Hornby - Warley Model Railway Exhibition Special announcement 26.11.22

RyanN91

13 hours ago, surfsup said:

Is that... ducks for cover... a long awaited increase in Quality Control... 

You mean like the Hornby Dublo standard 4 tank of the 50s? 100,000 made. Returns to the factory? 8. Probably a few minor issues that got dealt with by the retailers though.

They could also hire someone who knows how to correctly design a gear train without floppy, draggy bearings that wear out rapidly. Oh, and use motors that don't sound like a washing machine with gravel in it.

• Agree 1

A new track system for OO, the 2K system.

Code 75 rails on a grey "ballast effect" trackbase, designed to work with post 2000 Hornby trains.  Starting with 1st radius plus new 5th and 6th radii curves, it captures the "finescale" and retro-look markets...

🤪🤪🤪

• Like 1

A return of the Triang brand with a value Princess, a Jinty , and a dock shunter, plus the return of the whole Transcontinental range including the Budd Railcar.  And of course the Giraffe and Rocket cars, along with the whole Battle Space range.

Gets my vote!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

28 minutes ago, Hroth said:

Code 75 rails on a grey "ballast effect" trackbase, designed to work with post 2000 Hornby trains.  Starting with 1st radius plus new 5th and 6th radii curves, it captures the "finescale" and retro-look markets...

🤪🤪🤪

Would probably be called the 5K system with a stylised 5 to link it to the marketing source. 

Edited by Mike Harvey
  • Funny 3

20 hours ago, The Stationmaster said:

Well I think a fair bet would be either an 0-10-0 Lickey banker, or an NER coal hopper wagon, or a retooled GW48XX/14XX, or Class 89

Hmmm... let ius review...

0-10-0 Lickey banker, --> seeing the alternative, I would definitely buy Hornby IF model shops get their allocation

NER coal hopper wagon --> I cannot justify these down south (yet) but I prefer the ones already on their way

a retooled GW48XX/14XX --> Rapido please!

Class 89 --> I definitely feel A LOT more confident with the alternative, with whom I placed an order 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Hroth said:

🤪🤪🤪

A Kato-like track system for OO would probably be a big seller.  So, far too sensible for Hornby.

Maybe a LOL Surprise* themed viaduct with clothes and coffee shops under the arches?

*Googling is allowed if you don't have young daughters

Edited by rogerzilla
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
21 hours ago, daltonparva said:

It says "experience something special", I wouldn't think a new model fits that statement. Maybe it's something interactive or computery that an old fogey like me hasn't got a clue about, like these headset/goggly things that send you into a different universe.

I achieve that by reading some of the comments on RMW and mixing my Meds with 5X Brandy.

• Funny 4

• RMweb Gold
6 hours ago, andythenorth said:

Heavy trains designed to run slowly on carpet?

Nah it’d infringe the license they’ve already had their fingers slapped for  😉

Edited by PaulRhB
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Bilbo said:

O/16.5 you heard it here first. They can't do OO9 as Bachmann et al have cornered that market.

OO/TT:120  surely..

8 minutes ago, TheQ said:

OO/TT:120  surely..

I thought the expression was OO12 or OO-12?  

OO scale on 12mm gauge = 3' narrow gauge.

If Hornby jumped up to O-12, that would give O scale on 12mm track = 1' 8.6"* narrow gauge...

* Approx...

Edited by Hroth
clarification

1 hour ago, rogerzilla said:

A Kato-like track system for OO would probably be a big seller.  So, far too sensible for Hornby.

Maybe a LOL Surprise* themed viaduct with clothes and coffee shops under the arches?

*Googling is allowed if you don't have young daughters

My daughter always wants to put LOL Suprise little sisters and pets in my open wagons!

• RMweb Gold

OOPS - sorry, we should have said TT3🇬🇧

PS Owing to industrial inaction on the part of various railway industry trade union folk I am going to the Warley show on Sunday.  So looking on the bright, and having no doubt that RMweb will fully report the various releases, announcements, appearances, and so on which take place on the Saturday, I'll at least know where not to waste my time on the following day. Result😄

Edited by The Stationmaster
  • Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Round of applause 2
  • Funny 4