Hornby announce TT:120

AY Mod

• RMweb Premium

I only joined on 28th October and had the email about the delays today. I am not worried about when it all arrives. If it is not with me by the end of January I will contact them but not going to chase before then as they have better things to do than answering my email.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
1 minute ago, Peter Kazmierczak said:

I wonder if the packs are being sent out in order of the length of one's surname? And if the name contains a z or two, the wait is even longer...

Good logic, my surname obviously begins with a dubya, so I've a while to wait if that's the case 🤪

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Porfuera said:

Yep - I also received the same email today and I, too, hadn't noticed the "If you have not received the product yet..." link at the bottom.

So I after reading the above I went back to the email and clicked on the link and lo and behold my TT:120 Club magazine dropped onto my doormat a few minutes later. Now that's what I call customer service! 😆

Still no sign of my membership pack (I also joined on the 10th October) , but hey! it is all free and I'm sure there's nothing in it that I really need. Plus the delay must mean that interest is bigger than expected, which must be a good thing, no?

The mag is 30-odd pages and quite small print so it looks like there's lots packed in there. I'm looking forward to reading it later today.

Cheers, Neil.

Snap!

• RMweb Premium
48 minutes ago, Peter Kazmierczak said:

I wonder if the packs are being sent out in order of the length of one's surname? And if the name contains a z or two, the wait is even longer...

I can’t do the Zzs (apart from the usual after lunch Zzzzzz), but I can offer two pairs of repeating letters, and if first names are allowed I can do 2Ks as well.

More serious point relating to the launch of Hornby TT:120:

I’m quite used to delays following product launch announcements, and am also old enough not to worry if a Christmas present arrives in time for Christmas Day or not (I’m working anyway), but the risk to Hornby’s delivery of sets in time for this Christmas that’s been picked up in the past few pages of this thread is a concern.  

In these days of instant feedback and online reviews (see the posts just from today on this thread, for example), if Hornby don’t get their shipment to the North Pole in time for the big man to make his deliveries, I fear we may see the kind of negative response from the families Hornby are looking to draw into the hobby through this release that could put a lot of other potential customers off: when searching for online reviews, it’s easier to spot negative comments than to note the date they were posted - bad news hangs around.

While it’s great to read that Hornby may have had a bigger initial response than anticipated, and I’m happy to wait for my lanyard, in business terms I do think the clock is ticking for the delivery of the sets expected by Christmas, Keith.

Edited by Keith Addenbrooke
  • Like 1
  • Agree 5

Immediately after I  had mentioned the delay email from Hornby on this thread than the Magazine was delivered. I am not that worried about the membership pack so am willing to wait for that.

Read the Magazine over lunch, very good value for £0.

I do take exception to SK's comment in the interview "Look, when you get to a certain age - and there are so many people who agree with me on this - when you get into your fifties let’s say - that’s when your eyesight is going; you have to take your glasses off to put the trains on the track."

Let me put it this way: The Poole Era Farish loco's go on forever and I am still running a Farish J67 that I purchased 50 years ago and ran around my desk at work.

Although I do have a 00-gauge layout "N" remains my scale of choice and having returned from the eye clinic at the hospital on Monday I was assured that I have 5-10 years good vision before I need any clinical intervention.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, Porfuera said:

Maybe this photo bears that out - the pony truck appears to be 'floating' and doesn't seem to have flanges - assuming it isn't photoshopped and/or another scale, although (from what I've read here) the counterweights are incorrect so probably TT:120...

See also @jonnyuk's pictures from Gaydon, posted earlier in the thread:

Edited by Flying Pig

To be honest, I'm more interested in the mag than the pack. 

Have any Johnny foreigners on here received anything yet? I live in France but only placed my 'order' 16/10 so probably shouldn't be getting impatient. I'm guessing the publishers of the mag are UK based? Hoping there's no issue with them delivering abroad.

Hornby sent me an email apologising for the delay in the membership pack deliveries, tho.

• RMweb Premium
23 minutes ago, Grafarman said:

Spoke to Hornby this afternoon asking about The Easterner set and was told that, on their screen, the two main sets are 'due Feb 23'; everything else is after that...

David 

Now we know the meaning of the TT:FN on the Haljan message when they cancelled their involvement in TT.

TT February Next.

Heljan must have already known about the delay in Hornby's plans!

• Funny 3

• RMweb Premium
18 minutes ago, Michanglais said:

Have any Johnny foreigners on here received anything yet? I live in France but only placed my 'order' 16/10 so probably shouldn't be getting impatient. I'm guessing the publishers of the mag are UK based? Hoping there's no issue with them delivering abroad.

Hornby sent me an email apologising for the delay in the membership pack deliveries, tho.

Nothing here in Belgium, apart from the mail this morning. 

If al goes well, I'll pay a visit to Margate on Thursday, before going to London for the Remembrance weekend. I'll write down all of your names, and complain to mr. Hornby in person! 🤪 Anybody knows if there is some TT stock displayed at the visitor centre? Would be nice.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Michanglais said:

To be honest, I'm more interested in the mag than the pack. 

I live in Ireland, joined on the 10th Oct,  nothing since the conformation email when I first sigend up apart from the Hornby email today mentioning the delays due to demand.

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Grafarman said:

Spoke to Hornby this afternoon asking about The Easterner set and was told that, on their screen, the two main sets are 'due Feb 23'; everything else is after that...

David 

I believe Hornby mentioned they had missed the Christmas deadline a few weeks ago just after launch.

2 hours ago, MyRule1 said:

I do take exception to SK's comment in the interview "Look, when you get to a certain age - and there are so many people who agree with me on this - when you get into your fifties let’s say - that’s when your eyesight is going; you have to take your glasses off to put the trains on the track."

So SK is suggesting that eyesight deteriorates with age. How dare he! He even suggests there are so many people who agree with (him) on this! Who can that be?

• RMweb Premium
1 minute ago, boxbrownie said:

I believe Hornby mentioned they had missed the Christmas deadline a few weeks ago just after launch.

Indeed... however, the operator at Hornby - on the dedicated TT line - said no-one should know about the delay yet as they - meaning themself - hadn't been notified officially and this was the first they'd become aware of it...

David 

• Funny 2

3 hours ago, Keith Addenbrooke said:

In these days of instant feedback and online reviews (see the posts just from today on this thread, for example), if Hornby don’t get their shipment to the North Pole in time for the big man to make his deliveries, I fear we may see the kind of negative response from the families Hornby are looking to draw into the hobby through this release that could put a lot of other potential customers off: when searching for online reviews, it’s easier to spot negative comments than to note the date they were posted - bad news hangs around.

I agree. I decided to bite the bullet today and order the blue Class 08 and the three TTAs for it to push around. I can't exactly remember the delivery dates but they were something like winter 22/23 for the Class 08 (so now at least Feb next year I guess) and I think it was summer for the TTAs (slightly disappointing).

I would have preferred the 21T minerals to the TTAs but these were not even available to preorder - they were only available to wishlist and to receive an email notification when they're in stock. However maybe I was late to the party and the initial allocation of the 21T minerals has sold out already.

I keep telling myself that there is no rush as I don't actually have anywhere to run them and that these dates are probably fairly short compared to some development/marketing/release cycles that have happened in the past.

But then I'm probably not the target audience for these products and anyone hoping to buy something for a Christmas present will be disappointed and sales will almost certainly be lost.

• RMweb Premium
22 minutes ago, Grafarman said:

Indeed... however, the operator at Hornby - on the dedicated TT line - said no-one should know about the delay yet as they - meaning themself - hadn't been notified officially and this was the first they'd become aware of it...

David 

Details, details, details……😁

• Like 1
  • Funny 1