Revolution announce 320/321 in 00

newbryford

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Revolution Mike said:

The early 321/3s are different (small and medium windows behind the DTCO cab) to the later 321/3s and /4s.  Our model's starting point is the 321/4 which has two medium sized windows behind the DTSO (same as both DTSO on a 320 and 321/9) and a small and large window behind the cab on the DTCO.

The 322s were unique in having a medium then small window on the DTCO (ie opposite way round to a 321/3).

As a minimum there will be NSE, LM, Saltire and SPT orange liveries.  We hope to be able to offer more!

Cheers Mike

Crimson and cream on the 320 please . Then you’d have the matching set 

• RMweb Gold

During the period the 321s were replacing the 317s on the WCML, there were some interesting combinations.

Here, 321403 and 317335 form the 0656 Bletchley to Euston service on 1 August 1989.

My photos.

Photo727371643918_inner_196-207-565-207-199-754-560-754.jpg.2bdd29ab8664a5387bf1670190a2fc5e.jpg

Photo727371662031_inner_190-203-577-203-190-777-571-777.jpg.bba88c3f8de849f433f8549cb8aa8b93.jpg

• Like 14

These start to fill a gaping great hole in the market.

As a passenger, I never liked them. The seats were uncomfortable, too small & low. I would always choose the alternative where possible, whether it was the 309s, Intercity Mk2s, Mk3As, Pendolinos or 350s.

But as a modeller, this is exactly what I want: An everyday commuter unit which ran through the location I am modelling, a common train which most of us would usually ignore when we saw it.

This is from a family of similar units which cover a wide range of areas over a reasonably long time frame.

• Like 3
  • Agree 2

Superb news and many thanks to Revolution not only for bringing out the 320/321 model but more importantly for listening to modellers. I’m aware that it is not cost effective to produce everything for everyone but the guys have really listened and delivered to their customers. Some Strathclyde and Saltire versions will be ordered by myself.

Edited by puffmeister-general
  • Like 4
  • Agree 1

Very exciting announcement - I also would opt for the Silverlink livery but the London Midland livery will sit well alongside the Bachmann 350 - so happy with that

Can't imagine these will be cheap - and normally don't pre-order but on the back of their other recent models, happy to do so on this occasion.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, letterspider said:

Can't imagine these will be cheap - and normally don't pre-order but on the back of their other recent models, happy to do so on this occasion.

The website does actually say,

“The models are likely to be priced in line with our other 00 unit models at around £300 for the 3-car Class 320 and £350 for the 4-car Class 321, with DCC Sound etc around £100 extra, and we will be opening the pre-order book shortly to enable customers to reserve their models.”

• Like 2

12 hours ago, XChris said:

The website does actually say,

“The models are likely to be priced in line with our other 00 unit models at around £300 for the 3-car Class 320 and £350 for the 4-car Class 321, with DCC Sound etc around £100 extra, and we will be opening the pre-order book shortly to enable customers to reserve their models.”

Which I think in this day and age is a great price really... you pay £300 for a twin HST pack from Hornby alone. (not to mention their IEP prices...)

• Like 2
  • Agree 7

YES!

yes!

YES!

revolution makes me happy again. I’ll have one of each livery variant that ran in Scotland pls… SPT orange, SPT burgundy/cream, saltire… anything else?  I have the OHLE on my Glasgow layout already in place and waiting.

who’s gonna do the 303 and 314 and 318….?

• Like 2
  • Agree 3

• RMweb Gold
On 22/02/2024 at 18:45, Pete the Elaner said:

These start to fill a gaping great hole in the market.

As a passenger, I never liked them. The seats were uncomfortable, too small & low. I would always choose the alternative where possible, whether it was the 309s, Intercity Mk2s, Mk3As, Pendolinos or 350s.

But as a modeller, this is exactly what I want: An everyday commuter unit which ran through the location I am modelling, a common train which most of us would usually ignore when we saw it.

This is from a family of similar units which cover a wide range of areas over a reasonably long time frame.

I was beginning to think I was the only one who didn't liked the damned things.

I'd buy a Sims edition 😜

Hadn’t seen this, but very pleased! Great choice. Have ridden on the real things quite literally hundreds of times in East Anglia, whether for trips to London, getting to college, then later commuting for work or on my way to see family dotted all over East Anglia. Always used to make a beeline for the pantograph area and enjoy the scream of the traction motors, very much missed. 

I have only modelled East Anglian steam to date, but I think I’ll have to build a small Southminster-inspired layout just for this, and get a sound version.

Special request from me for something East Anglian liveried in the first batch please, would absolutely love FGE but would also be happy with NXEA or Greater Anglia liveries.

And if not, if you do Silverlink or LM in the first batch, any chance of choosing a Silverlink set between 321421-437 (321415/416 also went on hire in Silverlink livery) or one of 321411/417 in London Midland please, as these operated out of Liverpool Street in those liveries at various times.

Very pleased, and hope it sells well! 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, NXEA! said:

Hadn’t seen this, but very pleased! Great choice. Have ridden on the real things quite literally hundreds of times in East Anglia, whether for trips to London, getting to college, then later commuting for work or on my way to see family dotted all over East Anglia. Always used to make a beeline for the pantograph area and enjoy the scream of the traction motors, very much missed. 

I have read several times that the GE was well represented in model form. Not for the last 60 years though; it was (one of?) the first major route(s) to be given OLE & services have been dominated by EMUs ever since, none of which have been produced RTR.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

Excellent choice, used to cab these regularly when based in Rugby. Always found them to be good riders. Fond memories including one spirited run through Kilsby Tunnel when the HNR’s were closed. The potential for Revolution from here is endless. Can’t wait for the order book to open, I’ll need a few. 

• Like 2

Excellent choice!

I've only just come across this announcement. I feel you missed a trick by not announcing it at Model Rail Scotland last weekend considering one of the few 320's to be named was named Model Rail Scotland!

I look forward to getting a few for my layout!

• RMweb Premium
4 minutes ago, scottrains29 said:

Excellent choice!

I've only just come across this announcement. I feel you missed a trick by not announcing it at Model Rail Scotland last weekend considering one of the few 320's to be named was named Model Rail Scotland!

I look forward to getting a few for my layout!

They announced it just ahead of Model Rail Scotland . There was a poster about it on their stand but order book not yet open . I was hoping for a Crimson Cream 320 but apparently the n one , available I think through AMRSS took a bit longer to sell than the others . So if you want a crimson cream one better let them know 

2 hours ago, Legend said:

They announced it just ahead of Model Rail Scotland . There was a poster about it on their stand but order book not yet open . I was hoping for a Crimson Cream 320 but apparently the n one , available I think through AMRSS took a bit longer to sell than the others . So if you want a crimson cream one better let them know 

Thanks, yeah unfortunately I didn't make it to their stand as I was unaware of their 00 announcement. I'm sure others probably missed it too.

Last year Accurascale generated loads of excitement before and during the show as people waited for their big reveal at 10am.

Anyway, I'm sure a crimson & cream 320 in 00 would sell very well. Previous 00 DMU's from other manufacturers in this colour scheme have sold well.

Scotrail now also have class 320/4 units that were originally 321's with their small/large side windows after the cab, as opposed to the usual double small side windows on the other 320's. This would add extra variety for modellers!

• RMweb Gold

A bit too late for my Ipswich layout but sorely tempted nonetheless. If the Dutch livery one appears that would be a definite!

Andi

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1