Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

Acceptable standards at exhibitions

On 28/11/2022 at 23:49, big jim said:

that may be the case but a proper prototypical 20 minute prep and walk around of the loco prior to moving it would have avoided the issue, i mean @rorz101uk was stood there and had you reported the fault he could have sorted it for you with him being an ex fitter, its just amateur hour, not prepping your loco properly, hope you brake tested all your trains while in the fiddle yard too? 😜

Didn’t report it to control first before I can fix @big jim! Plus I was carrying out a few brake tests! 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium
2 minutes ago, The Fatadder said:

Did the video on lamp changing get posted?  Curious to see the approach in action given the need to change lamps between arrival and departure on the branch workings for Brent 

Careful - you'll be accused of being "tiresome".......................................

• Agree 1
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Premium

Tiresome?  Smacks more of harrassment to me.  I very much hope that the OP, having given a full and clear desciption of his method of lamp changing,  continues to ignore requests for a totally unnecessary video.

• Like 3
  • Agree 5
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Premium
37 minutes ago, Torper said:

Tiresome?  Smacks more of harrassment to me.  I very much hope that the OP, having given a full and clear desciption of his method of lamp changing,  continues to ignore requests for a totally unnecessary video.

Agreed, I find it remarkable how some grown men are still, after several weeks, so desperate to be proved right about something so unbelievably trivial.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Premium
6 minutes ago, Northmoor said:

Agreed, I find it remarkable how some grown men are still, after several weeks, so desperate to be proved right about something so unbelievably trivial.

Some people would consider changing lamps trivial - the OP doesn't.

Asking for a video on how it's done isn't wanting to be proved right.

It's about seeing the OP how he carries it out.

"A picture paints a 1000 words" and all that.

Edited by newbryford
  • Like 1
  • Agree 3

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, newbryford said:

Some people would consider changing lamps trivial - the OP doesn't.

Asking for a video on how it's done isn't wanting to be proved right.

It's about seeing the OP how he carries it out.

"A picture paints a 1000 words" and all that.

Several weeks ago, the OP had a bit of a rant - yes, worded in a way I probably wouldn't have chosen myself - about something that really isn't that important.  Isn't it unfortunate that he's the only person who's ever done that on social media (or even RMWeb)?  Perhaps he hasn't thought about it since, but apparently it still rankles with some people.  Personally I've been annoyed or bothered by a lot of things since then, on-line bullying being one of them.

• Like 3
  • Agree 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Northmoor said:

Several weeks ago, the OP had a bit of a rant - yes, worded in a way I probably wouldn't have chosen myself - about something that really isn't that important.  Isn't it unfortunate that he's the only person who's ever done that on social media (or even RMWeb)?  Perhaps he hasn't thought about it since, but apparently it still rankles with some people.  Personally I've been annoyed or bothered by a lot of things since then, on-line bullying being one of them.

Or, perhaps, an impressive 33 pages ago, the OP had a dig (sic) at the P4 community - which has previously been accused, fairly or otherwise, of all sorts of elitism - and, their 'sins' having been exposed, has had to defend aspects of practicality which affect us all, and for which some would be genuinely grateful for a solution. Clearly his written explanation of how he deals with those issues has failed to convince. 

Motto - If you find yourself in a hole, stop digging, before the sides tumble in after you. 

• Like 4
  • Agree 1

41 minutes ago, Oldddudders said:

If you find yourself in a hole, stop digging,

Vey unBritish advice that, far too rational.

If you find yourself in a hole send for the steam-shovels to excavate deeper, faster is more the national mood. Examples: every politician of any political party, plus other types too numerous to mention.

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
46 minutes ago, Oldddudders said:

Motto - If you find yourself in a hole, stop digging, before the sides tumble in after you. 

I did a quick check; the OP last posted on 9th November, over a month ago.  So he hasn't been digging for some time, it's just that some others with a bee-in-their-bonnet keep asking him to pick up the shovel.

• Like 3
  • Agree 3
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
Just now, Northmoor said:

I did a quick check; the OP last posted on 9th November, over a month ago.  So he hasn't been digging for some time, it's just that some others with a bee-in-their-bonnet keep asking him to pick up the shovel.

Maybe the OP didn't like the original grenade he launched being lobbed back into his hole (which he did try to dig deeper way back when and gave up digging as his shovel wasn't big enough).

If others want to cover the grenade for him as he covers his ears, then go for it.

Way off thread now..........

• Like 1
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Gold
3 minutes ago, newbryford said:

Maybe the OP didn't like the original grenade he launched being lobbed back into his hole (which he did try to dig deeper way back when and gave up digging as his shovel wasn't big enough).

If others want to cover the grenade for him as he covers his ears, then go for it.

Way off thread now..........

I don’t know if you’ve wandered too far off….. grenade throwing is on my list of unacceptable behaviour at exhibitions 

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 6

• AY Mod locked this topic