Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×

Class 66, By Accurascale

• RMweb Premium
2 minutes ago, ERIC ALLTORQUE said:

Ahh the good old ETA, Thunderbirds when Scott would ask Virgil as Thunderbird one got there first at mach 15.

Didn’t have Houtis and ports to deal with thou 🤦‍♂️

• Funny 3

5 minutes ago, GBRf 66 The Flying Dustman said:

IMG_1874.jpeg.cb82d3e51a49883b22482ff175bddd32.jpeg

funny that as they posted the other day they will be towards the end of may, so who is telling the truth here 

That may refer to the decoders, rather than the models themselves (it is slightly ambiguous).

Ed

• RMweb Premium
Posted (edited)

Pre-selling them before they arrive.....

Does the lifetime warranty transfer when sold/bought via ebay? As the description implies?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/126394371550?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=-u-bme6js9-&sssrc=2047675&ssuid=__tDpysrRka&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

And he has three of them....

Edited by newbryford

• RMweb Premium
2 minutes ago, newbryford said:

Does the lifetime warranty transfer when sold/bought via ebay? As the description implies?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/126394371550?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=-u-bme6js9-&sssrc=2047675&ssuid=__tDpysrRka&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Pete might just be cash strapped now making tracks is off for a few months...........:)

• Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
15 minutes ago, newbryford said:

Nope. Warranty applies to the original purchase, either direct or from a listed stockist.

• Thanks 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

14 hours ago, McC said:

Nope. Warranty applies to the original purchase, either direct or from a listed stockist.

Hi McC

i brought some half hoppers from rails of Sheffield,  but i got them of their ebay site a while ago,   does the warranty still apply? 

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, The Meerkat said:

Hi McC

i brought some half hoppers from rails of Sheffield,  but i got them of their ebay site a while ago,   does the warranty still apply? 

If you have a receipt from a stockist then absolutely 

• RMweb Gold
6 hours ago, The Meerkat said:

Hi McC

Hi @The Meerkat,

It would depend if they were new off their ebay site or second hand. If it is the latter than no I'm afraid.

Cheers!

Fran 

• RMweb Gold
21 hours ago, newbryford said:

I note that the seller states "Receipt provided for life time warranty." As long as the name and address matches all fine!!!🤪

Posted (edited)

The seller is Private and not an Accurascale Stockist looking at the listings thus you will not get the warranty let alone the lifetime one thus buyer beware.

It looks like he's pre-ordered 3 of the AS Freightliner Exclusives and flogging them off for marginal profit once you take the fees off after sale, a bit pointless to be honest or sell them for at least £350 each to make it worthwhile 😆

Edited by classy52
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold

It's also disappointing that someone would sell a charity fundraiser for profit, and I am guessing that their profits wont be donated to the charity too, but maybe I'll be surprised! 

Of course, once the locos come into stock and we process all the pre-orders there should be some left over, so keep an eye on the website and you wont need to pay such premiums.

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 6
  • Agree 3
  • Thanks 1

In the gaming world (and apparently in other areas where tickets are involved) we call these people "scalpers", who are not retailers themselves, and would hoard items to resell it at a higher price to make profit. Pretty morally grey if you ask me.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
9 hours ago, BrakeCoach said:

In the gaming world (and apparently in other areas where tickets are involved) we call these people "scalpers", who are not retailers themselves, and would hoard items to resell it at a higher price to make profit. Pretty morally grey if you ask me.

This kind of thing .............https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/156185500457?_trkparms=amclksrc%3DITM%26aid%3D1110025%26algo%3DHOMESPLICE.COMPOSITELISTINGS%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20220405142716%26meid%3D687133afbc384087ae608578078ec049%26pid%3D101506%26rk%3D10%26rkt%3D25%26sd%3D186408094952%26itm%3D156185500457%26pmt%3D0%26noa%3D1%26pg%3D4247815%26algv%3DAlgoIndex5SimRanker&_trksid=p4247815.c101506.m1851

• Agree 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
7 minutes ago, PieGuyRob said:

How much!

Makes a no money down preorder seem like the investment of the decade :) 

• Like 1
  • Agree 5

2 minutes ago, McC said:

Makes a no money down preorder seem like the investment of the decade :) 

Makes me smile when you bring out a few items of stock that people want (like the batch of mk2b's left over and the recent 37's in the last few days! A real 🖕 to the "scalpers" 😂

• Agree 3
  • Funny 1