RMweb

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Coo!

Coo?

post-15969-0-69543500-1524135215.jpg

This image was posted yesterday on the Norfolk Broads Network forum thread about Boat security :no:

• Like 2

That big yellow orb in the sky is shining very brightly.

However it won't last that long as I have uncovered and cleaned the patio furniture after its winter hibernation and put the parasol in place.

Doubtless it will be pee-ing down by Saturday :yes: :yes:

Best wishes to you all,

Dave

• Like 10

• RMweb Premium

April issue of BRM has on page 60 a replica of a 'depilated' barn. Where has its hair gone?

And speaking of auto-correct-isms .....

When I said I fancied a barbecue this is NOT what I had in mind .....

post-3305-0-45273300-1524136737.jpg

It is decently warm at long last.  There is a big glowy thing interrupting the otherwise clear blue sky.  Most things are right with my little world.  Those which are wrong are in Room 101 for the day.  Happy Thursday to all.  If I am needed I'll be out on the terrace sipping Pimms and Lemming-ade.

• Like 11

Consultant has visited me in the chemo suite with my CT scan results. The good news is that the internal lymphomas have significantly reduced in size, so the chemo is working. The less good news is that the scan also seems to show a small lesion in one of my bronchus. This is unlikely to be anything to do with the lymphoma and may be nothing at all, but further investigation is called for, probably a bronchial endoscopy. The worst case scenario is a precursor of lung cancer, but as a lifelong non smoker, this is supposedly unlikely.

Edited by Simon G

• RMweb Premium

One of the two crashes on the A47 Acle straight this morning, was caused by a cow on the line road, it didn't survive. Though all the vehicle people did, as did the motorcyclist and another car that collided on the diversionary route.This caused even more massive hold ups. The A47 was reopened after 11 hours!!! The journey was taking 90 minutes to do 22 miles...

I hope it takes somewhat shorter for me to get home tonight, on what would be the diversionary route, for the diversionary route..

• RMweb Gold

Reading about the Acle straight reminds me of my early teens when my grandparents who were living in Lowestoft passed away within weeks of each other.

They had decided that they were to be cremated but the nearest crematorium at that time was in Norwich. The journey from Lowestoft to Norwich meant going via Yarmouth and then down the Acle straight to Norwich. What did amaze me was the speed that the hearse reached on the straight!! It was moving!!

Keith

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

I was born in what at the time was one of the houses (belonging to my Grandparents) that overlooked the fields to the east of Acle. We had a view across the marshes that took in the Acle straight and the railway line as far as the bend. On a clear day you had a good view of the now demolished Power Station at South Denes. Modern developments in Acle  will have obscured the view.

• Like 9

• RMweb Gold

They had decided that they were to be cremated but the nearest crematorium at that time was in Norwich. The journey from Lowestoft to Norwich meant going via Yarmouth and then down the Acle straight to Norwich. What did amaze me was the speed that the hearse reached on the straight!! It was moving!!

An abiding memory of my fathers funeral was the speed the hearse was going after the interment, I honestly thought we might get pulled for speeding - it was 38 years ago so no sympathies please :)

• Like 19

• RMweb Gold

An abiding memory of my fathers funeral was the speed the hearse was going after the interment, I honestly thought we might get pulled for speeding - it was 38 years ago so no sympathies please :)

I think I have mentioned before that after my mother's funeral the limo driver who wasn't local asked for directions to where the family were gathering, when my uncle leaned forward and said "follow that Porsche". Not the answer I suspect the driver had expected.

I remember chatting all the way to the crematorium to Larry our driver recently. The trip back to our hotel after Matthew's funeral is a complete blank.

Tony

Good afternoon. What a beautiful sunny day here. I hope the day finds you well. Supportive wishes to Simon today - I am pleased to hear that the chemo is working and I hope the other discovery turns out to be nothing to worry about. Mick (NB), I am sorry to hear about your Aunt. My condolences to you.

Things remain mixed here. Yesterday I visited the doctor and picked up the replacement sick note - this runs until Friday 27th April. After I met my old colleague for a coffee. Instead of her popping around to our house, we met at a local garden centre. I was out and about anyway, having been to the doctors', and getting out is certainly important. I do not want to be stuck in the house. It was a nice hour and she gave me plenty of advice. This included ideas for the future and also the advice to take as long as I need to get right before going back to work. 

After lunch the tablet fatigue kicked in and I was confined to the sofa. Despite this exhaustion I did not sleep well last night. My own fault for not taking a sleeping tablet - I thought I felt tired enough to sleep naturally but this was clearly not the case.

Today I have spent the morning helping Sarah with some household jobs. The afternoon has been similar to yesterday, spent exhausted on the sofa, but I have been working on a few business ideas on the computer. Sarah and I are due to visit the original business tomorrow morning. Mornings seem to be the only time I can get anything done at the moment - but at least I am not losing the whole day. I am working on the idea of achieving at least one thing each day.

Best wishes

Andy

• RMweb Gold

Afternoon Peeps and Spikey Things 

Her went shopping today  I asked her to get me some aftershave and could have a diiferent type this time please, guess what turned up another one

named after her "BOSS" :girldevil:  an Orange one this time instead of the usual one in the black bottle.  :banghead:

Today many hours have been spent on the scenery of the layout today trees bushes and hedges planted and rough grass laid on the embankment slopes I was

hoping to grit the road which was stuck down earlier but the adhesive had not cured, dratt. :nea:

Plasterer called to say could he come Saturday instead of Sunday it suits us so the dinning room area will be cleared tomorrow and some sticky floor covering

put down we will decorate that area once the plaster is dry so there is only one lot of mess once done I fancy a week away in the Cotswolds providing this weather

holds out till the end of May .

My friend Steve texted to say the British Airways museum visit has been booked I'm hoping to pick up some information there on the Imperial Airways flying boats 

and the trains which took the passengers down to Plmufff

Would some one tell me how I can be on the AA list it sounds advantageous. :spiteful:

haveagoodoneall  Nigel

• Like 13

• RMweb Premium

Would some one tell me how I can be on the AA list it sounds advantageous. :spiteful:

haveagoodoneall  Nigel

I believe that good route to AA is plenty of BS........

:stinker:

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I believe that good route to AA is plenty of BS........

:stinker:

Still none the wiser.  :scratchhead:

Edit bloody key board again PAH 

Edited by 81C

Miss Fed-Ex delivered a vinyl tonneau to cover the bed of my truck yesterday. I bought the cheapest one I could find on the basis that they don't last too long anyway. After I attached it I took the truck for a spin. Most of the journey was at a steady 65 on an undulating road.

The truck's fuel computer claims it was doing 39 mpg (imperial). Not bad for a vehicle that's almost 6000 pounds and about as aerodynamic as a brick.

VM Motori seem to have done a pretty good job.

• Like 18

BIN day - sensibly after last weeks debacle, I move them ALL to the kerb last night.

"ALL" now as there are three of the blighters. The new service we switched to does "garbage" and "organic waste" and there's also the "recycle" though that's done by ONE contractor for the entire city, so that didn't change.

Recycle, which we attempt and succeed in creating more of than the others, is oddly only picked up every other week, so is often QUITE FULL (as in OVERFLOWING!!) :jester:

Back to work for me, have a good day all.

Supposedly bin day here to, or least a recycling collection. However, the collection of half-witted idiots collectively known as Copeland Borough Council have made a complete dogs breakfast of it. This week is the start of a new recycling regime with them, collecting recycling such as plastic that they haven’t previously collected. New coloured recycling bins were delivered across the Borough in the last few weeks, but they forgot to deliver them to our lane, despite numerous reminders. We were told to put out our old style recycling boxes for collection today, so now the binmen just haven’t been for those. Apparently they are having trouble getting used to the new collections, and are so running very late. If they don’t turn up, that will mean another two weeks until the next scheduled recycling collection, making it a total of 4 weeks between them. It is just as well that I take cardboard, plastic and metal to a collection point in the local Morrisons.

• Like 1