on nicely, the clubroom a hive of activity last night.

As well as getting ready for our exhibition we are testing Whiteacres after some major electrical updates which you can all see at the Hornby exhibition in early October.

Terry 

Just make sure the bus is running or I've one hell of a trek on!

Mike.

The Warley club display stand will be at Stafford as usual but it will be unmanned. Because there aren’t any club members available to man this stand, advance tickets for  for the Warley NEC show in November will be available from the Dawlish Warren layout. Just ask one of the operators. Cash can be used to buy these tickets and also, subject to the comms working, card payments should be available.

I’ll be playing trains all day with Dawlish Warren.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
30 minutes ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

Just make sure the bus is running or I've one hell of a trek on!

Mike.

Hi Mike

Yes there will be the normal courtesy preserved bus service from Stafford Railway Station to the Showground on both days.

I will post the timetable as soon as I get it confirmed from the bus group 

Terry 

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

After a long delay due to Covid Camel Quay finally makes it to Stafford Exhibition.
Photographs courtesy of Andy York

A8D58A61-590A-4BA3-B1EF-84AF166EF920.jpeg

BAD23555-02F8-4D8C-9E3C-CDCA365C9291.png

3A57D66D-CB8F-47C3-8617-7CCF7FC2137D.jpeg

Edited by ELTEL
Add info
  • Like 3

• RMweb Premium
On 18/09/2022 at 09:37, ELTEL said:

Hi Mike

Yes there will be the normal courtesy preserved bus service from Stafford Railway Station to the Showground on both days.

I will post the timetable as soon as I get it confirmed from the bus group 

Terry 

If it’s not running by any chance…. The good news is that the new hall is 50, maybe 60 yards nearer than the old hall.

Always looking for a positive.

Andy

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 3

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, ELTEL said:

Off course if it snows it could cause travel disruption as it has done in the past 

The time to worry is if Michael Fish has said there's no snow this weekend.

• Agree 2
  • Funny 5

• RMweb Premium

A late arrival for this coming Stafford Railway Circle Exhibition at Bingley Hall Stafford 

Crimson Road by Stafford club Pete Griffiths has stepped in at the 11th hour for layout that is unable to attend.

6BD53A65-1D13-44D5-A9F2-EBA586576956.jpeg

• Like 5

• RMweb Premium

Ladderedge is our chairman’s new 0.16.5 Narrow Gauge layout loosely based what might have been had the The Leek & Manifold Railway branched out.  

Recently featured in BRM 

35D278FC-214B-479C-B842-6373149EDF95.jpeg

54B36C46-982C-4BA4-8DDD-5E5526D1A77C.jpeg

Edited by ELTEL
Spelling mistake
  • Like 3

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, ELTEL said:

I think I’m right in saying this is Longfield’s first time at Stafford Exhibition from long serving Member Cliff Homer 

F14A990A-9184-47EC-BDA9-02B25EDED5A9.jpeg

That's worth it to watch the crane in action.

• Informative/Useful 1

• Moderators
36 minutes ago, woodenhead said:

However, it is in the far north and I expect on high ground

My colleague from posh Warwickshire believes Stafford to be 'north' and, for him, the Showground is high. Guildex has proved that such arduous journeys are possible for him but he prefers the bus.

• Like 1
  • Funny 3