Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Current Situation with Deliveries

Widnes Model Centre

• RMweb Premium
40 minutes ago, melmerby said:

Edinburgh seems to be badly affected.

Yes indeed.   A Royal Mail tracked 48 sent to me from Kent last Thursday gets scanned daily in Edinburgh, still hasn't arrived here.

One parcel sent by DHL and one by Yodel each arrived here the following day.

Christmas cards are arriving here daily but never the long awaited parcels.   I am awaiting several eBay purchases from Royal Mail and Evri from earlier this month.   Have had no Evri deliveries since last month and the only Royal Mail parcel so far this month arrived on 5th December - one which had already been refunded by eBay and for which I then had to resend payment to the seller.

Edited by cessna152towser
  • Friendly/supportive 1

On 20/12/2022 at 15:59, 6990WitherslackHall said:

I've got two things that I've ordered still to come yet. 

Gaugemaster Tarmac road sheets from Hattons. 

Silver Tay Models Black SLS headboard - ordered off eBay. 

Last I heard of the headboard was that it was being posted: and that was 9 days ago. 

On the plus side, the new etched smokebox numberplate and shedcode plates for 51218 and a new loco for the layout arrived safely yesterday. 

Headboard arrived today

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

The tracked 24 parcel that is late coming from Edinburgh has suddenly appeared at Birmingham Mail Centre, where it has been scanned 5 times! (Must be on a bonus for the number of scanned items😆)

So provided they send it to Moseley DO )who serve all the B postal codes in N Worcestershire) in time, it could be here tomorrow.

One from Aberdeen tracked 48 won't arrive until after Christmas but was only ordered Monday, so not really expected.

Edited by melmerby
  • Like 2

On 19/12/2022 at 08:30, Bucoops said:

RM may be prioritising parcels but they still managed to deliver the letters from the council fining us for taking little madam out of school for a holiday 🤣 still £120 to save over £2k is a bargain.

our council hand deliver those type of letters!

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
On 20/12/2022 at 11:48, melmerby said:

Royal Mail are just the same. Item goes in porch and they leave, this is the normal and has been sice the pandemic. If the bell gets rung it's a bonus.

Pre pandemic, it wasn't unusual for the postie to try again later if I wasn't in on first attempt.

Our RM parcels guy (parcels and letters seem to be done separately here) regularly asks for a signature for things - using one of those hand-held gizmos on which it's impossible to do anything more than a squiggle.

On 21/12/2022 at 15:49, Bucoops said:

I posted a parcel for work on the 15th by Evri - took it to the local collection point.

The recipient asked where it was today. The tracking says it's not even been collected from where I dropped it off yet.

When branded as Hermes, I had a booked collection for Monday, local courier phoned and collected on Sunday, day earlier, then the parcel did not enter the tracking system for 6 days. 

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
21 hours ago, melmerby said:

The tracked 24 parcel that is late coming from Edinburgh has suddenly appeared at Birmingham Mail Centre, where it has been scanned 5 times! (Must be on a bonus for the number of scanned items😆)

So provided they send it to Moseley DO )who serve all the B postal codes in N Worcestershire) in time, it could be here tomorrow.

Duly delivered. (6 days for Tracked 24), that's 24hours less than 7 days for Tracked 48, also from Edinburgh.🙂

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

My last order for the year was paid for on 10th December, then I abandoned unless one of  my "Holy Grail" items appears for a reasonable price.

That order arrived by RM this morning.  A bonus as Ebay had forecast 28 Dec, which given strikes and Bank Holidays is the next day we expect a delivery.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
On 21/12/2022 at 16:19, cessna152towser said:

Christmas cards are arriving here daily but never the long awaited parcels.   I am awaiting several eBay purchases from Royal Mail and Evri from earlier this month.

Couriers have been catching up here today.   Regular postie came with Christmas cards, then Evri courier with 2 eBay purchases, then a lady postie with 3 parcels, including one sent on 12th December and my RM48 which was sent on Thursday 15th and had been sat in Edinburgh.    

Edited by cessna152towser

• RMweb Premium

A couple of cards turned up three weeks late this morning along with some 3D printed bits I ordered ten days ago but now no post until Wednesday!!!

Anyone using Evri, be advised they have six week backlogs at some of their hubs and multiple reports of packages going completely missing or turning up opened with expensive contents removed.  Lot of nicking going on with some parcels even turning up on Ebay as "unclaimed returns" aka stolen goods.

Edited by John M Upton

How about this one?

20/12 - Tuesday, middle of the afternoon, I ordered some transfers from Fox. A reasonable order, around £30, so a chance some were out of stock, but no worry on my part; Xmas this weekend, and PO strikes on Fri/St.

Today, Thurs 22nd, I got a despatch email from Fox at around 0830. So a mental note that rhe order would start moving today, then 2 days of strike, 2 days of Xmas, so probably middle of next week before delivery.

Wrong! Postie delivered the order at around 1030.

Well done to all of them, thanks.

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Won a loco on ebay the other day. Seller said that he would post it on Wednesday but had no idea as to when it would reach me. Posted RM 48 hour tracked and it arrived within 24 hours. 

Our local postie is pretty good but how it got to him was also impressive.

Bernard

• Like 5

31 minutes ago, Bernard Lamb said:

Won a loco on ebay the other day. Seller said that he would post it on Wednesday but had no idea as to when it would reach me. Posted RM 48 hour tracked and it arrived within 24 hours. 

Our local postie is pretty good but how it got to him was also impressive.

Bernard

Bernard

It might be because it was tracked ?

43 minutes ago, hayfield said:

Bernard

"tracked" makes no difference, it is not mandatory for RM to scan them in or at any point on their journey depsite the name, and they just go into a big pile like eveyrthing else. Only Special Delivery gets any kind of special treatment.

Last week I got a Parcel Force item delivered same day - from my work address to eBay global shipping warehouse which I thought was mightily impressive. Of course eBay's place sat on it for 3 days before forwarding on...

Put an order in to Fox for some paint and transfers late Monday night.

Tuesday 9:00 am. Email from Fox and DHL "awaiting collection".

Wednesday 8:30 am. Email from DHL. "Your package has been delayed to next working day".

Wednesday 9:00 am. Email from Fox.  "Your order has shipped".

Wednesday 14:00 am. Email from DHL. "We have your Parcel".

Thursday 8:00 am. Email from DHL. "We're on our way. Delivery today between 12:33 and 13:33".

Thursday 12:38 pm. Email from DHL. "Your parcel is delivered".

...   and so it was. Not bad all things considered. Apparently, due to the 24 hour delay, I could claim a 10% compensation fee redeemable against any future packages I send.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, hayfield said:

Bernard

John,

I had heard that 24 and 48 hour tracked delivery had been suspended.

So had the sender which is why he mentioned about the uncertainty of the arrival date.

48 hour service was paid for but they actually achieved much better than that.

Bernard

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I purchased a pack of small parts from Ebay in mid-November but it never arrived. The seller asked me to wait a few days, but to no avail so then kindly sent me a replacement which arrived in a couple of days. 

Today the original package, postmarked 14-11-22 with a first-class stamp, popped through my letterbox. No idea where it's been these last 6 weeks. Will be sending it back to the seller so they're not out of pocket. 

Edited by RFS

The Royal Mail stories on here show just how varied experiences are. Our local delivery office informed callers last week that they would sort and deliver no more letters before Christmas, and concentrate only on tracked parcels. So no chance whatsoever of any of the missing cards etc turning up. Yet others have continued to receive letter post up to yesterday!

• RMweb Gold
8 hours ago, andyman7 said:

The Royal Mail stories on here show just how varied experiences are. Our local delivery office informed callers last week that they would sort and deliver no more letters before Christmas, and concentrate only on tracked parcels. So no chance whatsoever of any of the missing cards etc turning up. Yet others have continued to receive letter post up to yesterday!

I suspect we have the same situation. I know yesterday and today are strike days but we've not seen our postie since Monday.