The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold

"Flies spread disease. Keep yours buttoned!"

Peter and Ivy (passim) were on Marco Polo for that voyage from Tilbury. They had not paid an enormous amount, and the food reflected that. The crew were Russian. There are cultural differences. On Christmas Day Pete opted for steak and was well-pleased. Those choosing traditional fayre less so. You have been warned.

My neighbours said the cabin and restaurant crew were Romanian. They didn't mention the sailors nationality. 

Edited by Tony_S

• RMweb Premium

Good evening.

Today was a Groudle Glen day of course, the re-lay progressing well with rails laid and re-sleepered, pandrols in, all ready for ballasting then packing and tweaking into place.  The we decided to change a point in the main that leads to the carriage shed as we got a couple of good second hand ones from the Ffest.....crikey it was heavy!  It is placed now but there is going to have to be some major re-alignment next week!

The crew today....NHN in suspiciously ex-police looking yellow hi-viz.  Everyone else....not!

post-10195-0-09979400-1422817379_thumb.jpg

• Like 19

• RMweb Gold

Love the hit by mistake button. Could be a favourite one for me!!!

I can understand there being a 'Hit by mistake button' but what happens if you feel like deliberately punching someone?

• RMweb Premium

ER to Stafford was a very enjoyable day out, even the M6 behaved itself. Only downside of the trip was the 25 min detour round to the wrong side of Preston to pick up and drop off my big bro - next time, he's driving to mine.

Very stupid ER tomorrow as wifey is off to Portugal for 5 days and I'm on airport taxi duty for a 0530 check-in.

Daughter can complain as much as she wants, but Deadman's Lane will be put up in the kitchen so I can work on it in my spare time until Friday.

Cheers,

Mick

• Like 16

• RMweb Gold

We had a good run up to Stafford on LMR on Friday and this evening the layout was down and loaded in just over 35 minutes, Phatbob dropped us off at the station and a good run on Virgin back into Euston on time.

A swift transfer on the Victoria line to Victoria where our train home was short formation so it was packed and the guard declassified first class. At least he tried a little humour about his wife even struggling to get 12 into 8!!!

Meanwhile Martin is probably home in North Wales Phatbob back in Warrington and Mike is somewhere between Stafford and home with the layout. Hope he has a good run.

ps thanks for the hit by mistake likes in my previous post.

Oh and it's just started snowing here in Redhill

Edited by roundhouse
  • Like 10

Family game of Cluedo this afternoon.

Players included my 90-year-old mother who had forgotten the rules and was a little shaky on strategy and bluffing.

Other players included my 7-year-old son who has a tendency to lay his cards out for everyone to see....

After about 45 minutes of play, with most of us going round in circles and much head scratching, the youngest player decides to make an "accusation". 

"Hang on a minute", says he as he examines the cards, "Kitchen & Study & lead piping and no suspect."

The moral of the story would seem to be deal carefully and blame the nearest plumber! 

Evening all,

Just stopping by to warn everyone that I am not yet gone/deceased/banned/excommunicated....

Mrs iD and Wolfpack safely ensconced in holiday hovel, I get to sleep through the night (no 2am demands from the "Dowager Duchess") have a short working day tomorrow and get some modelling and RMWeb catch up going.

Have a great evening

iD

• Like 15

Evening all,

Short post tonight as I'm rather tired after painting all the coving I fitted this week. Only the touching in of the wall colour now and we can arrange for the new carpet to be fitted.

Bit of unexpected expense this weekend as the combi boiler (6.5 years old) started losing pressure and thus knocking out the heating which meant I had to frequently re-pressurise it. Luckily, the plumbers who fitted it are a family run business who as old customers of mine bought several vans from me for their fleet. One of the owners, who I've known for some eighteen years, popped in on Friday to diagnose the problem and appeared with his thirteen year old son today to fit the faulty parts. All back in working order for the princely sum of £260.00 inclusive for a job that British Gas charged our brother-in-law over £500.00! No call out fee and a charge little more than the parts cost - it truly is a case of 'who you know!'

Got to go and see Dracula's daughter tomorrow, preparing for Thursday's chemo consultation - where did that month go?

Hope Monday isn't too painful for all of you,

Kind regards,

Jock.

G'night Pete! G'night all!

Edited by Jock67B

• RMweb Premium

Long day of enjoyable cricket... but it was getting a tad nippy by close of play.

Interesting watching Trolls at work.... if they don't like RMWeb why don't they stay in their own forums and leave the rest of us alone..... bit of nifty work by AndyY to sort this one out!

Have a good sleep everyone... see you in the morning all being well.

baz

• Like 4

Morning all, Just installed ink scape and thought I would use this time while the house is quiet to have a look at Mike Trice's tutorial on using it.  Question can some one really be to old to get to grips with a modern computer program like this because just reading through the tutorial (Very well presented by the way) scares me to bits.

Edited by Londontram

Morning  all,   still feeling  a bit under the weather - went to bed around 2pm  -  woke at 6 this morning. ! 

Not had chance yet to go back over the last few pages, 

Lets hope we all have a good day?

Trev

• Like 1