Chop Yat - The NER through the North York Moors.

Worsdell forever

Enjoying watching, Paul. 

Making me want to do some modelling more regularly... Work gets in the way of so much good modelling time. 

• Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium
On 20/03/2024 at 21:52, Worsdell forever said:

Cut a slot out of the platform ramp to drop the signal in.

We have a similar arrangement on our club layout - though rather less posh as it's a Dapol signal and the layout is 00 BR(W) c. 1955, I'm afraid. But I shall be taking notes on how this gets finished off.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Worsdell forever said:

I'm thinking for the slope down to the beck to make a stone chanel as its quite steep. 

Looking good. If the subsequent channel is steep, then sometimes a set of cascade steps to reduce energy when water from the culvert hits the beck could be put in. Not something I've seen modelled.

• Like 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

On 23/03/2024 at 12:35, Fishplate said:

If the subsequent channel is steep, then sometimes a set of cascade steps to reduce energy when water from the culvert hits the beck could be put in. Not something I've seen modelled.

Ref my comment above, spotted a cascade on the A169 on the drop into the 40mph limit, Whitby side of Sleights and thought of you 🙂.

You can see it on Streetview on the link below. You might need to select the October 2009 view (hopefully the link does that for you though . . .)

Sleights Cascade

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, Fishplate said:

Ref my comment above, spotted a cascade on the A169 on the drop into the 40mph limit, Whitby side of Sleights and thought of you 🙂.

You can see it on Streetview on the link below. You might need to select the October 2009 view (hopefully the link does that for you though . . .)

Sleights Cascade

Spotted that a couple of weeks ago, they've cut a lot of the under growth out down there.

• Agree 1

Wonderful video all looks great. I noticed there seams to be a slight misalignment on one of the goods yard points. One of the sidings looks as though the point has risen above the siding. Also in my mind’s eye I thought the orientation was round the other way with Hemsley being off to right but I now stand corrected. Still a marvellous layout.

Keith

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, micklner said:

It maybe the video ? ,the G5 looks like it is rocking up and down ?

It does look like it bobs in the video, not noticeable in real life, could be a slightly wonky wheel from re gauging, something I need to look at.

1 hour ago, KeithHC said:

Wonderful video all looks great. I noticed there seams to be a slight misalignment on one of the goods yard points. One of the sidings looks as though the point has risen above the siding.

Yes, there is a dodgy track alignment in the yard, also a couple of spots where the loco bounces through the turnouts, all to look into.

1 hour ago, KeithHC said:

Also in my mind’s eye I thought the orientation was round the other way with Hemsley being off to right but I now stand corrected. Still a marvellous layout.

Keith

The site I've chosen for the station is between the village and the beck, squeezed together a bit to fit them in, hopefully bits of the village will be visible behind the hedge. The goods yard has been arranged to be shunted by goods trains originating from Middlesbrough.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1