Peterborough North

great northern

Hi Gilbert 

I hope you, and indeed any of the followers here, can help me with inspiration for the design of the new layout while making sure it matches Mrs. Smith's constraints!

I've posted more info on the Waverley Thread ( http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/73196-waverley-shed-somewhere-in-edinburgh/page-4&do=findComment&comment=1605940) do if anyone can give me some help it will be much appreciated.

Hope you're enjoying the golf course this weekend!

Peter

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

A bit over golfed actually. Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday at Chesterfield- they have lots of hills there :( , mainly the upward variety, and back home on Saturday, so absolutely, shall we say tired out, by Saturday evening. Sunday in front of television, and time well spent, watching our American friends getting stuffed, again. Back to it again today though, off for a lesson, during which the professional was heard to say to me" that's the best shot I've ever seen you play, and I've known you over twenty years." :happy_mini: :dance_mini:  Only the one though....but it does show that practice and effort can pay off.

• Like 2

Afternoon Chaps,

Well I've finally caught up, I took several weeks away from work and from the daily grind of operating loco's.

In order to -

A ) Visit the Railway museum in Bassendean.

B )Follow some of the remnants of the old WAGR Mainline from the Swan View Tunnel to Chidlows well. (Those from West Australia will know where I mean)

C ) Finally Finish reading all 252 Pages of this magnificent thread.

Somewhat of a Busmans Holiday you might say.

Over the last 252 Pages I have been Educated in all manner of things (not just railway related) I have been impressed, excited, been made to laugh and have felt sad.

It has been like a magnificent book that has been hard to put down and that evolves day to day.

I look forward to continuing to keep abreast of what the motley crew (I mean that with utmost respect) of regular contributors have to say here in the future.

To Gilbert, thankyou for letting us peek into your world, it has been most enlightening.

To Mr Duck, You are a very naughty boy - but keep up the good work :mosking:

Most importantly I have come to the conclusion that even with the benefit of Rose coloured glasses, the railways of Yesterday seem so much better than those of Today.

Also that Golf seems very hard, what with hail, thunderstorms, lost Balls  etc etc. Any Ideas I ever had about buying some golf bats have been well and truly been knocked on the head.

My sincere gratitude to all those who have posted here, I have my Yeadon's and the like but you fine gentlemen have thrown a new light on the way I interpret what I read.

Kindest Regards Ted

PS. just like to add that this is one of my favourite PN pictures, an absolute beauty. Well worth putting up again.

post-98-0-19796700-1390160199_thumb_zps6

Edited by The Blue Streak
  • Like 8

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon Ted (however it is 09.10 here and it is pi**ing down just now!)

Thank you for you kind words re Duck. Perhaps, like you, I have P North and friends as somewhere to go when I'm not on 'top form' or want some inspiration?

I find this and some other threads to be excellent entertainment and highly informative.

If I ever get my BRSR train set sorted I just hope I can remember everything and get it more or less 'right' and if it can 'entertain' half as much as PN does then I'll be a happy Duck

Never been to Aus and never likely to but I presume you are now getting into summer mode? Have fun, enjoy your modelling and never forget.........life is too short, especially when trying to learn Golf :sarcastichand: or identify coaches.

Sincerely,

meDuck of 36E (ex 72A)

• RMweb Gold

That's an awful lot of practice for one good shot isn't it?

I am not a golfer, but used to caddy in my yoof, so know a little about the psyche needed for this infuriating pastime.

After a bad round, a golfer will shake his head & say something like "I only hit two good balls all day - and that was when I stood on a rake!"

• RMweb Premium

I am not a golfer, but used to caddy in my yoof, so know a little about the psyche needed for this infuriating pastime.

After a bad round, a golfer will shake his head & say something like "I only hit two good balls all day - and that was when I stood on a rake!"

I use to caddy as well when I was young. Coat pockets would have balls of most leading makes in them. It was quite odd that the caddies would always find the ball in the rough  :scratchhead: 

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I use to caddy as well when I was young. Coat pockets would have balls of most leading makes in them. It was quite odd that the caddies would always find the ball in the rough  :scratchhead:

Well, of course this could not happen these days, as golfers are required to mark their balls before play starts, and identify them to their playing partners. This happens even when there are ladies around. :O

• RMweb Premium

Good morning Gilbert,

Was great to see you again yesterday and have the utmost pleasure of chatting with you and seeing Peterborough again; it will never cease to impress me.

Bacup signalbox was well travelled yesterday, being sat first on the M&GN at Little Bytham and then in the yard at Peterborough North.

See you soon, either up in Bingley or down at yours.

Cheers,

Jason.

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

Good morning Gilbert,

Was great to see you again yesterday and have the utmost pleasure of chatting with you and seeing Peterborough again; it will never cease to impress me.

Bacup signalbox was well travelled yesterday, being sat first on the M&GN at Little Bytham and then in the yard at Peterborough North.

See you soon, either up in Bingley or down at yours.

Cheers,

Jason.

Morning Gilbert.

Can I add my thanks and comments to those of Jason. It was a real pleasure to meet you and your wonderful layout yesterday. I'm certainly looking forward to a return visit and to see the train schedule out of Peterborough at least partially fulfilled!

Many thanks for your hospitality. I've included an action shot from yesterday. You can write your own caption, but I think the gesture was something to do with DCC!!

post-13778-0-40347000-1412677015_thumb.jpg

Best wishes, 

Jeff

• Like 14

• RMweb Premium

Morning Gilbert.

Can I add my thanks and comments to those of Jason. It was a real pleasure to meet you and your wonderful layout yesterday. I'm certainly looking forward to a return visit and to see the train schedule out of Peterborough at least partially fulfilled!

Many thanks for your hospitality. I've included an action shot from yesterday. You can write your own caption, but I think the gesture was something to do with DCC!!

attachicon.gifDSCF1391PN.jpg

Best wishes, 

Jeff

That's what happens when you allow guests to take photographs. :jester:  What's the safest reply? Ah yes, " I refuse to answer, on the ground that it may incriminate me". Actually, I've always wanted to use that one. Was it the mention of DCC though? Could have been several things.

Anyway, good to meet you, and to renew acquaintance with Jason. That signal box is a lovely bit of work, and I'll say on here what I said last night, it looks right at home next to Peter Leyland's creations, and I can't think of higher praise than that. I shall look forward to seeing you both again, when you may have more time, and not have to be starting back up the motorway quite so late on in the evening. And who knows, I might even stop talking long enough to run a train... or even two. :swoon:

• Like 5

attachicon.gif

This is what happens when you suggest Little Bytham should go DCC!!!!!!

Ian