RMweb

Formula 1 2023

didcot

• RMweb Gold

Like Professional Golf, F1 has largely been bought (on so many levels) by Middle Eastern interests.  It’s not run for the benefit of the fans - rather the avarice and self-aggrandisement of those that run it and have purchased it.

Cheers

Darius

• Agree 7

My eldest and his girlfriend are have fun at Silverstone. Got a Williams cap signed by two Williams academy drivers, plus Arthur Leclerc and Jack Doohan who both posed for pictures. 

Then we saw them in the crowd on Sky's F1 Show.

Next a video of Lando walking past and a selfie with Alpine team principal Otmar Saufnaur.

• Like 6

• RMweb Premium
On 03/07/2023 at 09:49, SteveM666 said:

A TechPro barrier maybe but a ‘wall of tyres’ risks a repeat of the Henry Surtees accident from a few years ago - even with the halo (they provide a lot of protection but not perfect).

It was'nt just a tyre , it was a front wheel and suspension unit from another car .

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
12 hours ago, Jol Wilkinson said:

It is just becoming entertainment for those who want crashes, trumped up drama and have only a short term interest. It is rather summed up by the Orange Army.

How dare you mention trump and orange in the same post........

Edited by newbryford
  • Funny 5

My eldest is adding to his tally of autographs today. Franz Tost, George Russell and Esteban Ocon. There is a two barrier system that keep the public away from the drivers etc by about 3 feet. So you chuck the pen and hat at the driver, they catch sign and through it back. My lad dropped the pen out of reach so Esteban climbed over the first barrier, signed the cap and had a selfie with him. He got a cheer from those around him.

What a nice thing to do.

IMG-20230707-WA0003.jpg.619eef2d437d9acbfe4badf84e5a2824.jpg

• Like 19

• RMweb Gold

Jenny's wish to increase awareness of Stroke and its effects is heartening. I have known a couple of victims her age. One, a court official, made a good recovery, and graced my second wedding 20 years later. The other, a not-very-nice man, had not sought help soon enough, has vision problems so severe DVLA have withdrawn his licence. Neither was a smoker, but Ben ate crisps and sweets like a young teen - and is an online-gaming fanatic, a fever he has passed on to his three now-estranged sons. He has been advised to limit that activity in future. He was/is doing post-doctoral research in agricultural studies.

Being struck down in your 40s, even temporarily, is cruel, however you look at it. 

• Agree 6
  • Friendly/supportive 3

My lad and his girlfriend were waiting at the team entrance behind the barriers as per my earlier post. There was a little lad with a sign with Go Max on one side and Nick de Vryes on the other. Franz Tost hoped over the barrier to sign in. Christian Horner took one look and said "can't reach" and walked off. My lad showed me the video. 

Sums RB up.

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 5

Good finishes for Mercedes too, considering the problems the car keeps throwing up. And yet again, Silverstone shows how exciting racing can be on a proper track.

• Like 3
  • Agree 3

• RMweb Premium

Good beginning, dull middle (think I fell asleep), good end.

What are the current rules about maintaining speed/distance to the pace car before it pulls off the track?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SR71 said:

What are the current rules about maintaining speed/distance to the pace car before it pulls off the track?

I believe that once the lights on the safety car go out the leader takes over setting the pace.

Therefore, the leader can let the safety car pull away and then return to racing speed at anytime they like.

• Agree 4
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

Sadly not;

I do hope Damon will get a cameo given his father's work in Grand Prix. I expect the film will be cobblers but hopefully can't be worse than that Stallone effort. "MmmmmmmmMmmmmmm..."

• Like 3