Z21 and Itrain

Stevio778

You should see the other tracks 🤣 

yeah I’m gonna get me one of those. It’s on my Santa list. I tried some insulated joiners and thought it would be easier just to cut the track ( by the way the track I cut on my test rig was stuck down) 

I held this track with one hand whilst cutting it with a cutting disk. The only problem I foresee with that saw is I only want to cut one rail not go across and cut two 

chow 

1 hour ago, melmerby said:

IMG_1949.jpg.6e4e44342cca065248ac0787356394ad.jpg.6ca4b892f196eae2b3e758b8da9f7600.jpg

That's awful☹️

Might I suggest one of these?:

https://gb.jbtools.com/x-acto-x75300-precision-razor-saw-set/

However I'm not sure why you needed to do such a brutal cut as that - two lengths of track joined with one rail metal joiner, one rail plastic joiner.

or you could use one of these preferably before the track is pinned down

https://www.heamar.co.uk/cutters/41773-xuron-2175b-track-cutter-615265901858.html

Edited by Michael Hodgson
  • Thanks 1

Hello again. I'm fitting the MP5 point motors to my test layout now. It won't surprise you that I can't seem to get them to operate. Mind you it did once when I switched everything back on after wiring the Power AC/DC terminals from the Signal Input terminals. I've set the points to be operated using number 1 in the setup panel.

YD8116.jpg

IMG_2096.jpg

IMG_2097.jpg

• Friendly/supportive 1

Now here's a funny thing. I'm in the process now of setting up iTrain I've got the loco's running around on manual operation and just setting up the point motors now. It looks as though it's doing the offset thing of 4, so point address 1 becomes 5. In fact when I click on point 1 in iTrain point 5 springs into life.

But the RCN 213 box in iTrain is checked. I've also tried unchecking it but to no avail.

Thanks!RCN213.jpg.0608c75e65a910e561f95dd0f37380ea.jpg

Edited by Stevio778

I didn't close and restart but they are working now with the correct addresses the only thing is some are showing open in iTrain but on the test track they are closed. How do i alter this? 

I think I may have cracked it thanks!  I've swopped outputs!

Edited by Stevio778
update
  • Friendly/supportive 1

As you can see my test track has 3 ovals and a siding. Do I need to set up Track Routes in iTrain or can I just set up the Feedbacks/occupancy? and blocks?

There's one feedback in each oval and one in the sidings.

IMG_2172.jpg

Edited by Stevio778

It depends on what you want to do whether you will use track routes or trains routes, also depends on whether you have working feedbacks or not.

may I suggest that you watch the series of videos that Bob Fuller and I created for iTrain. You will find them all on iTrain - but they should be watched in conjunction with reading the manual, they are not a substitute for the manual.

you will also get much better support for iTrain on the iTrain forum than you will get here.

• Agree 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• 1 month later...