Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from a sunny robin hoods bay!

WiFi not good so only half caught up.

Egg to be flung, wads to be eaten b-b-qs to attend.. Busy day!

Smithy metfor!main doesn't like rich foods for me either.

I am beginning to think there is a deliberate policy of people from another forum trying to get people like beast and mike to leave rmweb...they tried with me too!

Sad really...can't speak to you in person so have a go on here. Stay calm guys!

Have a great Easter Sunday!

Baz

• RMweb Gold

Good morning all,

Some sunshine at the moment and will be mainly cloudy but dry for most of the day with some more brightness possible later.

Lull before the storm here at GB Towers whilst last minute preparations are being made (by The Boss) before family arrive at midday.

Meanwhile I appear to be redundant.  :imsohappy:

Coffee I think...

Have a good one,

Bob.

PS See Debs is checking for smut  :yes:

PPS She'll start on railway stuff next! :jester:

Edited by grandadbob
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I've often wondered how people who live in certain towns cope with profanity filters.

Pratt's Bottom is quite mild.  Clitheroe, Penistone and Scunthorpe have been known to cause problems.  The wee Scots hamlet of Knocken$hag will surely do so if I don't replace the critical letter "s"  ;)

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land. Tex, 'Coast' is one of my favourite programs and it might interest you to know that the current series is doing Australia, I've missed a couple of programs but it seems that they are doing the south coast at the moment. They've done the Belgium/Holland coast and the Irish coast as well IIRC.

• RMweb Premium

Morning all, just for a change I have done a little modelling before writing on here. My 4'x2' baseboard has a small yard laid out on it not fixed as yet but looks a lot like Croft only with more area to play with outside the tracks. It is P4 so will have to run three era's. The smears have started in the election I see, why do politicians think child like behaviour is a good vote winner? Enough of that I hope we can have a positive report on Ian and Louise today and a bit of sunshine in everybody's life.

• RMweb Gold

Morning all,

And no need to worry Jock as it's nothing at all to do with the folks of this friendly little haven

Regrettably the person involved has a habit of jumping into threads where questions have already been accurately answered and spouting total nonsense which then has to be gently unpicked by the original, accurate, responders.  Trouble is he sounds quite authoritative but usually spouts unchecked and uncorroborated rubbish.  I generally just correct him - if I happen to visit the thread and he's spouted rubbish - but it does irritate me a bit as when I answer stuff I sometimes spend a lot  of time checking stuff from original sources before I commit myself (or say that I haven't checked).

Anyway on this particular thread he made one of his usual schoolboy level errors and, en passant, I corrected it just in case someone believed him and we then get more stupidity to sort out in future.  But then out of the blue he started having a go at me so I told him to grow up and reported myself - Andy posted a warning hint to him and that was it although Beast PM'd me last night to say that the dumbarse had replied, I was too knackered by then to bother looking, here's the thread for those who are interested -

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/97873-help-with-signal-type/page-2#entry1844993 

Anyway on more normal (??) matters the weather looks reasonably fair so I think I shall have no option but for the ever helpful good Doctor to kick the concrete mixer into action and start putting stuff into the holes we dig yestetrday.

Have a good day one & all

Like Smiffy. I am afraid that I am also suffering a little this morning from an excess of good food and wine last night! Friends round for dinner and a good natter.

Very misty again this morning, no sign of blue sky today.

The dogs all survived their visit to the vet yesterday, although Tigger has been booked in to have a cyst removed next week. Ruby refused to go through the door initially (she hates going to the vet) and then wouldn't take her kennel cough treatment. Fortunately one of the friends that came round last night is brilliant with dogs and the treatment was administered before Ruby knew it! For the enlightenment of those without dogs, the stuff is sprayed up the dog's nose!

Not sure what the plans are for today, I might try and sneak into the train room!

Morning all,

Short break from preparing Turkey etc. so a quick visit!

Mike(SM), thanks for the clarification, I did look in to that thread but not for long - it's too nice a day to spoil by getting angry! AndrewC would doubtless come up with a couple of his inimitable descriptive adjectives for the person in question? I too would be interested in an autobiography if it exists so it would be great if you could post the title and ISBN no.or PM it if you're shy! Careful not to overdo it on the building work.

Tex, I'm also a great fan of 'Coast', watching all the repeats as well! I'm very lucky to have visited so much of our coastline, particularly in Scotland with the RSPB, and then in Cornwall when I lived there - it would probably take you quite a while to visit all of the Tasmanian coastline, let alone that of Australia.

I'll try to look in this evening to check how Ian is doing, and if Pete75C gets a chance, perhaps he can update us on Louise. Best wishes to all our other sufferers. Meanwhile, for those of a religious persuasion, I hope that this, the Holiest of days goes well and for those of you with cooking to do, good luck"........ That's me so I better get on!

Kind regards,

Jock.

PS edit due to above post!

Edited by Jock67B
  • Like 12

• RMweb Gold

I'm still alive - I hope all are well. I'm afraid the lunatics ground me down for a while and my mood was not conducive to posting much. Recent events confirm my lunatic view but my mood for dealing with them has improved.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Good morning all, Happy Easter to those who celebrate. Yesterday was the festival of Eostre.

Seventh Son was an entertaining Sword & Sorcery yarn, filmed in some spectacular mountain scenery in Alberta and set in an unspecified quasi-medieval European milieu, although most of the names were English. Mrs mole and I were amused that the evil witches were based at "Pendle Mountain". Martyn hadn't read the book, although I believe I bought him a copy; it will be in his book pile somewhere.

Yesterday saw a shopping run, a couple of beers while waiting for the bus back, and a bit of modelling. Martyn added to his education by watching a string of Carry On movies (Carry On Weekend on ITV3). I think half the humour went over his head, partly due to its dated nature and I don't think he "got" some of the double-entendres. He decided they were silly and stopped watching. He watched one more this morning and gave up. I enjoyed the bits I saw, but missed most of my favourite, "Carry On Screaming" with Fenella Fielding.

Not much doing today, Martyn has a mate coming over at some time.

Good wishes to ERs feeling under the weather or recovering.

Pete

PS, Nice to see Beast back on ERs, who posted while I was typing.

Edited by petethemole
  • Like 7