Warley National Exhibition 26th & 27th November 2022

Chris M

• RMweb Gold
20 hours ago, melmerby said:.

I've had a two day ticket every year for some time and they don't rip them or take them (Always a first time I suppose)

I hope that I don’t have any entry problems with my dated 2020 advanced tickets that l purchased as a special offer at the last 2019 show!

2 minutes ago, MartinM said:

Don't forget if you are driving it normally works out cheaper to park in the railway station car park rather that the NEC carpark and it is closer to the exhibition hall. Not guaranteed but worth checking 

Arghh don't tell everyone that, now I need to book my parking there.

This was my Saturday plan

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
6 minutes ago, MartinM said:

Don't forget if you are driving it normally works out cheaper to park in the railway station car park rather that the NEC carpark and it is closer to the exhibition hall. Not guaranteed but worth checking 

sssssshhh, don’t tell everyone!

EDIT: 

@woodenhead great minds! although I’m going to park at the station staff carpark, I’m hoping it may be a bit quieter driving out that side of the NEC toward the city centre 

Edited by big jim

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, bourneagain said:

I hope that I don’t have any entry problems with my dated 2020 advanced tickets that l purchased as a special offer at the last 2019 show!

You should have no problems.  I purchased my ticket for Warley 2020 at the Glasgow show in Feb 2020.  The lady on the Warley stand at Glasgow in Feb 2022, said advanced tickets for 2020 were valid for 2022 and she simply swapped my 2020 Warley ticket (which I had with me) for a 2022 one at no extra charge.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MartinM said:

1 hour ago, woodenhead said:

Arghh don't tell everyone that, now I need to book my parking there.

This was my Saturday plan

There have been times when you have needed to show a valid rail ticket if parking at the Station car park. You can't assume the station staff won't be manned on that day because Arriva Wales are showing as running*.

*You'll have to go to Coventry to find a city that will only be served by steam on that day.

I've parked there before and I've pre-booked a ticket - I wasn't asked to produce any evidence of a ticket and I am sure Avanti will be glad of the income given they won't have a single train running.

They must welcome non rail users as they even have a different season ticket rate for them...

Have any exhibitors tried to sign-in to the Exhibitor Information section of the Warley show website to check for any updates? I've just tried three times, without success, using the userID and password exactly as provided in my final exhibitor's letter...

From the NEC site

"Connecting with audiences | Free Wi-Fi

Need to stay in touch with the office? Responsible for your business’ social media updates? Just can’t wait to post a selfie? No problem, all visitors to the NEC can connect to WiFi across the entire venue completely free of charge. If you’re unsure how to connect, or experience any difficulties, just head to our Visitor and Business Centres and we’ll get you surfing the web in no time."

• RMweb Premium
47 minutes ago, Chris M said:

From the NEC site

"Connecting with audiences | Free Wi-Fi

Need to stay in touch with the office? Responsible for your business’ social media updates? Just can’t wait to post a selfie? No problem, all visitors to the NEC can connect to WiFi across the entire venue completely free of charge. If you’re unsure how to connect, or experience any difficulties, just head to our Visitor and Business Centres and we’ll get you surfing the web in no time."

Fantastic Chris,

Thank you, it never occurred to me to check the NEC website. Doh!

Jonathan 

• RMweb Premium

Bag drop - not necessary for me as I will use my large rucksack.... 😄

I am in the lucky position to be only 61 miles away from the NEC therefore this year I will use my car and try to fill it up with club colleagues, 2 will come for sure, probably 3, but not more, as otherwise it is a squash in the second row.

1 hour ago, itsthegman said:

Is there a bag drop facility this year on the slim chance I bag some bargains or there is a Bachmann scrum. You never know.

The bag drop will be at the central store. This is behind layouts B31 - B37. I expect the entrance will be between B35 and B34 but I can’t be sure.

Edited by Chris M

• Moderators
4 hours ago, JSModels said:

Thank you, it never occurred to me to check the NEC website. Doh!

From previous experience it may be worth seeing if you can tether to your mobile as a backup as there's been times when you get dumped off the WiFI - normal mobile signal is normally pretty good.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, melmerby said:

Not unusual on free wi-fi anywhere in my experience.

Especially when a lot of people are using it (punters, exhibitors, and traders).

The ideal would be to have a password-protected WiFi for traders (and for any exhibitors controlling their layouts over Wifi) and a "public" one for visitors, but I doubt that this is the case.

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, AY Mod said:

From previous experience it may be worth seeing if you can tether to your mobile as a backup as there's been times when you get dumped off the WiFI - normal mobile signal is normally pretty good.

Cheers Andy,

I'll have my mobile as backup anyway, good to hear that signal is generally ok. Haven't been to the NEC for about 8 years, I don't think!

Jonathan 

Oh well, seems I'll not be attending this year. Planned on going on Saturday but no trains, all of the TOCs l could have used from here are affected.

Even if trains are running normally from start of service Sunday earliest l could get there on a Sunday's not till after12.

Considered driving, but a 4 hour journey each way on top of the time in the show all seems too much or not safe.

Already had my advance ticket, so at least the organisers won't be losing out by my missing

• Friendly/supportive 5

On 21/11/2022 at 07:13, Chris M said:

So long as the Ticket Factory sales are open it will be fine. The last minute ones are usually picked up from an agent at the NEC rather than posted.

Does this mean that Ticket Factory issue paper tickets as opposed to sending out electronic ones?

Thanks.