OO or TT range.......

• RMweb Premium
On 14/10/2022 at 14:24, McC said:

im not sure the target demographic actually watches TV any more. The viewership figures for that series was roughly the same as a better Sam’s trains video. 

I find it quite interesting to look at viewing figures for some of the network news shows and legacy TV channels and then compare with some of the popular alternative creators on platforms like YouTube. The media landscape has changed so much, I never watch broadcast TV and haven't done for a long time, and most of the online content I watch is from alternative creators. 

• Agree 2

• RMweb Premium

On TT, to me the sensible thing for AS and indeed anyone else to do is let Hornby be the first penguin in the water to take the risk. If the scale finds a good market then others can join the party later knowing there's a market to exploit.

• Agree 3
  • Round of applause 2

• RMweb Gold
On 14/10/2022 at 08:25, MyRule1 said:

As Accurascale have made their point in this thread regarding the subject and it is now turning into a clone of other TT:120 threads has the time come for this one to be locked?

Indeed, we now have two near identical discussions going on under manufacturers that are not doing TT.

Time to shut them both in my opinion and let those wishing to discuss TT do it where somebody is actually making something. 

Roy

• Agree 12

On 12/10/2022 at 20:35, andythenorth said:

Was there an actual question?  🙃

My understanding is that AS do not see the case for TT:120 currently, and have plenty of worthwhile things to do in OO.  I might be wrong, but eh.

I'm buying into TT:120 personally, but does it need to be re-debated in new threads for every manufacturer? 

The point actually was, after seeing the Facebook comment from Accurascale, to basically ask the question, in order to reaffirm the A/S view.  Personally I believe that the future remains firmly in OO too, and glad most responses also corroborate this. 

Price isn't really going to be too different to those charged for OO (possibly more Hornby £220 for a loco, A/S £169.99), plus significantly more detail in OO from the likes of A/S which I expect would have to be cut down slightly for TT (we even had people moaning about Class 37 handrails coming from the cab door rather than the sides in OO). That's why I then said, the only real flaw in OO is the mainstream HO track......unless you go kit building or Legacy from DCC concepts - tricky but IMHO Accuratrak would definitely seal the deal in OO, for anyone tempted to look towards TT. 

TT only offers a little less detail for those in OO, hence I said a few people may do it if they change scale or are serial layout builders who go from 1 thing to another.   It could possibly attract some from N. As stated, I think TT is building a door for Hornby, but to be fair, with the start off range, I think the starting range is pretty comprehensive - yes it's based on their model range in OO, although the 66 is new, as in OO its ex-lima. 

• RMweb Gold
6 minutes ago, Torbay Express said:

I think TT is building a door for Hornby

Possibly true, or if the gamble fails, a trap door to fall through!

Either way, we wait and observe with interest.

• AY Mod locked this topic