SWAG'23. RMweb Members Day.

NHY 581

• RMweb Gold

As well as bringing the Wharf and my little 2mm demo I will also be bring several drawer units from the late Iain Rices collection containing all sorts of bits and pieces such as castings, wheels etc and a few 00 locos. There will also be some books- including a number from Iain’s US collection.

Rob has kindly agreed that this won’t be on the bring and buy stand mainly because listing it all is all but impossible. I will be accepting offers/contributions, a proportion of which will go to the SWAG chosen charity, the rest is going to Iain’s family and Parkinson’s UK.

Looking forward to seeing everyone on Sunday,

cheers Jerry

45820051-8FF4-401A-8F09-7841BA20C216.jpeg.72d2826fb678b7c91d6f2ad686750305.jpeg

• Like 15
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Gold

Afternoon all, 

In addition to the other goodies, John Farmer (Re6/6 hereon) will have a significant quantity of Bill Bedford etched bits and bobs with him for sale. 

I think between everyone, there will be a fair selection of "quality items of distinction" to rummage through. 

Rob. 

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold

I will have a number of items with me - I'm dealing with a poorly friend's stash so feel free to have a look through the small box I'll have next to Lockdown Fen - I'll sort out a donation if I don't end up just giving the stuff away.

I'll have a number of kits and bits on the B&B table as well as some sound fitted locos which I will happily take card payments myself if necessary for with a suitable donation to the SWAG charity pot. On the B&B table I'll also have a number of books including some US interest plus a number of  substantial volumes on the narrow gauge railways of WW1 - all at bargain prices (honest)

Chris Hopper

and - is anyone interested in Railfreight era 00 rolling stock fitted with Kadees?

Edited by Gilbert
  • Like 6

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, Ramblin Rich said:

Yes.....

I'll take a look. I intend to arrive early as I only have the morning to myself

I shall have a sort out - I have far too much stock for Penmaenbach...(I have far too much stock for all my layouts....)

Chris

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

While sorting out "stuff" for Sunday I came across some of 16mm rolling stock which is left from the sale of Gare de Brindille my WDLR  indoor SM32 layout. There  several wagons, some accessories and two sound fitted locos. If there is any interest I'm happy to provide a short list and bring a few items down to Taunton.

Chris Hopper

• RMweb Gold
19 hours ago, NHY 581 said:

Afternoon all, 

In addition to the other goodies, John Farmer (Re6/6 hereon) will have a significant quantity of Bill Bedford etched bits and bobs with him for sale. 

I think between everyone, there will be a fair selection of "quality items of distinction" to rummage through. 

Rob. 

This is what I'll be bringing. Priced at around 40% > 50% of RRP for SWAG attendees!

20230420_115739.jpg.3bef8544914dae372edb74f12d5306ef.jpg

Edited by Re6/6
  • Like 7

• RMweb Gold

I will also have some under the counter US HO rolling stock - all boxed - with me at Lockdown Fen - I suspect interest will be low so I won't trouble the good folks on the B&B but will ensure a donation is made if anything is sold.

Chris Hopper

Edited by Gilbert

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Stubby47 said:

Ballasting has commenced.

20230420_1626192.jpg.8e54d8529db521dccccf26d4f8aa337e.jpg

20230420_1626322.jpg.ddaf82f7a5236dae973d1e8b7d928e23.jpg

So glad you didn't leave this to the last minute. 

• Thanks 1
  • Funny 8

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, Gilbert said:

I will also have some under the counter US HO rolling stock - all boxed - with me at Lockdown Fen 

Chris Hopper

Will you have a selection of watches hanging inside your suit jacket ? Nylons in the suitcase ? 

Edited by NHY 581
  • Funny 6

• RMweb Gold
34 minutes ago, NHY 581 said:

Will you have a selection of watches hanging inside your suit jacket ? Nylons in the suitcase ? 

Did you have to?..now they'll all want one...

• Funny 1

• RMweb Gold

Ahem. 

I am pleased to announce that The Memsahib is preparing to build cake. 

I thank you. 

• Like 7
  • Round of applause 3
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Gold

Adam and I are planning to come to this :)

I seem to remember something about name badges, I was wondering about doing it anyway as sadly I no longer have the cat-eating-pizza-in-space hoodie from my avatar.

• Like 1
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Gold
14 minutes ago, Corbs said:

Adam and I are planning to come to this :)

I seem to remember something about name badges, I was wondering about doing it anyway as sadly I no longer have the cat-eating-pizza-in-space hoodie from my avatar.

Great news, Corbs. Be good to see you. Perhaps a red carnation and a copy of The Times under your right arm ? 

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, NHY 581 said:

Ahem. 

I am pleased to announce that The Memsahib is preparing to build cake. 

I thank you. 

20230421_155809-01.jpeg.034fc804c941e4ef983f64c61563beb4.jpeg

Courgette and Lime Sponge Cake with Lemon Curd. 

• Like 3
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Round of applause 3

• Moderators
1 hour ago, 2ManySpams said:

What gauge?

Those on P4 layouts are expected to scratchbuild their own rather than using ready-to-eat.

• Agree 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 3
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 6

• RMweb Gold
4 minutes ago, AY Mod said:

Those on P4 layouts are expected to scratchbuild their own rather using ready-to-eat.

just to say that I’m very much against linking cakes to the scale you model in! 😊

Jerry

• Funny 10
  • Friendly/supportive 1