Current Situation with Deliveries

Widnes Model Centre

Hopefully Andy or Phil will place this in the correct Forum.

One of our suppliers has informed us that some of the Couriers are unable to collect from our suppliers due to over capacity. This has been explained that due to national strike action with Royal Mail, Parcelforce etc, suppliers are switching to other couriers who are unable to take on the extra work and deal with it within their usual timelines . This appears to be effecting many suppliers, with the knock on effect of retailers being unable to Despatch until they receive supplies.

Currently there are delays of at least 48-72 hours. If you have that all important  item on route and are anxiously watching and waiting please be aware of the above.

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Friendly/supportive 4

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Widnes Model Centre said:

If you have that all important  item on route and are anxiously watching and waiting please be aware of the above.

DPD seem to have dropped next-day deliveries in several areas.

Areas which have a one-day delay in deliveries
Avon: BA1-2, BS0-10, BS13-16, BS30-32, BS36-37, BS39-41, BS49, BS80, BS98-99, GL9
Berwickshire: TD2-4, TD10-14
Cheshire: CH1-3, CH70, CH88, CW1-12, CW98, M33, SK1-12, SK14-16, WA1-4, WA6-8, WA13-16, WA5 0-9, WA88
Cleveland: TS21-22, TS24-27
County Durham: DH1-3, DH6-9, DH97-99, DL16-17, SR7-8, TS28-29
Cumbria: CA1-4, CA7-15, CA18-28, CA5 6-CA57, CA6 4-CA6 6, CA95, CA99
Derbyshire: DE4-6, DE45, DE55-56, S18-45, S49, SK13, SK17, SK22-23
Dumfriesshire: DG1-4, DG10-14, DG16
Dunbartonshire: G81-84
East Lothian: EH31-36, EH39-42
Fife: KY3-6, KY11-12, KY99
Gwent: NP10-13, NP15, NP18, NP20, NP22, NP24, NP44
Kirkcudbrightshire: DG5-7
Lanarkshire: G5, G11-15, G23, G51, G60-66, G70-71
Lancashire: BB4-12, BB18, BB94, BL0-4, BL7-9, BL11, BL78, FY0-8, L39-40, LA1-2, M2, M4, M6-9, M1 1-M1 7, M17-20, M22-23, M25-26, M28-31, M34-35, M38, M40-41, M43-46, M50, M5 0, M5 3-M5 5, M61, M90, M99, M11 0-M11 4, M16 0, M16 6-M16 9, M21 0, M21 3, M21 7-M21 9, M24 0-M24 2, M24 4-M24 6, M27 0, M27 4-M27 6, M27 8-M27 9, M32 0, M32 2, M32 8-M32 9, M60 0-M60 4, M60 6-M60 9, OL1-16, OL95, RP0-4, PR2 6, PR5 0, PR5 4-PR5 6, PR5 8-PR5 9, PR11, PR26, WN1-8
Lincolnshire: DN21, LN1-13, NG31-32, PE11, PE20-25 1
Merseyside: CH25-34, CH41-49, CH60-66, L1-37, L67, L69, L71-75, L80, L38 0-L38 1, L38 3-L38 9, L68 0, L70 1-L70 2, L70 8-L70 9, PR8-9, WA9-12
Mid Glamorgan: CF45-46, CF81-83
Midlothian: EH1-2, EH4-28, EH3 1, EH3 5-9, EH77, EH91, EH95, EH99
North Yorkshire: DL6-8, HG1-5, LS24, YO1, YO7-8, YO10-13, YO17-19, YO21-24, YO26, YO30-32, YO51, YO60-62, YO90-91
Northumberland: NE22-24, NE41-49, NE61-71, TD15
Nottinghamshire: DN22, NG1-9, NG13-25, NG70, NG80, NG90, S80-81 1
Peeblesshire: EH43-46 1
Powys: NP8 1
Roxburghshire: TD5-6, TD8-9 1
Selkirkshire: TD1, TD7 1
Shropshire: SY1-5, SY13-14, SY99 1
Somerset: BA11, BA32-35, BA39 1
South Glamorgan: CF3, CF5, CF10-11, CF15, CF23, CF30, CF63-64, CF91, CF95, CF99
South Humberside: DN15-20, DN31-41 1
South Yorkshire: DN9, S21, S70-72, S75 1
Staffordshire: ST1-21, ST55 1
Tyne And Wear: DH4-5, NE1-13, NE15-21, NE25-40, NE82-83, NE85, NE88, NE92, NE98-99, SR1-6, SR9, SR43 2-SR43 4 1
West Lothian: EH29-30, EH52-53 1
West Yorkshire: HD1-6, HD7 4-HD7 6, HD7 9, HD8-9, HX1-7, LS10-23, LS1-9, LS25-29, LS88 1, LS88 8, LS98-99, WF1-14, WF16-17, WF90 1
Wigtownshire: DG8-DG9 1
Wiltshire: BA12-15, SN11-15 1
West Lothian: EH29-30, EH52-53 1
West Yorkshire: HD1-6, HD7 4-HD7 6, HD7 9, HD8-9, HX1-7, LS10-23, LS1-9, LS25-29, LS88 1, LS88 8, LS98-99, WF1-14, WF16-17, WF90 1
Wigtownshire: DG8-DG9 1
Wiltshire: BA12-15, SN11-15

Areas which have a two day delay in deliveries
Aberdeenshire: AB32-36, AB54
Avon: BS11, BS20-21, BS34
Banffshire: AB37-38, AB55
Gloucestershire: GL4-7, GL54
Gwent: NP4, NP7, NP16, NP19, NP23, NP25-26
South Glamorgan: CF14, CF24

Areas which have a three day delay in deliveries
Fife: KY1-2, KY7

• Informative/Useful 3

• RMweb Gold

DPD Local are definitely struggling - my 1 hour time slot to be delivered to work was 7-8pm which was utterly useless. Normal DPD (not really sure what the difference is) is still managing during the working day here.

Yodel last week weren't delivering until gone 6pm either thinking about it. Got lucky with that as someone was working late.

Edited by Bucoops

I’ve experienced these delays firsthand myself with my latest acquisition from Scograil of Ipswich,a tourist class 218 ( Roco 70758) which was paid for at Warley on Saturday 26th, to be dispatched from the shop the following week. I duly received a message from Scograil saying that it was being dispatched by Royalmail tracked24 ,which according to the tracker on the Royal Mail app arrived at Chelmsford sorting office on the evening of Tuesday 29th. It has remained  there since then with no onward movement evident. I contacted Scograil on Monday 5th December. They investigated and were told it was probably caught in a log jam. I investigated myself a couple of days later (7/12) and was told the same by Royal Mail. I then received another call from Scograil on Friday 9th as to whether I had received the model (no) as he had acquired another example. This one was dispatched via Parcelforce and arrived yesterday ,having taken three days with full tracking throughout. Excellent service from Scograil in sending me out the second example. Royal Mail claim on their website that tracked24 parcels are still being dealt with as a priority, but obviously not in my case.If it does turn up I’ll have to arrange to get it back to Scograil.

Edited by d46037
Spelling mistake
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Gold
4 minutes ago, d46037 said:

I’ve experienced these delays firsthand myself with my latest acquisition from Scograil of Ipswich,a tourist class 218 ( Roco 70758) which was paid for at Warley on Saturday 26th, to be dispatched from the shop the following week. I duly received a message from Scograil saying that it was being dispatched by Royalmail tracked24 ,which  according the tracker arrived at Chelmsford sorting office on the evening of Tuesday 29th. It has remained  there since then with no onward movement evident. I contacted Scograil on Monday 5th December. They investigated and were told it was probably caught in a log jam. I investigated myself a couple of days later (7/12) and was told the same by Royal Mail. I then received another call from Scograil on Friday 9th as to whether I had received the model (no) as he had acquired another example. This one was dispatched via Parcelforce and arrived yesterday ,having taken three days with full tracking throughout. Excellent service from Scograil in sending me out the second example. Royal Mail claim on their website that tracked24 parcels are still being dealt with as a priority, but obviously not in my case.If it does turn up I’ll have to arrange to get it back to Scograil.

Royal Mail is pretty much a write off at the moment. I had a special delivery arrive on the 2nd. It was posted on the 23rd.

I've currently got another SD sitting in Swansea MC for its second night. Can't see it going anywhere for the next two days. Fortunately I'm in no rush - it's been sent SD due to the value. My concern is it going missing. I have several other things hopefully working their way through the system but one tracked item has been sitting somewhere since the 22nd Nov with no change. I'm trying to get that one refunded but the seller is claiming ignorance.

I sympathise with the posties as they have been treated pretty poorly but they run the real risk of not having a job at all.

• Like 3
  • Agree 5

The problem is that the Royal Mail delays are so unpredictable. I received a vinyl record today - 2nd Class standard parcel - sent 8th December so pretty much 'normal'. Yet a Tracked 48 item sent the same day hasn't even been scanned in; another one took 8 days, 7 of which were without tracking as it had not been scanned in and then miraculously appeared the day after. I had a Tracked 24 that was indeed delivered next day, yet 3 other packets took so long they were refunded as lost. I also waited a month for a badly built MTK Class 50 but that may have been a mercy. And we haven't had any letter post for weeks, during which my wife has found her credit cancelled because she was supposed to be using the replacement sent a month ago.

• RMweb Premium

Still waiting for items sent in November and deliveries here are running at about once a week now, no post delivery on non strike days and then before they can get the system flowing again, they are out for another two days.

If this keeps up, I can see the Royal Mail pulling the plug and closing down with the remnants being sold off cheap to the highest bidder and everyone being handed their P45 at this rate.

• Agree 3

• RMweb Premium

Recently I had a tracked 24hr parcel from Coastal DCC - same building as Scograil - that only had to travel 25miles but which went and sat in Milton Keynes parcel hub for 5 days before arriving. But that is far better than another packet that RM has just taken 16 days to deliver, while another order sadly via EVRi has sat in their parcel hub for 14 days and counting…… Yet the last item ordered, a cheap android phone for use as a DCC throttle from Curry’s, came via DPD in 24hrs with free standard delivery! 

I think it’s one of those ‘perfect storm’ situations with Black Friday and all the strikes. Hopefully after new year things will all shake out. 

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

Ha - my Wife orders lots of things from ebay. Ebay have sent her a warning that she is requesting too many refunds for items not arriving. Um, that's because too many items aren't arriving...

edit: I just checked and my Swansea residing parcel is now at Chelmsford MC and "due for delivery today". As they are on strike today and tomorrow that may be optimistic? We shall see.

Edited by Bucoops

• RMweb Gold
13 minutes ago, CUCKOO LINE said:

As long as it didn't go via Bristol looking at the pictures in the news or else you might have got something nasty extra with it !

or you may not get it at all - there is  some speculation that post has been left outside and has been damaged...

0_IMG-20221207-WA0007.jpg

27 minutes ago, Sjcm said:

I've got something for sale on eBay that ends tomorrow. Gonna take the hit and send it first class tracked but at the moment I'm praying someone from abroad buys it because then it becomes Ebay's problem😂

Why does that make it ebays problem? I sold something to Japan ebay refunded end off!!. I have never sold outside UK ever again !!.

I only have 5 items not delievered at mo!! None sent recorded, perhaps here for Easter !!

• Funny 1

15 minutes ago, micklner said:

Why does that make it ebays problem? I sold something to Japan ebay refunded end off!!. I have never sold outside UK ever again !!.

I only have 5 items not delievered at mo!! None sent recorded, perhaps here for Easter !!

GPS. All you need to do is get it to ebay's hub down the road from me. Getting to the customer abroad is their problem, and if it doesn't arrive they refund it not you.

• Agree 1

The one day delivery delay according to Andy Y’s list above, has gone right out of the window . We are WA8. We are approaching seven days and DPD haven’t even collected our parcels. Now affecting at least four of our suppliers. 

The CEO of Watermans is suggesting  to shop local to guarantee your items for Christmas. He also points our that even shopping locally at a bricks and mortar store will possibly be a problem as the store may have not received their deliveries. 

Does the rail system still carry parcels?

Been lucky so far, only one cancelled order. He called into the shop and said as it was a Christmas present he would have to order ‘on line’. He was able to come yesterday as he was on strike.

Edited by Widnes Model Centre
Spelin
  • Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

2 hours ago, Sjcm said:

GPS. All you need to do is get it to ebay's hub down the road from me. Getting to the customer abroad is their problem, and if it doesn't arrive they refund it not you.

How does a normal parcel record on GPS ?? I have never read anything similar on Ebay conditions either?  Where's a Ebay Hub ??

• Agree 1

27 minutes ago, micklner said:

How does a normal parcel record on GPS ?? I have never read anything similar on Ebay conditions either?  Where's a Ebay Hub ??

Only brought in this year I think.  When you list your item you tick to be included into the global shipping program. Means the customer pays eBay for the shipping.  You post it to the eBay shipping hub (mine is in Litchfield about 15miles). Once they get it, you and the customer get all the  tracking updates, but basically means once it arrives at the hub, if it gets lost or damaged the customer's beef is with ebay not with you so they can't claim back from you.

of course it could go missing on the way to the hub but tracked your usually safe and if I send to the UK and it gets lost or broken then it's my responsibility and at the moment with the mail I prefer the GSP odds😂

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Sjcm said:

I've got something for sale on eBay that ends tomorrow. Gonna take the hit and send it first class tracked but at the moment I'm praying someone from abroad buys it because then it becomes Ebay's problem😂

You can exclude individual foreign countries that you aren't prepared to send stuff to.  Can you similarly exclude the UK??

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

From DPD on Monday ...

We'll deliver your RAILS OF SHEFFIELD LTD parcel

TOMORROW

13th December 2022

From DPD on Tuesday ...

Oh no!

We're sorry, your parcel has been delayed due to an unexpected issue

We'll now deliver your RAILS OF SHEFFIELD LTD parcel

TOMORROW

14th December 2022

From DPD on Wednesday ...

Oh no!

TOMORROW

15th December 2022

From DPD on Thursday ...

Oh no!

TOMORROW

16th December 2022

We will send your 1 hour time slot as soon as your parcel leaves the local depot, this is usually by 11:00am.

Nice try Rails, and to be fair, it will still probably be faster than Royal Mail this month.

• Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Michael Hodgson said:

You can exclude individual foreign countries that you aren't prepared to send stuff to.  Can you similarly exclude the UK??

I suppose in theory you could, but why would you want to if you are located within uk?    From my location here in Scotland, most of my eBay sales are exported to England and a few to Wales.   As I use eBay Global Shipping Programme for anything outwith uk these are the same as sales to England as far as I am concerned, since my responsibility ends when the item arrives at the eBay distribution depot at Lichfield, just the same as if delivered to a buyer's home address in England.  Given the current mess with deliveries though, I have two eBay sales ending next week and probably won't be doing any more listings for the foreseeable future.

Edited by cessna152towser
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

Given the DPD delays mentioned here, I won't be making any more online purchases of model railway items until well after Christmas. It's not if there's anything I absolutely must have, and I do still have a local model shop. That said, the TT sets Hornby sent out by DPD seem to have generally arrived on time.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
On 13/12/2022 at 17:49, AY Mod said:

DPD seem to have dropped next-day deliveries in several areas.

Still an issue checked their website just now https://www.dpd.co.uk/pdf/DPD_Service_Disruption.pdf

I don't have any outstanding deliveries by DPD, but if the seller allows, I can divert a package to one of their collection points, it's acceptable to me - my nearest such location is based at a petrol station open 24/7 so I can collect at my leisure