Revolution Trains offers IHA-F Sfhimms wagons in 00 and N

Revolution Ben

• RMweb Gold
19 hours ago, Revolution Ben said:

I do not know when the yellow HT lettering and dots were applied, however I do know they are not now significant

although not significant there are still wagons running with the dot and HT, this was in dee marsh this morning

IMG_2276.jpg

• Like 8
  • Friendly/supportive 1

I've ordered mine and I'm looking forward to them already. The price is very attractive for a brand new bogie wagon in 2023, putting some of the big brands to shame. Hats off to Revolution. 

Ed

(p.s. May we please have an Electrostar in 00 as well?)

Edited by South-East Rail
  • Like 3

I’ve found a nice colour photograph of IHA  31 87 4667 035-1 in the bookazine (lovely word!) called ‘The Changing Face of Railfreight’ published by Morton’s in 2019.  The photo, which can be found on page 90, was taken in April 1994 and the wagon looks brand new.  Interestingly the distinctive yellow hooks used to secure the canvas cover in place aren’t present on this wagon or on the wagons on either side of it.  Instead there’s a different mechanism used.  Does this suggest that the original means of securing the covers was found to be wanting and replaced at a latter date by the yellow hooks?  I should add that there are no yellow dots or the letters H or HT on the cover.

• Like 1

Just looking at ordering a few of these.

On the original announcement post there was artwork for one with just the yellow dot (No H/HT lettering), however I can't see this option on the dropdown.

If someone from Revolution could advise that'd be great!

24 minutes ago, Revolution Ben said:

Hi James

We have revised the artworks to reflect the wagon identies we intend producing in this run.  There may be other versions in the future.

cheers

Ben A.

That's great - thanks for confirming so quickly. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something!

Looking forward to replacing my underscale Roco versions 😃

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 21/08/2023 at 17:35, Revolution Ben said:

Hi there,

Thanks.  For present day versions it'll be sensible to avoid numbers from batch 1 and stick to examples from batches 2 and 3.

cheers

Ben A.

Hi Ben,

So if I was after wagons that ran from 2010-2018 I’m assuming I would be looking at the ones with H & HT lettering but not the originals or were they around still in 2018? I’m assuming Ermewa branding came after 2018.

Need to get an order for these placed!!

Cheers

Chris

• RMweb Gold

Hi Chris,

I do not know when the Ermewa branding started to be applied - it may have been earlier than 2018, but only on the odd wagon here and there as the covers were replaced.

With such a large fleet it is probably impossible to find a definitive answer, but since there are still plenty or examples running around without the Ermewa branding I would say you could avoid it and be accurate.  Similarly I don't think the H & HT lettering was applied to the whole fleet, so 2010-18 there would still be some without it.

cheers

Ben A.

• Thanks 1

• 3 months later...

Hi there,

Really looking forward to these wagons to go with my Bachmann BYA/BRA rake.

Just wondering, on the Margam-Round Oak trains there are often what appear to be these wagons with Blue Tarpaulins - just wondering if you are producing this variation or if I'm being stupid and it's a different wagon!

Thank you!

28 minutes ago, TimberValleyRailway said:

Hi there,

Really looking forward to these wagons to go with my Bachmann BYA/BRA rake.

Just wondering, on the Margam-Round Oak trains there are often what appear to be these wagons with Blue Tarpaulins - just wondering if you are producing this variation or if I'm being stupid and it's a different wagon!

Thank you!

The ones with the blue canopies are the ones built for GERS,  and now operated by TOUAX. The arrived about 10 years after the ERMEWA ones, and are Dutch -registered (country code 84)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi there,

Yes, further to Brian's post above they are slighty different. 

Other than the colour, the most obvious spotting point is that our versions have a platform at one end, the GERS/Touax wagons do not.  Also, the newer wagons have an angled profile across the top of the wagon end, whereas the Arbel IHAs are a smooth curve.

In this image linked from Flickr the first wagon is the one we are offering, and the second is the later version and the difference in roof profiles is fairly clear.

66 755 Burgs Lane 13-5-23

There are other differences but those are the main ones.

cheers

Ben A.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, TimberValleyRailway said:

Hi Ben,

Thanks for this. Are there plans to produce these as a variation?

Either way I think I'll be getting a few IHAs just to mix the rake up a bit!

Thanks again

Hi there,

Not right now.   In practical terms the only common parts would be the bogies and, possibly, the buffers.   

If the Arbel versions we are offering do well we may look at them in the future but we have several other wagons ahead on the queue.

And other than some very early flows I am not aware of any trains that use the blue versions to the exclusion of all other types.

Cheers

Ben A.

Edited by Revolution Ben
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Placed an order for 5 of these earlier today using the 50% deposit option. made it not so painfull on the Wallet! 

Cheers Trailrage

• Like 1

On 22/02/2024 at 14:06, Stuart A said:

This youtube video I came across recently appears to have 4 in a 1994 mixed cross channel rake I think?

This was taken in the latter days of the Train Ferry, i.e before November 1994, as there is a nuclear flask wagon towards the rear of the train. The coil wagons were still being delivered; I remember a rake of  them at the 'Military Landing'' opposite Dover town yard..

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for sharing @TomE . I had the chance to see the 4mm sample recently, and somehow the N one seems even more impressive - perhaps because of the dinky nature of the real things? Amazing to see no loss of detail between them either! Which reminds me, I must dip in to the train funds and put my order in

Jo

Edited by Steadfast
  • Like 1