Accurascale Goes Bananas! SR D1478 and D1479 Diagram Banana Vans in OO/4mm

• RMweb Gold
40 minutes ago, Downer said:

I’m still waiting in France for the vans I ordered through Irish Railway Models.  Anyone else in the same position?

Sounds very odd Downer. Please get in touch ?

• RMweb Premium
10 hours ago, McC said:

Sounds very odd Downer. Please get in touch ?

I have emailed IRM twice, roughly six and three weeks ago, and been given reassurance that they would eventually be dispatched, but the order on my account still shows ‘unfulfilled’.  I was planning to email them again, but is there anything else I should be trying?

• Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
22 hours ago, Downer said:

I’m still waiting in France for the vans I ordered through Irish Railway Models.  Anyone else in the same position?

11 hours ago, Downer said:

I have emailed IRM twice, roughly six and three weeks ago, and been given reassurance that they would eventually be dispatched, but the order on my account still shows ‘unfulfilled’.  I was planning to email them again, but is there anything else I should be trying?

I got in touch a week or so ago and was told that the EU-destined banana vans had been delayed due to customs issues.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
25 minutes ago, brushman47544 said:

I got in touch a week or so ago and was told that the EU-destined banana vans had been delayed due to customs issues.

A heads-up from IRM on here would not have gone amiss.

My sincere thanks to Accurascale Fran & Simon for the repairs to my

accidentally damaged banana van. It's great to know that Accurascale's

quality extends beyond their superb models.

Many thanks once again.

Trevor7598.

P1430365.JPG

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

• RMweb Premium

For anyone who is waiting for their banana van order from IRM to the EU, mine was despatched yesterday (6 May) so hopefully will arrive in the next few days.

• RMweb Gold
On 25/04/2024 at 19:51, brushman47544 said:

On 25/04/2024 at 20:18, Downer said:

A heads-up from IRM on here would not have gone amiss.

I don't know which route they took but I've had mine in Spain for a month or more.

Mike.

On 24/04/2024 at 19:59, Downer said:

I hope toy finally got your bananas. 

If not, they must be going off by now!

• RMweb Premium
11 minutes ago, Michael Hodgson said:

I hope toy finally got your bananas. 

If not, they must be going off by now!

They are said to be on their way!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I also ordered from IRM and mine were dispatched today. Apparently getting across the Irish channel is harder than the French/English one.

Not IRM's fault of course, but I did like the idea of buying directly from them in Euros.

Edited by JSpencer
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

I don't know which route they took but I've had mine in Spain for a month or more.

Mike.

Presumably you ordered them from Accurascale UK? So they had to go through Spanish Customs to be delivered to you?

Personally I prefer to have to wait and not have the hassle of Portuguese Customs, but clearly this has been a problem for Accurascale as the shipp8ng from Ireland option is longer available for British (rather than Irish) outline Accurascale models. I’ve ordered two Mk2Cs from Accurascale UK so am waiting to see how customs clearance works. If it’s a pain I will probably revert to buying from my preferred retailers in the UK or ModelBahn Union in Germany.

• Like 2

Top Banana's in France. I went for the mixed box set to supplement existing vans on my BR stock (or run smaller trains). I did the honor of leaving out the old Dapol BR Banana van type but mixed them with Bachmann ex SR types and other BR types.

Here they are placed next to the loco for a bit of steam heat...

Banana_01.jpg

Banana_02.jpg

Banana_03.jpg

Banana_04.jpg

Banana_05.jpg

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium
15 hours ago, JSpencer said:

Top Banana's in France. I went for the mixed box set to supplement existing vans on my BR stock (or run smaller trains). I did the honor of leaving out the old Dapol BR Banana van type but mixed them with Bachmann ex SR types and other BR types.

Here they are placed next to the loco for a bit of steam heat...

I'm also very pleased with my 3 + 3 and will be retiring a number of Dapol ones they were bought to replace.

• Like 3