Genetically Modified (GM) – Accurascale Takes Route 66 With Latest Locomotive Release in 00/4mm!

WOW!!  20+ H4-66's - you must have quite a collection of axle boxes then!!

I'm sure they'll compare favourably, but please keep us posted.

Al.

Edited by atom3624

• RMweb Gold

Mine arrived on Friday, very securely packaged and all complete. It's a magnificent model, another top notch model from Team Accurascale. Ran it around a test track on Saturday and it behaved perfectly from the first application of current. I am delighted with it and with the improvements that have been made on the original Hattons model. I think it is, at present, the ultimate 00 model of a class 66 and nobody should be concerned if they have one on order, I'm sure you will be delighted with your purchase.

Thanks again to Accurascale

all the best

Godfrey

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

Having arrived yesterday 66001 has been thoroughly run in on a rolling road.

The front deflection plate complete with the two air pipes has been fitted from the detail pack after releasing the body off in a matter of seconds with thanks to Accurascale support.

The sound file is fab with a nice deep bass and no distortion.

Nothing has fallen off and straight from the box it's a superb smooth runner with all axle boxes rotating and correct lights showing.

Thank you @Accurascale Fran

PXL_20240409_161923707~2.jpg

PXL_20240409_161646374~2.jpg

• Like 13
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
Posted (edited)

Hi @Cheekyharry,

Many thanks for your kind words and thanks, but the stars of this show are @Steve Purves, @Pixie and of course the staff from Hattons on the original design. I just get the brilliant job to tell you all the story with it.

I'm delighted that everyone is enjoying their locos though!

Cheers!

Fran 

Edited by Accurascale Fran
  • Like 7
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Premium
6 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi @Cheekyharry,

Many thanks for your kind words and thanks, but the stars of this show are @Steve Purves, @Pixie and of course the staff from Hattons on the original design. I just get the brilliant job to tell you all the story with it.

Cheers!

Fran 

I would think the Chinese assembly team are the stars of the show using their skill to build the models,especially the one who gave the ultimate sacrafice and assembled the purple deltic.....:) the trick is keeping them together as the skill base gets better.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

Mine arrived this afternoon, just in time for me to have to shoot off on the school run! Had a quick look at it, and she's a beaut. Really looking forward to fire it up and get it rolling.

• RMweb Premium
13 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi @Cheekyharry,

Cheers!

Fran 

It's been a pleasure to be able to work on the 66. Wouldn't have been possible without support from the whole team, as it was my first Accurascale project it gave me an idea of the Accurascale way! It's paved the way for the next project, and the next and the next. I think there's some pretty epic stuff to come and I can't wait to show them  off!

Oh, and there's run 2 to reveal too soon enough!

Steve

• Like 10
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Round of applause 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
15 hours ago, ERIC ALLTORQUE said:

I would think the Chinese assembly team are the stars of the show using their skill to build the models,especially the one who gave the ultimate sacrafice and assembled the purple deltic.....:) the trick is keeping them together as the skill base gets better.

Hi @ERIC ALLTORQUE,

Absolutely, and very well said. I think it's always important to recgonise their skills and contributions. These are essentially hand made, with very little in the way of automation or even mechanisation. As I've said many times in the past; they're simply the best model makers in the world. The level of consistency they achieve in the fit and finish of the models is just mind blowing.

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 10
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, Steve Purves said:

Oh, and there's run 2 to reveal too soon enough!

Just when it should be as we dont need heating in the summer so the money may aswell buy models............so do we find out at making tracks in a few weeks................nice modern layout to spot the liverys on......hint hint..:)

Mine arrived Saturday, well packed. Stunning, is what springs to mind. Well done the team at Accurascale another triumph! This is totally outside my box, but I'm led to believe that this particular loco was seen on the Far North Line. That will do for Laggan Bridge, if not, who cares!

Bill.

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
31 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi everyone,

We've been asked to provide a quick guide on replacing the front valance, so here you go!

https://www.accurascale.com/blogs/lets-get-involved/fitting-your-class-66-front-valance-bufferbeam

Cheers!

Fran 

That’s very useful. Could I possibly repeat my request for such documents to be available as PDFs? With the best will in the world, things on t’web can go missing and it helps to have such things secure on one’s own system.

1 hour ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi everyone,

We've been asked to provide a quick guide on replacing the front valance, so here you go!

https://www.accurascale.com/blogs/lets-get-involved/fitting-your-class-66-front-valance-bufferbeam

Cheers!

Fran 

Sobering to think that there are more separate parts on the pair of spare full bufferbeams alone than in some entire models 30 years ago! (I estimate 30 parts across the pair including steps, lifting eyes, hoses, buffers, buffer beams, springs, and the main valance moulding).

Not seen these parts in the flesh so doubtless have missed something.

5 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi everyone,

Cheers!

Fran 

Thank you Accurascale for not calling it an air dam! One if those phrases that really grates.

Jo

• Friendly/supportive 1

My example of 66001 arrived yesterday and whilst it looks and runs fantastic I have had a couple of issues. The first is a high pitch whine when moving and wagons coupled to it will derail on 2nd and 3rd radius curves, this seems to be caused by the coupling having restricted movement so its pulling the wagon off to the outside of the curve and off the track.

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
57 minutes ago, 4700mm said:

My example of 66001 arrived yesterday and whilst it looks and runs fantastic I have had a couple of issues. The first is a high pitch whine when moving and wagons coupled to it will derail on 2nd and 3rd radius curves, this seems to be caused by the coupling having restricted movement so its pulling the wagon off to the outside of the curve and off the track.

Hi there

Have you dropped a line to support? Ideally including a video. We can then advise if there is a fault 👍

• Friendly/supportive 1

The extremely beautiful EWS Class 66 has also arrived here in the Netherlands. My special compliments for the model, the great sound, the very nice packaging and the fast shipping by DPD to the EU...... But here too there are problems on R2 rails with pulling two-axle vehicles from the rails, for example the Hornby Hoppers. In the meantime, the hook has been removed from the Class 66, which is going better...... More tinkering tomorrow.

Edited by Dutch-Traindriver

2 hours ago, Steadfast said:

Thank you Accurascale for not calling it an air dam! One if those phrases that really grates.

Jo

Dam right ! Hate it when they call the snowplough that .

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 4

12 hours ago, 4700mm said:

My Hattons 66 used to derail wagons on curves due to the coupler hitting the valance panel. I widened the hole and the problem went away

• Informative/Useful 1

Quick question to 'those that have'.

How heavy is the A/S Class 66 please?  Yes, I know it states 0.8kg on the site - that's very approximate.

Could mention if DCC / DCC Sound / DC - 'though that's only a matter of a few grams.

Al.

7 hours ago, Pillar said:

Is it really a snowplough? It doesn't seem shaped for it. I always thought it was an 'obstacle deflector'.

No, it’s not a snowplough .

• Friendly/supportive 1