Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Peterborough North

great northern

• RMweb Premium

We have  two more views of Mallard this morning.

post-98-0-56549700-1489142068_thumb.jpg

post-98-0-08333400-1489142109_thumb.jpg

I'm not sure why I keep pointing the camera straight into the light at the moment. An awful lot of cropping is required just to get something like this. Any requests for when I go and take some more later?

• Like 18

We have  two more views of Mallard this morning.

attachicon.gif22 from gate.JPG

attachicon.gif22 inside.JPG

I'm not sure why I keep pointing the camera straight into the light at the moment. An awful lot of cropping is required just to get something like this. Any requests for when I go and take some more later?

You haven't treated us to a Claud for what feels like a thousand years! I feel deprived with all this Gresley focus...

Paul

Any requests for when I go and take some more later?

Now that we have seen the most prestigious member of one of, if not the most prestigious classes how about a short goods, perhaps between PN and PE (Peterborough East)?

SVRlad

• RMweb Gold

Now that we have seen the most prestigious member of one of, if not the most prestigious classes how about a short goods, perhaps between PN and PE (Peterborough East)?

SVRlad

I feel a J6 coming......at least it will if there is a God up there.

• RMweb Premium

All requests duly noted, and will be attended to when the sequence, and my knee, allow. The knee still doesn't like weight on it too often, but is improving. Coming up are the last pictures from a photoshoot several days ago, and feature the 5.52pm from KX, which will terminate here.

post-98-0-47896600-1489184598_thumb.jpg

I still try these blue skies occasionally, but am not convinced by them.

post-98-0-12967200-1489184660_thumb.jpg

End of journey, and the local V2 should not have been winded by a load comprising BCK SO SO BCK.

Edited by great northern
  • Like 17

Do look after your joints, I didn't, thinking I could go on forever, playing badminton and folk dancing.

Alas, my knees have gone on strike, one being replaced seven years ago by an incompetent surgeon which required two more ops to correct his mistakes. Other knee and both hips now playing up. It makes railway modelling a bit difficult, especially as I have been rejigging my layout over the last three years or so. I am not able to move baseboards on my own now, having to walk on two sticks, and it gets so frustrating.

Having said that, my modelling has kept me sane, and given me other things to think about than dodgy joints. A very supportive wife also helps so much and is really essential.

But there are worse conditions than mine, so in a warped way, perhaps I am lucky.

Keep up your good work on your superlative model.

Derek

• RMweb Gold

I do like that V2 Gilbert, what is its provenance if not too much trouble?

I have a thing about V2s at the moment and need to find an alternative for a decent one given the lack of a Bachmann revised version appearing any time soon.

Cheers

Tony

I have a thing about V2s at the moment and need to find an alternative for a decent one given the lack of a Bachmann revised version appearing any time soon.

Cheers

Tony

There's a new one Bachmann are soon to release, I think a revamped version.

http://www.hattons.co.uk/107345/Bachmann_Branchline_31_567_Class_V2_2_6_2_60881_in_BR_green_with_late_crest/StockDetail.aspx

SVRlad

• RMweb Premium

Cheers

Tony

It started as original Bachmann Tony, but quite a few years ago now Ian Rathbone did some alterations to improve it, and then gave it one of his lovely paint jobs, which in itself transformed the look of it. I know he replaced the chimney and dome,put a proper Cartazzi on, and maybe a bit more cosmetic work, but I don't now remember all the details. It was not, and quite rightly, a cheap option.

• RMweb Premium

There's a new one Bachmann are soon to release, I think a revamped version.

http://www.hattons.co.uk/107345/Bachmann_Branchline_31_567_Class_V2_2_6_2_60881_in_BR_green_with_late_crest/StockDetail.aspx

SVRlad

The key word there is "soon". At present, the V2 seems to be low on the list of priorities, and has made no progress through the tooling process, so far as I can see. There are plenty of us eagerly awaiting it, but I fear it may be a long wait still.

• RMweb Premium

When I went up to the railway yesterday, the sequence showed the next movement to be a short Class C parcels from East. This is a March duty, and usually a B17 is provided, but not today.

post-98-0-44584000-1489228380_thumb.jpg

Sorry about the position of the top lamp iron. These lovely little lamps seem to be a bit too difficult for my eyes to cope with at present.

post-98-0-55907700-1489228496_thumb.jpg

A near miss, this one, I think? Not quite what I wanted, but request 1 dealt with.

• Like 16

"the local V2 should not have been winded by a load comprising BCK SO SO BCK."   That one's a bit clean for a New England V2 is it not? Or are you using the same excuse as me - "not long out of works!".

Chaz

Hornby's Claud Hamilton does look a nice model, only trouble is I'd need a GE layout in order to have one

You're phrasing that as if it'd be a problem: when by doing so you'd get all those lovely Clauds, sweet J15s, and perhaps an occasional supremely elegant B12. And almost all the coaching stock you'd need is available RTR too!

What's not to - I was going to put "like", but I think I mean "love"?

Paul

• RMweb Premium

"the local V2 should not have been winded by a load comprising BCK SO SO BCK."   That one's a bit clean for a New England V2 is it not? Or are you using the same excuse as me - "not long out of works!".

Chaz

Yes, they weren't all filthy Chaz, and let's face it, what idiot would hide an Ian Rathbone paint job? Did you get my PM, by the way?