Peterborough North

great northern

• RMweb Premium
13 hours ago, Metropolitan H said:

My vote is for Knaresborough - still a very pleasent station.

The alternative would be Church Fenton - a real expansive hub station - but not as attractive.

Regards

Chris H

A nice afternoon drive to take the children rowing on the river. Plompton/Plumpton Rocks near Spofforth was also a nice spot. Not changing my vote though.

Gilbert,

can you get at the Pump and place a screwdriver against it and your ear to the handle of the screwdriver, to hear if the pump is working. The system could use gravity to heat the Hot water and the pump for the rads. Knowing when your house was roughly built, that is a possibility.  ( I don't mean house was built in a rough manner!) If you can't hear the punp running a slight tap (With a Hammer) on the front may be the answer. This may or may not work. The proper way to do it is to remove the small cover and spin the rotar by hand. Since the pump has not been working for about six months it sometimes just get slightly stuck and a gentle Tap (Bang) might just be the answer.

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Metropolitan H said:

My vote goes for Alne - change for the Easingwold Railway.

If Alne is discounted - on the basis that it is a junction (?) - the alternative would have to be Danby Wiske, because I like the name!

Regards

Chris H

A junction, but a small wayside station nevertheless, so that one is OK.

• RMweb Premium

Hi Gilbert,

Seeing that Bristol LS reminds me. When you visited last year I dug out a Bristol MW coach in Eastern Counties livery to give to you and then forgot to do so.

Last week I thought "Ah the coach I was going to give Gilbert, must take it on Friday". It is still sitting where I placed it last year.

Edited by Clive Mortimore
  • Funny 4
  • Friendly/supportive 4

19 minutes ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Hi Gilbert,

Seeing that Bristol LS reminds me. When you visited last year I dug out a Bristol MW coach in Eastern Counties livery to give to you and then forgot to do so.

Last week I though "Ah the coach I was going to give Gilbert, must take it on Friday". It is still sitting where I placed it last year.

Don't worry Clive, its an age thing mate.:)

• Agree 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium

Not many votes in this poll, but Pilmoor got 3, nearly half of them, and wins.

Today, we travel on from Newcastle to Edinburgh, to choose the most evocative wayside station on that spectacular route. Not Alnmouth  though please, it has had its turn already. Plenty more to choose from though.

Now we come to what I may have missed. Are there any more of the cross country lines which you would like to see included? There are plenty about which I know very little.