Peterborough North

great northern

1 hour ago, great northern said:

A new arrival at PN today. Strictly speaking, it should not be here, but I'm not quite that strict. I thought it would be good to be able to reflect the full 20th century development of ECML power, so I now have a C1, the Pacifics, and their final replacement. Pinza and the C1 will be seen only occasionally, but Deltics did roar through the old PN for a few years, so with a full rake of maroon stock behind, that will happen now and then. Whichever I chose would have been wrong, so I decided to go a little further into their lives, and have a named one.

Brilliant model, and startlingly good presentation and packaging. It will go to Tim, who will know where to put all the bits I can hardly see, and just give it a slight patina of wear.

1062143391_2deltic2.thumb.JPG.46aaa58b077c49c8a5feab70b9933455.JPG1551360600_1deltic1.thumb.JPG.9152d7cbf71ad14b24bce4d977ca435a.JPG

Hi Gilbert

Very nice model, is it a Bachmann Deltic?

Regards

David

• RMweb Premium
53 minutes ago, landscapes said:

Hi Gilbert

Very nice model, is it a Bachmann Deltic?

Regards

David

No, as Jonathan says above it is Accurascale, and a great deal better than anything which has been available before, in my opinion anyway.

• Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 1

2 hours ago, great northern said:

A new arrival at PN today. Strictly speaking, it should not be here, but I'm not quite that strict. I thought it would be good to be able to reflect the full 20th century development of ECML power, so I now have a C1, the Pacifics, and their final replacement. Pinza and the C1 will be seen only occasionally, but Deltics did roar through the old PN for a few years, so with a full rake of maroon stock behind, that will happen now and then. Whichever I chose would have been wrong, so I decided to go a little further into their lives, and have a named one.

Brilliant model, and startlingly good presentation and packaging. It will go to Tim, who will know where to put all the bits I can hardly see, and just give it a slight patina of wear.

1062143391_2deltic2.thumb.JPG.46aaa58b077c49c8a5feab70b9933455.JPG1551360600_1deltic1.thumb.JPG.9152d7cbf71ad14b24bce4d977ca435a.JPG

That is lovely!

• Agree 4

No, as Jonathan says above it is Accurascale, and a great deal better than anything which has been available before, in my opinion anyway.

Hi Gilbert

Its still a stunning model, I did not know accurascale supplied a Deltic, certainly one to consider as like you I am modelling 1957/58 but will make an exception to have a Deltic of that quality and I believe Deltic’s were at Haymarket in 1961/62 period.

Regards

David 

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, landscapes said:

Hi Gilbert

Its still a stunning model, I did not know accurascale supplied a Deltic, certainly one to consider as like you I am modelling 1957/58 but will make an exception to have a Deltic of that quality and I believe Deltic’s were at Haymarket in 1961/62 period.

Regards

David 

Bad news I'm afraid David. I've checked Accurascale website, and all versions seem to be sold out.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
5 hours ago, St Enodoc said:

Wow! HSTs next?

That's a step too far for me. I regard them, excellent as they are, as units, not locomotives. They did carry on the ECML tradition when they had that lovely original blue livery and LNER brand though.

• Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
19 hours ago, great northern said:

Mine’s due today - the same version but with sound which is supposed to be very good. I can’t wait!

Edited by thegreenhowards

• RMweb Premium
7 minutes ago, thegreenhowards said:

Mine’s due today - the same version but with sound which is supposed to be very good. I can’t wait!

You will not be disappointed Andy, and I'll be interested to hear your views on how it is presented and packaged.

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, great northern said:

That's a step too far for me. I regard them, excellent as they are, as units, not locomotives. They did carry on the ECML tradition when they had that lovely original blue livery and LNER brand though.

Fair enough. Just skip straight to the 91s then.

• Agree 2

A V2 close up to start the day. That is followed by the morning Cleethorpes-KX, which runs on a Saturday only eighteen minutes after the Grimsby express. Was there really that much traffic on the E.Lincs back then?

1141369520_7924close.thumb.JPG.50fb9da530fcb6f4e81007c3d9bfa1f0.JPG647195144_210791.thumb.JPG.bf713811268f1e91ded3cc2e31ef9cfa.JPG

A reflection of “What there once was.” Social mobility, foreign package holidays and the rise of the car.

Nowadays, it is a service of 4 car Sprinters and Class 180’s

Paul

• Like 2