Peterborough North

great northern

• RMweb Gold

Oh wow! That last photo' has taken my breath away! It is so 'right'. The new bit of board is going to make for such realistic photo's from now on  -you can see across the tracks in such a way that it is as if you have been standing on the ground taking that photo'. And that Gresley D.175 carriage is superb too, I can remember traveling in one to Bridlington back in the early sixties, and how comfortable even the second class compartments were.

Best regards,

Rob.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I shall confess to a spectacular senior moment. :blush_mini: This morning I visted Trackshack's website to find out how much Peco bullhead they have in stock, which is quite a lot. Nevertheless I decided to get an order in, but first I went up and checked the length involved, and calculated how much I needed. The order was then placed, but something kept niggling in the back of my mind. Eventually the penny dropped. My railway room is not 25 yards long, though I wish it was. It is 25 feet long. This means I have ordered, shall we say, rather more than I need. A phone call to the Isle of Man was answered by none other than our N5 enthusiast Neil, who corrected it for me very quickly, so all is well.

Trains have run and photographs have been taken from new and exciting angles, so we had better get rid of some of the old ones which are in the image store.

post-98-0-85379700-1523365420_thumb.jpg

I took this to see how much easier photoshopping at this end might actually turn out to be, and got a pleasant surprise. Even the little hut turned out to be doable, though it is better not to zoom in on it too far. The platform signal has jumped out of its slot again though. Then we have another of the new views.

post-98-0-66109100-1523365754_thumb.jpg

In addition to the signal which has been moved, there is also a small new wall lamp. I've also noticed that the porter has moved, but I didn't move him. What goes on when I'm not up there, I wonder?

• Like 19

• RMweb Premium

G'Day Folks

Will you be powering up the 'New' Midland lines, can we expect to see a old 3F shunting a few wagons about ??

manna

No, purely cosmetic. They were just sidings, after all. I suppose I could pose a loco on there occasionally though.

• Like 2

Are! More lovely photos of this amazing model. I cannot get over how realistic it is. The views from both bridges, the approach road and the station platforms are so accurate. I am finding that I am looking for myself among the spotters!

Thanks for all your (and other's) efforts.

Lloyd

I have a few more views of general scenery, so I'll get those out of the way, then go back to recording the passing trains as usual. You've seen this one as taken, but I decided to shop it and see what came out, which was this.

attachicon.gifnew view.JPG

The shopping does enhance it, I think. Then I have two scenes taken from the bridges. Crescent Bridge first.

attachicon.giffrom bridge 2.JPG

and then Spital Bridge. Even with the extended baseboard I can still get down here, just. Some contortions are required though, so it may become an occasional view.

attachicon.giffrom spital bridge.JPG

This shows the need for yet more small improvements, but that's all right, it will keep my interest going. Finally, another shot from the new bit of baseboard, showing the South end unencumbered by trains.

attachicon.gifnew view 2.JPG

Just getting that little bit further away does seem to enhance it somewhat.

The third shot is epic!!!!

chris.

• RMweb Premium

I've had another good session today, and as I'm champing at the bit to start showing some of the images which have become possible, I shall resist no longer. Here is the 2.52 pm relief Newcastle, headed by Grantham's A3 Doncaster.

post-98-0-30989500-1523457133_thumb.jpg

• Like 19

• RMweb Premium

Phil,

I was beginning to think you had emigrated or worse you were ill.  My final thought was that you were residing in Ranby if you know what I mean.

Regards,Derek.

Thanks Derek. I'm not really 'ill' but I do have a set of 'chronic' conditions that are difficult to deal with at times. My mobility is impaired at the moment; maybe it is the cold and damp here at 36E?

Phil

I've had another good session today, and as I'm champing at the bit to start showing some of the images which have become possible, I shall resist no longer. Here is the 2.52 pm relief Newcastle, headed by Grantham's A3 Doncaster.

attachicon.gif48 1.JPG

Whose parentage is the thompson?

Thanks 

• RMweb Premium

Thanks Derek. I'm not really 'ill' but I do have a set of 'chronic' conditions that are difficult to deal with at times. My mobility is impaired at the moment; maybe it is the cold and damp here at 36E?

Phil

It's cold and damp everywhere Phil. Seven degrees here, feels like four with the wind chill, and a steady soaking drizzle. We get better days in January. It's no wonder that joints ache, mine certainly do. Still, if the forecast is to be believed, temperatures should double, or more, by the weekend, and we may even see some sunshine, but not until 7.00pm on Saturday.

• Like 2

Phil

Phil,

That's a shame mate, I hope your soon feeling better. I know how you feel,I was diagnosed with C.I.D.P. a form of  MS in 2005, but I was told in September 2017 that the illness C.I.D.P. is not in fact a form of MS which is very good news. Not that it makes me feel any better,but Hey Ho that,s life. .Look after yourself mate and all the best from 34F.

Derek.

• RMweb Premium

Phil,

That's a shame mate, I hope your soon feeling better. I know how you feel,I was diagnosed with C.I.D.P. a form of  MS in 2005, but I was told in September 2017 that the illness C.I.D.P. is not in fact a form of MS which is very good news. Not that it makes me feel any better,but Hey Ho that,s life. .Look after yourself mate and all the best from 34F.

Derek.

Very kind and thoughtful. You take care too D.

Phil 

• RMweb Premium

Will I get mugged if I say we had blue skies and the car said 18 degrees this afternoon in the 'Bay (Torbay that is)

Mind, about 3 weeks ago we had more snow here than oop north!

oh all right then, cold and damp nearly everywhere. The East Midlands are not the place to be when the wind is coming off the North sea.

• RMweb Premium

You'll have to bear with me for a while, as I've been taking loads of pictures of every train, just to try different things. This is very similar to the last one, but I've zoomed in on it.

post-98-0-36208300-1523481655_thumb.jpg

Then I've had another go at 60048 from the opposite angle.

post-98-0-57222700-1523481726_thumb.jpg

There's a bus on the bridge! Who put that there?

• Like 19

• RMweb Gold

They are looking so good, Gilbert. The sense of space is so important in the illusion of reallity, and that is something that most of us don't have. That extension is so important, it makes it all so real from those angles, and is now enabling you to capture that illusion so very well. Please keep posting those photo's. I love them.

Best regards,

Rob.