The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Formula 1 2023

didcot

1 hour ago, 57xx said:

Steadfast's and my post were two totally different teams.  The phrases he quoted were all on the Jordan car when the tobacco sponsors weren't allowed their names to be put on the cars and were all a nod towards B&H brand (e.g. cheekily trying to bypass the ban).

It clicked after I had posted. Not being a smoker, brand awareness isn't burnt into my brain!

37 minutes ago, newbryford said:

Dagenham Dustbin racing......

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/64506082

Smith and Sniff will have a field day. If you've never heard of a Fooowwds Traaaaansit, 17 mins 50 into their excellent podcast will provide education on Dagenham pronunciation (starts about 15 mins if you want the full Sport, and Transit experience before Ford)

Jo

Edited by Steadfast
  • Like 1
  • Funny 2

1 hour ago, didcot said:

Good for the Sport, not sure I'd team up with RB though.

I was going to make some sort of coarse comment about Ford getting into bed with Red Bull, but I thought I'd better not...  🤔

• RMweb Premium

Local Ford dealer (T C Harrison) has sent me an email link to a lot more information - there is direct link to F1 as the original Mr Harrison drove an ERA C-type in the first Silverstone GP in 1950.

Well worth watching the videos . . . . . . . . . . . . . 

https://www.tch.co.uk/news/february-2023/ford-returns-to-f1/

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Andrew P said:

The one before that was a doosy too - Johnny Herbert’s win at the Nurburgring Europe 1999 for Stewart.

Edited by OnTheBranchline
  • Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

25 minutes ago, Obi-Jiff Kenobi said:

I usually support Ford in all forms of motorsport, but I just cannot bring myself to support Red Bull, although I may reconsider should they sign a driver such as Lando Norris, as has been rumoured.

I hadn't heard the Norris rumour, BUT he needs a fast Car, and a lot can happen between now and 2026, I'm thinking of, maybe a BIG return to form of McLaren, or Lewis's seat at Merc, or even one of the current outsiders like Alpine or AM. As I say, 2026 is a long way off in real terms, just look how quickly the Mercs lost their advantage.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Jol Wilkinson said:

While Mad Max and C Moaner are at Red Bull any "second driver" won't get fair treatment. Better to get some windfall results there or a chance of greater things elsewhere?

"Valtteri, it's James"...

Edited by OnTheBranchline

• RMweb Premium

Norris raced Ginetta Juniors if I remember correctly. Max might find himself on the outside heading towards a barrier if he tries his usual tricks. If you watch BTCC you soon realise;

1) the Ginetta Junior drivers are fearless.

2) no one has told them what the middle peddle does.

3) the flip front can be attached/detached, up/down, they are not lifting!

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

2 hours ago, woodenhead said:

Sponsor logos don't need to be big on a Williams, it's going so slow you've time to put on your spectacles, make a drink and then comfortably take a seat to read them as it passes on the home straight.

OR, You could just jog along side it as it goes around. 🤣

• Funny 2