Chop Yat - The NER through the North York Moors.

Worsdell forever

This is all great stuff - coming along really well.

I've driven the road between Stokesley & Helmsley through Chop Gate a few times. It's a nice route, for sure, but I can't help but think that this line would have had some fearsome gradients, tunnels notwithstanding?

Mark

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, MarkC said:

This is all great stuff - coming along really well.

I've driven the road between Stokesley & Helmsley through Chop Gate a few times. It's a nice route, for sure, but I can't help but think that this line would have had some fearsome gradients, tunnels notwithstanding?

Mark

Yes, I don't think it would have been the easiest line to build, getting out of the top of the dale down clay Bank would have been a challenge. They overcame worse though. 

• Like 5

• RMweb Gold
22 minutes ago, Old Gringo said:

Looking great, Paul.

Your careful application of that W.S. Fine ballast and the weathering has made a superb job of this section.

Waiting to see how you tackle those turnouts next.

All the very best,

John 

The ones on board 3 are done the same as the plain track, currently on with painting the rails on board 1. 

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

Meanwhile progress on Castle Eden is at less than snails pace! I managed to do a bit of wagon bashing yesterday at the EM gauge Society local meeting

IMG-20231118-WA0013.jpeg.eb4a802e53e2567b35761f9ddda1ab4e.jpeg

Baz

Edited by Barry O
Spellung
  • Like 4

• RMweb Gold

As one whose layouts have yet to occupy more than one board, that's worth remembering ! 

Rob. 

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
On 19/11/2023 at 14:27, Barry O said:

Meanwhile progress on Castle Eden is at less than snails pace! I managed to do a bit of wagon bashing yesterday at the EM gauge Society local meeting

IMG-20231118-WA0013.jpeg.eb4a802e53e2567b35761f9ddda1ab4e.jpeg

Baz

Slaters little and large.

Before you go too far with that Midland 8-ton wagon, please can I point out that the bottom of the headstocks should be at the same level as the bottom of the solebars, per this picture I did for my MRJ 286 article (and by D299 topic passim). On the left is what happens if you push the headstock up against the floor; on the right is what it should look like. You do end up with the floor sitting about 0.8 mm to high, i.e. the interior depth a bit shallow, but that's only a problem id modelling an empty wagon.

Photo2Slaters4027endissueannotated.JPG.38606460017c32bc92aa15e97de0139f.JPG

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1