Class 50, By Accurascale

• RMweb Gold
11 hours ago, nightstar.train said:

Will the red and gold pseudo LMS Coronation livery ever be made? It might be like the purple deltic, some people hate it but enough people love it to sell out easily. Would make a great exclusive. 

Hi Tom,

We may have been having a most epic internal argument about the viability of doing it. Some are for, some are not sure. We'll see where we end up with it!

If more people lend a voice to the "for" cause here then it might help win the argument.... 

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 5
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

I don't like the LMS liveried 50017 but I'm sure as an exclusive in a maroon and gold box it will sell like the much derided purple Deltic (but please please please do 55016 in blue in the 3rd run (or even green) don't give it a third purple release) it's not for me but I'm sure the fans will come crawling out if you did it

I’d love models of the last 50s I saw in active service at St. Davids:

D400

50003, 50029 and 50033 revised NSE

50031 Large logo

One of my retirement pipe dreams (5 years, 9 months and 28 days- not that I’m counting) is to make a model of St Davids shed on that day when I saw the 50s for the last time.

I very nearly bought the Hornby version of 033, glad I held off.

I thought 50017 looked awful. I used to see her at Tyseley. However, put me down for one! 🤣

Edited by 50025
More info
  • Like 1
  • Funny 2

15 hours ago, nightstar.train said:

Will the red and gold pseudo LMS Coronation livery ever be made? It might be like the purple deltic, some people hate it but enough people love it to sell out easily. Would make a great exclusive. 

Do they ? Anecdotal ..

Edited by rob D2

3 hours ago, 50025 said:

I’d love models of the last 50s I saw in active service at St. Davids:

D400

50003, 50029 and 50033 revised NSE

50031 Large logo

One of my retirement pipe dreams (5 years, 9 months and 28 days- not that I’m counting) is to make a model of St Davids shed on that day when I saw the 50s for the last time.

I very nearly bought the Hornby version of 033, glad I held off.

I thought 50017 looked awful. I used to see her at Tyseley. However, put me down for one! 🤣

50031 in large logo would be a good and versatile choice. No cantrail in original operations so could suit 80s and early 90s modellers (maybe with an optional nse decal for the headboard, or just as easily removed with thinners). Having the emblem too makes it a cut above a 'vanilla' 50

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
Posted (edited)

I’ll probably be in a very small minority in this one but…

50033 as it was at the end of the SVR 50’s at 60 gala in 2018… with all the marker pen comments as donated by passengers on it.

IMG_8958.jpeg.b5deb956f661a411b6d0d98599807188.jpegIMG_8959.jpeg.92082f41cc4eb745bb3a9d9b1cd32172.jpeg

sorry @bucoops i saw you posted it.

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 5

NSE liveried 50s

50001 Light revised Feb 88

50002 Original Feb 87 (higher white strip and blue around cab door windows), Dark revised Nov 89

50003 Light revised Mar 88

50005 Light revised Oct 87, Dark revised Oct 90

50009 Dark revised Nov 89

50016 Dark revised Mar 90

50017 Original June 86, Light revised Feb 88, Dark revised Jul 90

50018 Original Jan 87, Light revised June 89

50019 Original Aug 86 until Mar 89

50023 Original June 86, Dark revised Aug 89

50024 Light revised Jan 88, Dark revised Sep 90

50025 Original Mar 87

50026 Original Sep 86

50027 Light revised Jan 88, Dark revised Nov 90

50028 Light revised Sep 87

50029 Original June 87, Dark revised Feb 90

50030 Light revised Dec 87

50032 Original Oct 86

50033 Dark revised Mar 90

50034 Original Oct 86, Dark revised Oct 89

50035 Original July 86, Dark revised Nov 89

50037 Original Oct 86 (higher white strip and blue around cab door windows) until Mar 90, Dark revised June 90

50041 Light revised June 88

50043 Light revised Oct 87, Dark revised Sep 89

50044 Original Nov 86 (higher white strip and blue around cab door windows), Light revised Aug 87

50045 Dark revised Aug 89

50048 Original Mar 87 (higher white strip and blue around cab door windows), Light revised Feb 88, Dark revised Nov 89

50049 Light revised Mar 89

50050 Light revised August 87 until May 91

Edited by Flood
50030 corrected
  • Like 4
  • Informative/Useful 4

1 hour ago, Flood said:

50018 Original Jan 87, Light revised June 89

Thanks Flood..........Reso, Light revised with ploughs please from those final months, she was a monster 😎

6 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi Tom,

We may have been having a most epic internal argument about the viability of doing it. Some are for, some are not sure. We'll see where we end up with it!

If more people lend a voice to the "for" cause here then it might help win the argument.... 

Cheers!

Fran 

Yes please Fran. Do it!

• Agree 3
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, rob D2 said:

Do they ? Anecdotal ..

I’m just going by the purple deltic. It is much hated and there are many many negative comments about it over on the deltic thread. However it sold out very fast and sold so well it’s the only loco that Accurascale have (so far) ever made an exact re-release of. I get a similar feeling for the sentiment around 50017. It’s a marmite loco, strong feelings either for or against, not so much in the middle ground. 

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, rob D2 said:

Do they ? Anecdotal ..

Far from anecdotal, look at the way it sold out (fact) but, at the same time, was hated by many, me included. 

Roy

9 hours ago, BR Blue said:

I would be wary of doing the 50 in LMS Coronation livery, it is probably a war crime.

I came round to the idea of Elgar, IC swallow and two tone green, but no, just no with this one!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

I'd love to see 50017 in LMS Coronation - after all, it really did happen!

Others oddballs of interest, in order of preference:

50032 'Courageous' in NSE with dark blue nameplate

50044 (D444) 'Exeter' in two tone green, with black side lamp surround

50037 'Illustrious' in Departmental Blue (to complement 50019 and 50008)

50135 (50035) 'Ark Royal' in Load Haul

Not so sure of the Intercity 50 but it might be rude not to...

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
11 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi Tom,

Cheers!

Fran 

Being a harden LMS modeller. I’d be interested in how big a discount you would apply to get rid of them. 

2 for the price of one would compensate for time taken to do a full repaint. 

• RMweb Premium
12 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi Tom,

Cheers!

Fran 

The question is what would Sir William Stanier do and think about this,i guess he would approve.has to be a winner as he liked the colours,you know it makes sence.

• Like 1

Hi all, first post here.......

I'm hoping for the revised darker NSE livery, and if I'm allowed to be really picky, one with the 'West of England' logo next to the 'Network SouthEast' which was carried by the likes (if memory serves) of 50002, 5, 9, 17, 24, 29, 45, 48 and maybe a few others- can't remember if 37 or 43 also carried it although they were in the darker blue (of course 27 and 35 were also in the darker blue but they didn't carry it)

As a 10 year old back in the second half of 1990 and into 1991 I spent a lot of time at Exeter St Davids watching them- my parents had moved into a house along Bonhay Road right next to the bank up to Exeter Central so they could be heard at their best, and back then the bank was clear enough of vegetation to be able to see the train- no chance of that now! The darker revised NSE 50's were my favourite so that's what I'm hoping for, I know that Hornby did cover this livery but unfortunately they got the size of the bodyside number wrong, it was oversized and therefore put me off buying one- I'm sure that Accurascale will have it spot on!

Paul

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

4 hours ago, Roy Langridge said:

Far from anecdotal, look at the way it sold out (fact) but, at the same time, was hated by many, me included. 

Roy

You mean the purple deltic ?

A purple deltic isn’t a brown 50 ?

Was some of the deltic appeal its celebrated work on scheduled cross countries in the 1999 era ? Did the 50 have such exposure 

6 hours ago, Iron Horse said:

Thanks Flood..........Reso, Light revised with ploughs please from those final months, she was a monster 😎

Resolution was always recognisable from other similar liveried 50's due to (for some reason) the bodyside number being applied higher up the body compared to all of the others. Pretty sure as a pre-teenager I got haulage behind it up the bank from Exeter St Davids to Central, I only wish that I'd been able to record/ photograph the experience with a modern phone, unfortunately it only exists as a memory- although luckily there are good videos of it on the likes of YouTube which capture the essence.

For all of you who appreciate no. 18, here's something for you to enjoy:

Feniton 3 April 1991 (exactly 33 years ago 😲)

50018Feniton3April1991.jpg.07ce4d3a851f609302e55321e3eafa25.jpg

Edited by Flood
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Round of applause 1

16 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi Tom,

Cheers!

Fran 

I for one would definitely have one. Hopefully, LoadHaul and Intercity are in the next release.

• Like 1