Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×

Accurascale Goes Bananas! SR D1478 and D1479 Diagram Banana Vans in OO/4mm

• RMweb Gold

Unfortunately, like the Facebook shop, the offer is unable to take into account vat until you complete the order. It’s something we’ve asked Clearpay to look into as the website is smart enough to show vat where required on the relevant pages. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
6 hours ago, toby_tl10 said:

£17.7 * 4 * 1.2 = £84.96

I guess they forgot to put VAT in? I have no idea how VAT works with installments

Thanks, I really thought I'd lost my (already poor) ability to do simple maffs in the middle of the night... or anytime for that matter 👍

• Round of applause 2

55 minutes ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

You must be bananas to think that!

I would never dream of quoting the Price Marking Order of 2004 which clearly states the retailer  (shop or web) is not obliged to honour the displayed retail price and yes, I have no bananas.

• Like 2
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Porcy Mane said:

Does the retailer have to honour the "displayed price"?    🤨 

The quoted price is correct, but is subject to 'local taxes' in this instance which VAT constitutes. So nothing to see here.....

• Agree 1
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Premium
56 minutes ago, paul 27 said:

I am surprised they picked this version would have thought the BR Diagram 1/246

would have been a good choice as these lasted longer and i could replace those

out dated Dapol ones.

Give it time......I also think there might be a Kit for the 1/246 either available or Dapol have been told about this on their 'wot do yer want folks' thread.

I'm drunk on Banana Rum so maybe imagining this?

Philth

• Funny 2

I'm happy they've gone for the SR banana because the BR Dia 1/242 and 1/246 can be fashioned from the Parkside kit and a Dapol body/Red Panda chassis respectively, whereas the SR vans were much harder to do.   However a better 1/246 than the Dapol version would be very welcome as well.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Premium
Just now, 64F said:

I'm happy they've gone for the SR banana because the BR Dia 1/242 and 1/246 can be fashioned from the Parkside kit and a Dapol body/Red Panda chassis respectively, whereas the SR vans were much harder to do.   However a better 1/246 than the Dapol version would be very welcome as well.

Thanks for reminding me about that 64F. I knew I'd read that somewhere hence my stash of Red Panda UFs. Maybe Dapol will redo their 1/246 having asked for suggestions?

P

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
On 12/10/2022 at 20:55, Dunsignalling said:

The only mention of Exeter I spotted in there involves 19 vans. Aaaargh.

John

Dapol Body about £10? Red panda UF about £10. Wheels...huh! Decent Van for less than £25.

Parkside KIt including wheels of course + Red Panda UF? Not a lot?

19 vans.....simples, even with Triple Lock destruction!

Phil

• Funny 3

• RMweb Premium
29 minutes ago, Mallard60022 said:

even with Triple Lock destruction!

Whadda ya mean, you got 3.1% dint ya?

We're on strike# for 10% and my union has evidence my employer can more than afford it*

You lot should go on Strike too!  

# Trouble is, in my case, I don't think anyone has noticed 🙄

* Only so I can buy some banana vans 😁

Edited by Tim Dubya
Humour, sarcasm too much coffee
  • Like 4
  • Round of applause 1

16 minutes ago, Mallard60022 said:

I'm drunk on Banana Rum so maybe imagining this

With triple lock trepidation I'll have to make do with getting drunk on rum & raisin fudge.

These days I don't need to get drunk to start hallucinating.

• Round of applause 1
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Premium

Quick Question if I may? Dapol Body + Red Panda UF for a D 1/246 faff. How do/have people deal/t with the floor?

Red Pand UF + Floor will make the Dapol Body about 1mm too high; looks weird on dry run. 

I could use slightly smaller than 12mm Wheels; who would see that when they are running?

I could cut the 'part floor from the Dapol Body. 

I could just build the Under Frame onto the Dapol 'floor'. Latter seems easy?

Phil

Edited by Mallard60022
Speelin'
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2

7 minutes ago, Mallard60022 said:

Quick Question if I may? Dapol Body + Red Panda UF for a D 1/246 faff. How do/have people deal/t with the floor?

Dear Duckie, 

In the Dapol (Dublo in my day) body floor, 45 degree cuts into each corner with a razor saw then cut out the remaining floor chunks with a said saw. Clean  up insides with file and a ratio u/f was a snug fit  (way before days of the Red Panda). You could always glue a step, 2 x 1 mm strip, to the inside of the remaining "box" for the floor to sit against. All this was way back in the early 1970's and it was probably  Gunpowder vans but method should still should hold true.

Just by coincidence a Rumney Models GPV has just dropped through the letterbox.

• Craftsmanship/clever 1

• RMweb Gold
25 minutes ago, Mallard60022 said:

Red Pand UF + Floor will make the Dapol Body about 1mm too high; looks weird on dry run. 

I could use slightly smaller than 12mm Wheels; who would see that when they are running?

I could cut the 'part floor from the Dapol Body. 

I could just build the Under Frame onto the Dapol 'floor'. Latter seems easy?

Phil

My Dapol 1/246 vans didn't come with a floor, though that was a while ago. Have they changed the moulding?

If the bottom is open, just trim the Red Panda floor floor to sit against a couple of strips attached inside the body.

John

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

14 minutes ago, Dunsignalling said:

My Dapol 1/246 vans didn't come with a floor, though that was a while ago. Have they changed the moulding?

If the bottom is open, just trim the Red Panda floor floor to sit against a couple of strips attached inside the body.

Apparently - the one I have has a floor with a hole in the middle and a separate roof. I hope to be able to fill in the hole in the floor with suitable sheet, with reinforcements across the hole inside the body to support the infill, and then build the chassis directly onto it.

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

54 minutes ago, Cwmtwrch said:

Apparently - the one I have has a floor with a hole in the middle and a separate roof. I hope to be able to fill in the hole in the floor with suitable sheet, with reinforcements across the hole inside the body to support the infill, and then build the chassis directly onto it.

There is enough floor to build the underframe directly onto.IMG_20221019_172611.jpg.fc47b0a742399aea64d94f85a6fb44bd.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2