Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Latest silent call number to be blocked: 020 3725 5560, one of hundreds of numbers operated by Gamma Telecom Holdings Ltd. Add this one to your block list. Bloody robo-diallers.

I've installed 1572, but it doesn't want to be proactive.  It only adds the last number received.

Bill

• RMweb Gold

I've installed 1572, but it doesn't want to be proactive.  It only adds the last number received.

Bill

You can go online and add from a list of recent numbers that have called you. Hopefully it should stop known scam numbers reaching you. But as you say it doesn't appear to let you add in a known number you haven't been called by.

• RMweb Premium

Good evening everyone.

The last baseboard has been completed and the fastenings have been fitted, so they can all now be clipped together. Tomorrow I'll start to design and build a shelf to hold the DCC controller and bespoke layout control panel.

It's now time for bed, goodnight all.

• Like 19

Evening all and many thanks for the kind comments. I made it over to the school today. A nice place and the role sounds interesting. It would be a leadership role, in charge of planning the provision for the special needs children. A very different and interesting role. A small share of the headship role would be there in September too. Sadly, having done the maths, I am not sure we could financially cope with a drop to four days worth of money so I think the plan is a non-starter. Back to the drawing board.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Chrisf

I only managed to hear Tom Paxton once -- the day I retired IIRC. We went a fair distance out of town and had dinner a couple of tables away from him in the hotel. Didn't try to talk to him, though.

• Like 5

Right, that's almost 24hrs of silence over :rolleyes:

Last night I attempted to update my system, hadn't done that for a while as it gave a very major and even more annoying error :angry:  Someone suggested a particular route that had worked for somebody else, but not for me. As a result, I had to reinstall the entire system :mad:  Spend the entire night getting a basic, bootable system and while waiting for stuff to finish I made some urgent phone calls. Usually, at that time of day I'd be 'inspecting eyelid insides' but that didn't happen until about 11. AM, mind! After too few hrs of shut-eye I got up while it was still daylight outside and spend the next working day (time-wise) getting the rest fixed :rolleyes:  It's still not done :(

Yesterday I changed over to a new iMac.

I'm still changing over.

It's apparent that I'm going to lose Photoshop (outdated version which cost a fortune originally) unless someone kindly offers installation discs.

Can't justify another huge sum to the resident auditor.

Morning All,

First of all - great news DD!  I can understand your relief.

We have a chilly morning here, down to -7°C but sun is forecast later, and clear and bright is definitely better than grey and damp!

Time for a coffee.

Have a good day everyone...

• Like 15

• RMweb Premium

Morning to most, evening to Rick and others.

Rick, Dr Eldest Herberts' role is to explain about politics not (hopefully) to be part of it. We shall see what happens but the way it's going here in his field he needs to get away from here asap.

Tea to be drunk so TTFN.

Baz

• Like 17

• RMweb Premium

Morning Awl, I had a good nights sleep which was wonderful 7.5 hours in 2 bits.

Had to do a lot of chiselling to remove the ice this morning and as I approached Norwich Fog was beginning to form.

:no: I must congratulate an Artic driver :no: , He was a long way from home, the address on the back was East Lothian, so that's around 400 miles away. He ( or She) was probably being guided by a box in the cab, but it had guided him down this several mile long 1.5 vehicle wide local road. It was obvious he didn't know the road as he was over braking in some places and generally being exceedingly cautious, unlike the local sugar beet lorries which hammer through.  He did however stop when ever there was a straight wider bit and let the following cars through :no:

Back into battle, one equipment was handed over for cross checks, just before I went home. On the other, the first run of the Automatic tests have been completed and I left it with the boss to analyse the results because I wasn't entirely happy. Meantime I have 7 current shunts to do from the equipment (100mA to 100A) so by the time I've done that the boss will have some Idea what further tests he wants doing.

Edited by TheQ
  • Like 17

Morning all. A frosty start in the midlands. I managed a great nights sleep but still feel shattered.

Breakfast and plenty of coffee consumed so now time to head to the office.

Andy - Such a shame that a role that is challenging and interesting doesn't work for you financially.

DD - Great news.

Have a good day everyone

• Like 16

Lovely day here today, .......

Just saw a meteorite. 1st one I have seen for years. The direction looked as though Torquay could be history. It looked about 25° ascent and low down.

Nope, sorry to disappoint but we're still here!

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Morning all

Good to hear DD's news. These things can hang over you for ages.

A good evening at the theatre. The play wasn't up to much, but the acting was rather better. In the bar we were served by a bald cockney 'diamond geezer' who used to be a Divisional Commander for the London Fire Brigade, and had an important role in the safety and security surrounding the 2012 Olympics. The Front of House Manager, by contrast, had once been a box boy at Malago Vale. His father was a platelayer.

Trying to get an emergency dental appointment, as I have a molar falling to bits, and of course my dentist is in France. Getting old is such fun!

Hope your week winds up or down well!

Yesterday we went to an outlet of the emporium to the north of which jamie92208 is. In the restaurant, wherein we partook of lunch, one of the cashiers was quoting all prices in cents - many were in the thousands. I've just finished drawing the plan of the new wardrobe we are going to buy from said emporium, and costing it. It is going to cost in the many, many thousands of cents!

• RMweb Gold

Good morning all,

Frosty start again here and another sunny but cold day is forecast.

Peter, that's great news about Mrs DD.

Some terrible news coming from Melbourne where a lunatic has driven a car into pedestrians, killing some and injuring many.

Repairs to the Cyberman have been finished and it has passed on to Steve for return to his friend. Steve thinks he will be delighted with my efforts, I hope so because I was but I forgot to take a final photo for your inspection. The only downside was that I didn't fix the wonky handlebar as whatever the owner had glued it on with resisted my efforts to remove it. I did think about cutting it off but was too worried about doing even more damage.

Perhaps today I will get back to my own muddling. This may of course depend on the whims of somebody else in the household. In theory there should be no need to go out today as all the shopping has been done but what do I know?

More tea needed now so...... have a good one,

Bob.

PS I will not be watching the Presidential Inauguration as the shelter needs some urgent work doing  to it.

Edited by grandadbob
  • Like 17