Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Hattons Cancelling my Pre-Order for my Genesis Coaches

kevfisher

So being a loyal and patient customer continues to have no value as my Pre Order for 2 Genesis coach packs, an LMS  and GWR one has been cancelled by Hattons...

... ORDERED February 2021 .........

We have now received our finalised numbers for these models and due to the popularity of this project, I am afraid that we are having to cancel your order as we are unable to fulfill it.

.. How is it they only say now - It does makes Hattons criticism about Hornby doing it to them have little value.

Sorry - more than a little angry....

KevFisher

Edited by kevfisher
  • Like 1
  • Agree 3
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2
  • Friendly/supportive 6

• kevfisher changed the title to Hattons Cancelling my Pre-Order for my Genesis Coaches
9 minutes ago, kevfisher said:

The Cancelled sets were the GWR and LMS packages.

H4-46Pack-101 - Pack of 4 coaches (4BT, 4T, 6C123, 6BT) in GWR chocolate and cream

This was a pack that I also had ordered.  Pre-ordered back in January 2021.  Still showing as sold out on pre-order on my account.

I assumed a fiasco earlier so didn't bother. Agreed they seem a bit ahead of the competition but it's a bit short change if you've only had instructions that they are unable to complete the order. Any update, do they invisage more stock in due course?

Next of Coaches Batch seems to be December 2023 :-(

.. I have to admit that the cynic in me says there is more profit in selling the coaches individually rather than in a set...

Edited by kevfisher
  • Agree 2

It is not a new phenomenon, and used to happen quite a bit in the US.

I  had pre-orders for Lifelike, Athearn and Atlas locos all cancelled when the manufacturers failed to make enough of the livery I wanted to supply the model shops I'd ordered from.  This was one reason for me giving up on US outline a few years ago.

Les

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

On 31/08/2022 at 02:50, kevfisher said:

The Cancelled (or sold out?) sets were the GWR and LMS packages.

H4-46Pack-101 - Pack of 4 coaches (4BT, 4T, 6C123, 6BT) in GWR chocolate and cream

My addition in bold.

Me too, along with the individual:

H4-6CL-101 - 6 wheel composite lavatory (1st/3rd) 42 in GWR chocolate and cream

Edited by Ozexpatriate

On 31/08/2022 at 03:15, Nile said:

The GWR coaches appear to be very popular, only a few individual items are still available to order. The disappointing Hornby effort may have helped here.

Doubtless there were people holding out in hope of a "better" model from Hattons. At this point I am glad to have purchased some Hornby ones - "disappointing" or otherwise.

• Agree 1

On 30/08/2022 at 13:24, kevfisher said:

So being a loyal and patient customer continues to have no value as my Pre Order for 2 Genesis coach packs, an LMS  and GWR one has been cancelled by Hattons...

... ORDERED February 2021 .........

.. How is it they only say now - It does makes Hattons criticism about Hornby doing it to them have little value.

Sorry - more than a little angry....

KevFisher

So you come on here to vent your spleen.

If you take your head out of the sand for a moment and stop being so selfish you might find out that there are far worse things happening in the world.

In the current circumstances count your blessings that you are able to afford such non essential items.

It might have escaped you but the world is in a bit of a mess and fast going down the pan.

Bernard

• Like 6
  • Agree 3

17 minutes ago, Bernard Lamb said:

If you take your head out of the sand for a moment and stop being so selfish you might find out that there are far worse things happening in the world.

In the current circumstances count your blessings that you are able to afford such non essential items.

It might have escaped you but the world is in a bit of a mess and fast going down the pan.

Bernard

A bit harsh😮

• Like 1
  • Agree 14

36 minutes ago, Bernard Lamb said:

Bernard

17 minutes ago, brittannia said:

A bit harsh😮

I think Bernard is probably right, particularly when our toy trains are made from plastic, which my science from school was from oil.  Admittedly oil prices have slipped a little this last couple of weeks. 

We are in for some very rough times ahead and I wouldn't be at all surprised to see more suspension / cancellation of announced stuff.   

• Like 1