Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

The Oliver Twist Christmas Wish List (Please Sir can I have some more?)

Dagworth

• RMweb Gold

When Brian announced the 2022 wishlist poll I asked if we could have a section for supposedly current items that we wanted to see another production run of. Brian said that they had tried it and it didn't get much response so I asked Andy Y if I could start it as a separate thread so here we are.

What one catalogue  item from the last twenty years or so would you like to see rereleased?

My request is more Bachmann FFA/FGA freightliner wagons.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Some of the Heljan diesels that I didn't want first time around. Mostly the prototypes and railbuses. I know they have done more runs so I'm optimistic.

Currently looking at the Waggon und Maschinenbau Railbuses which are apparently due.

I'm pretty sure I will think of others, but if it's just one choice, then the AC Cars railbus which was the WR one.

Jason

Edited by Steamport Southport
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium

Hmmm, one item, hmmm Bachmann Farish just where would you start? Such a large back catalogue so little currently in production. 

I would have to say the Castles or mk1 coaches.

• Like 1

Bachmann C class and Hornby H class tank, although there is one H class on pre order not been released yet that I'm waiting for so maybe they don't count as they are technically still in production? Thanks, 

Regards, 

Jim. 

• RMweb Gold

Assuming that the bulk of current toolings not currently available will be given new runs at some time or other, there is less point in wishlisting as it's just a matter of patience, but there is a grim truth behind this, that we are an ageing demographic and some of us will not have been able to wait when the models are re-released.  My advice; buy the models when they are available if you can, live with it if you can't it's a first world problem, and don't assume that you can put the purchase off unless you are prepared to mistime it and have to wait a few years!

That said, point made, I can't offhand think of anything currenly in production whether available at the moment or not that I want more of at the moment.  Last year I'd have said more Bachmann 16ton minerals with different running numbers but I've pretty much got that covered now.

Without getting into discussions I think it's more of a problem for those that model modern/current than older eras. A bog standard Black Five, BR Mark Ones and 16 ton minerals are just that, bog standard.

Many of the modern era models seem to be short runs in liveries that last about five minutes IRL, sell out quickly and never appear again. Just look at the demand for those Drax wagons. Problem is you need about thirty of them per train!

Jason

4 hours ago, RANGERS said:

at reasonable prices please! I still struggle to get my head around £50+ for a 4mm coach.

4 hours ago, 33C said:

better quality control would be a start 

... and there's the problem that manufacturers face - some want lower cost models, while others want manufacturers to spend more on model production (which would obviously translate to higher cost models).

And if you cannot strike a balance, change your business model. The problem with manufacturing in cheaper countries, it looks good on the balance sheet regarding costs but, as a lot of the modellers on here seem to testify, if you take your eye off the ball regarding the stuff in your product, then the basic u.s.p. ("for life/happiness"), is meaningless and you ain't gonna last long. I mean, the "Railroad" range...what happened there? Pocket money models? Older tools? i'm on board. Not now! And i get more pocket money...Go in a car dealership, buy a new car, 2 months later the chassis starts blistering and turning white and the door handles keep coming off,....what would you do? 

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I'd like to see Bachmann do the 2-Hap, Class 117 and Class 121 in all over BR Blue and Green with small yellow panels....

I have a green 117, but with the cost of it, I don't think I can bring myself to respray it.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1