Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Hornby - Warley Model Railway Exhibition Special announcement 26.11.22

RyanN91

On 21/11/2022 at 14:42, gc4946 said:

They'll announce a new model available simultaneously in OO and TT 

One model, with adjustable wheels, in a box red on one side and yellow on the other ?

Brit15

• Funny 3

Would second the LNER E4 suggestion, or a J69 please. What’s most likely? Probably an announcement of a re-tooled 50 as suggested up thread, and they’re announcing now as AS’s has broken cover. Looking forward to finding out! 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Mallard60022 said:

For the unfortunates that see the Industrial Inaction as a 'challenge', how about those new fangled things called Buses or them Charabancs

They are not going to be able to carry all the extra people, that would've gone by train.

National Express sold out of their usable London to Birmingham services days back and the X1 from Brum to NEC to Coventry will, I Imagine, be packed like sardines.

• Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Mallard60022 said:

For the unfortunates that see the Industrial Inaction as a 'challenge', how about those new fangled things called Buses or them Charabancs to go longer distances. Some even have Bogs.

There could even be a 'Hitch a Lift Please' Thread, where people talk to each other electronically and arrange shared Transport; that would be a thing wouldn't it? Never done that in the old days did us boys and gals, eh?

H.I. Sterical.

Depends on the location of one's abode dear Ducky.  It would take me two bus rides - which don't make proper connections with each other - yo get to somewhere where I could board a 'bus to Brum at which place I would needto get to a railway station in order to catch a train to the NEC.  Setting out on Saturday morning I'd priably get there in time for the last half hour or so of the show that day.  Sunday morning I have, remarkably considering that I live at the end of a branch line, an hourly train service giving a 2h 07 min journey time with two intermediate changes of train.

2 hours ago, APOLLO said:

One model, with adjustable wheels, in a box red on one side and yellow on the other ?

Brit15

Oh, you mean like a GWR Broad Gauge - Standard Gauge Convertible?

1 hour ago, The Stationmaster said:

Precisely -  probably because they aren't strictly limited to GWR items only. 😇

Funny you should say that....  🤪

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
33 minutes ago, NCB said:

American TT.

One would hope not, given what happened to Berliner-Bahnen when they tried it.

Except for the word "experience", I'd have thought that it would be something to do with TT:120 or Flying Scotsman, or both… I think it's either the loyalty scheme, or the return of live steam, or — more likely — something to do with virtual reality; SK was seen looking at it in the last Hornby: A Model World series …

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
14 minutes ago, D9020 Nimbus said:

One would hope not, given what happened to Berliner-Bahnen when they tried it.

Except for the word "experience", I'd have thought that it would be something to do with TT:120 or Flying Scotsman, or both… I think it's either the loyalty scheme, or the return of live steam, or — more likely — something to do with virtual reality; SK was seen looking at it in the last Hornby: A Model World series …

Hornby quality wouldn't be another BB. Americans have space problems too.

• Agree 1

I have heard that for the "something special,  they have hired Yennifer of Vengerberg to fill the entire hall with a bona weed type smoke.

Under her magic charm, all visitors and other exhibiters will be briefly zombified and start walking to the Hornby stand at a slow pace with their arms out stretched saying in haunting way the words "TT..... TT..... TT....".

Each will then buy a TT train set, join the TT club and hobbies rewards before making their way back out of the show going home.

The mass conversion will then be complete as they destroy their existing OO, N, O whatever layout and stock and start again. 

• Funny 8

• RMweb Gold
12 hours ago, Mallard60022 said:

For the unfortunates that see the Industrial Inaction as a 'challenge', how about those new fangled things called Buses or them Charabancs to go longer distances. Some even have Bogs.

Checked those out, there's only one that would get me there before Saturday afternoon. It leaves our nearest coach station at 23.50 on Friday night and drops me off in Birmingham some time after 3am. The return trip is similar, dropping me off about 20 miles from home with the first available connection enabling me to get home around 8.45am on Sunday.

Normal train journey time home station to Birmingham International is sub 3 hours, in fact I think the fastest connection is 2 hours 25 minutes. In good old BR days I could commute to our office in central Birmingham in two hours door to door, having breakfast on the train and reading up on the work for the day ahead at the same time. Meeting minutes and briefing notes for office circulation were prepared on the train home.

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium
18 hours ago, PaulRhB said:

And is it just me enjoying the banner in the Hornby section? 😆

7A1F52A9-CD4D-4B62-99C7-3DBD8D213B5D.jpeg.24e1270e17ff85536e7a12c29b04ea80.jpeg

Don't think they'll loose much sleep over it, seeing the succes their own 'Generic Lion' has.

• Agree 2
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
8 minutes ago, Dunsignalling said:

Sold out already, are they?

not sold out with Hornby i believe (but retailers don't have many left), it's had got good reviews with very little bad said about it, its a good loco, for Hornby i suspect thats a win

• RMweb Premium
15 hours ago, JSpencer said:

I have heard that for the "something special,  they have hired Yennifer of Vengerberg to fill the entire hall with a bona weed type smoke.

Under her magic charm, all visitors and other exhibiters will be briefly zombified and start walking to the Hornby stand at a slow pace with their arms out stretched saying in haunting way the words "TT..... TT..... TT....".

Each will then buy a TT train set, join the TT club and hobbies rewards before making their way back out of the show going home.

The mass conversion will then be complete as they destroy their existing OO, N, O whatever layout and stock and start again. 

is each person going to issued with a bag of oats while they convert from 7ft  16.5mm to 4ft8 1/2 12mm?

That'd be a good a good promo.. a box of Scotts porridge oats with each TT:120 set..

Edited by TheQ
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Gold
5 hours ago, Johan DC said:

Don't think they'll lose much sleep over it, seeing the succes their own 'Generic Lion' has.

No I doubt it, I would think they are rubbing their hands in glee. 
New brand ambassador?

E49911B8-E21D-4132-BAFB-D8E0A9F457ED.jpeg.d86c5207fe6d045b8957fa120c65bc93.jpeg
wikipedia commons

Edited by PaulRhB
  • Like 2
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 1