Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Peterborough North

great northern

Next we see the arrival of the 5.00pm from KX, another menial duty for a local Pacific.

attachicon.gif505 1.JPG

Those wagons do the job again. This shot looks all wrong without that "scenic break". The next one is very familiar, but worth revisiting now and again.

attachicon.gif505 2.JPG

Hi Gilbert

I must say I do like those shots you do of looking under the bridge, that is one very nice structure and a big congratulations to who ever made it for you.

And the locomotive in the picture is very good as well another Thompson special.

Regards

David

Edited by landscapes

Those wagons do the job again. This shot looks all wrong without that "scenic break". The next one is very familiar, but worth revisiting now and again.

Yes, they make quite a difference, a definite plus. Can I suggest that the next time you shoot a view like this you adjust things so that there is no visual gap between the end of the rake of wagons and the front of the loco (So you can't see the end of the rake)?

Chaz

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Yes, they make quite a difference, a definite plus. Can I suggest that the next time you shoot a view like this you adjust things so that there is no visual gap between the end of the rake of wagons and the front of the loco (So you can't see the end of the rake)?

Chaz

The problem is that I haven't quite got enough yet Chaz. I juggled things around on this, but couldn't get it quite right. If I moved the loco up a bit to close that gap, it started to merge with the underside of the bridge, and if I moved the wagons along to close the gap that end, another one appeared at the other. The problem will cease to exist shortly though, as his duckiness has offered me some that he doesn't need any more, and he will, all being well, be visiting next week.

We've just seen one New England Pacific engaged on menial duties, and almost immediately another appears. Duke of Rothesay has another local from Grantham, but at least it gets a slightly more respectable load behind the tender.

attachicon.gifDuke 1.JPG

moments later, the two locos meet.

attachicon.gifDuke and 505.JPG

Ballast colour looks spot on in these two pictures. 

• RMweb Premium

Hi Gilbert

I must say I do like those shots you do of looking under the bridge, that is one very nice structure and a big congratulations to who ever made it for you.

And the locomotive in the picture is very good as well another Thompson special.

Regards

David

The two stalwarts were involved David. Peter Leyland made the bridge, and Tim did the Thompson.

• RMweb Premium

We ended up at Weston Super Mare, took a trip back to Temple Meads to see Westerns, Got summarily ejected from Bath Road Depot...only place I've ever been sworn at before I could even ask permission to go round. Running foreman must have been having a bad day.

Bath Road was a fortress with the most aggressive foreman I ever encountered. Maybe he had had incidents there or maybe he/they was/were just 'orrible anyway?

St Phillip's marsh was great and Barrow Road wasn't too bad.

Phil 

• RMweb Premium

Tonight we are going to watch the Holme pick up as it travels along the Down slow.

post-98-0-79997100-1526679274_thumb.jpg

This features another triumph for the camera. I couldn't believe that lamp beneath the buffer beam when I saw the image, and when I picked up the loco up I couldn't at first see it. It had somehow managed to attach itself to the chassis some way back, but of course the camera gleefully spots it and makes it look obvious. It is not there any more.

post-98-0-90667700-1526679525_thumb.jpg

Even worse on the second one, but they are otherwise nice shots that didn't need photoshopping, so we will have to try to ignore it.

• Like 12

G'Day Folks

Sorry 'G' I couldn't help but give a laugh when I saw the lamp under the loco, bits fall off, and half the time we don't know where they go, I found a set (one) of steps off of a loco whilst cleaning the track, but every loco has all there steps, so no idea where it's come from, think I'll have to build another loco for it.  :nono:

manna

• Like 4

We ended up at Weston Super Mare, took a trip back to Temple Meads to see Westerns, Got summarily ejected from Bath Road Depot...only place I've ever been sworn at before I could even ask permission to go round. Running foreman must have been having a bad day.

Ha,

Bradshaw's guide has very few kind things to say about W-s-M (FWIW; my birthplace) and I suspect would have even fewer for an offal plant east of Doncaster if it was there back then. I'd have been asking for a refund as you surely got a raw deal (sorry for the pun!)

Colin

Edited by BWsTrains

Not sure about this. What do you think?

attachicon.gifN5 front.JPG

Excellent shot. Just one little niggle - it would look even better if that line of wagons seemed to continue - the N5's smokebox should fully overlap them. The very presence of a gap draws ones attention to the blank edge that you have put the wagons there to deal with.

Chaz

Edited by chaz

Bath Road was a fortress with the most aggressive foreman I ever encountered. Maybe he had had incidents there or maybe he/they was/were just 'orrible anyway?

Phil

Phil

In slightly more recent years, Crofty at Immingham shed was as bad. Used to tell you to clear off, then one day he followed us back to the exit, having second-guessed our plan 'b', and before we'd gone 20 yards alongside the gas pipes to get what numbers we could from outside, off railway property, he told us to clear off from there, too. .

In slightly more recent years, Crofty at Immingham shed was as bad. Used to tell you to clear off, then one day he followed us back to the exit, having second-guessed our plan 'b', and before we'd gone 20 yards alongside the gas pipes to get what numbers we could from outside, off railway property, he told us to clear off from there, too. .

• RMweb Premium

Excellent shot. Just one little niggle - it would look even better if that line of wagons seemed to continue - the N5's smokebox should fully overlap them. The very presence of a gap draws ones attention to the blank edge that you have put the wagons there to deal with.

Chaz

More on the way shortly Chaz. A £3000 quote for relining my leaking pond has forced a slight change of priorities in the short term.