The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold

Happy Birthday Baz have a great day.

Morning Peeps

Late up today must have been all that fresh air and walking we did yesterday. 

Today will be garage day more work must be done to the layout it's at that stage 

where you spend hours on it for little to show.

The 009 Baldwin got a run as well it shuffled up and down a yard of track faultlessly 

nothing will be done to the layout for that till the winter when it's too cold to go into

the garage I will still be collecting items off fleebay and the like.

enjoy your day all I.K.Brunel 

• Like 18

• RMweb Gold

Happy Birthday to Baz and all those I've missed.

Mike - missed the tumble but have read the updates, glad all is looking Ok.

Nice to see Debs posting, I'm sure we're awl pleased by that.

Thoughts to all who need them.

Too hot to be bothered by much, bring on some rain, we haven't had any (well apart from 30 seconds the other night) for weeks and the air is dry and dusty, a nice heavy downpour would clean that up.

• Like 19

post-2818-0-82905300-1488959739.jpg

Greetings all from the boring borough. Good news, the sounds of hammers, saws, and Heart FM once again emanate from downstairs. Our builder is back. He looks like he's lost about 7kg but happy to get out of the house and back to work. We may even have a usable front room by the weekend. 

Happy Bazday!!! 

SWMBO is about ready to start throwing idiots under trains. All this week the stations have been rammed with groups of students blocking the barriers, stairs, and platforms. They never seem to board a train, just stand there in peak times making a nuisance of themselves. To clarify, its not the kids she wants to eliminate, but the moron organisers that think bringing a group of 100 or so teenagers to a busy station in both the morning and afternoon rush is a good idea. Especially when 2 or 3 of these groups show up at the same time. 

Back to work, this coffee won't drink itself. 
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land. Happy birthday Baz and many more of them. The bin wagons dawn chorus included not only the lesser spotted glass and bottle wagon but the screeching needs oiling one as well, just as well I was already up.

Today I will wash both serviceable pairs of jeans.  It would be wise to go clothes shopping sooner rather than later given my forthcoming holiday.  Perhaps it serve me right for choosing bottom of the market stores but I deplore the apparent disappearance of zip flies and the proliferation of awkward fly buttons.

Chris

Button flies on jeans are now the height of fashion, that is according to the assistant in P*******k. Thats what he told an elderly customer anyway. to which the customer replied in a voice loud enough to be heard throughout the shop. "So its fashionable to p!ss yourself while your trying to undo your flies is it?" :jester:

A whole team of girls against a single Australian? Hardly fair!

He might prefer it that way. :derisive:

• Like 6

Greetings all, and blessings be upon all attendees of the church of wittertainment.

Tender done and dusted. The usual amendments, though none as radical as those required by the the one I reviewed a few years ago, in which I discovered that the original author had accidentally drafted a service level agreement that would have had us providing support worth tens of thousands of pounds for free...

Ribs are beginning to ease. Hurrah!

Although this week hasn't exactly flown by on gilded wings, I'm still slightly surprised to find it's Thursday. I join Sandy Denny in wanting to know where the time goes.

A B*chmann P*llman arrived for me yesterday. I'm now only one FK away from completing my Tees-T*ne P*llman. (I hope my cunning use of asterisks will protect me from Debs). 

Kind regards nonchalantly flipped like tiddlywinks towards the appropriate;
Tnkety-tonk, etc.
Gavin

P.S. Hello to...

• Like 19

• RMweb Gold

Happy Birthday Baz, I hope the cricket tea has a nice cake for you.

Very warm here. Still no rain. Expect to see herds of thirsty wildebeest heading to the Thames soon.

Two years ago according to Facebook I was in Norway. Aditi was throwing snowballs at me on that day but that wasn’t the photo Facebook wanted me to share!

I don’t think we have too many plans for the day. We will need to go to Leigh on Sea to,collect some items purchased to take to Kettering .

I have also ordered some spare car bulbs for our trip to France. The only bulbs capable of being replaced seem to be the reversing lamp bulb. All the others seem to be some sort of led array. I also ordered a litre of engine oil, hopefully it won’t be needed , but as. Jaguar Land Rover specify something that isn’t too common, well certainly not available from Halfords, I prefer to have some just in case.

Have a good day.

Tony

• Like 19

• RMweb Gold

Yo Peeps 

Our garden waste was collected by a monstrous 8 wheeler all electric jobbie the size of a single decker bus

the driver could only back it down the close so far, it was too big to turn in the tee at the bottom.

Both trucks were late due to the airshow traffic the drivers and crews had faces like slapped @rses as they

are on job and knock, I do believe they have had deportment training they have all become very polite.

enjoy the rest of your day L Donegan

• Like 16

Good morning one and all

Today I will wash both serviceable pairs of jeans.  It would be wise to go clothes shopping sooner rather than later given my forthcoming holiday.  Perhaps it serve me right for choosing bottom of the market stores but I deplore the apparent disappearance of zip flies and the proliferation of awkward fly buttons.

Chris

Chrisf -- investigate J D Williams   - around £15 per pair - zippers, stretch, and wash and wash  (separately initially!)  I have worn their indigo ones for years and live in them - Currently have four pairs of brand new ones - to be washed when needed. Hate buttons

• Like 5

• RMweb Premium

Happy Birthday Baz, I hope the cricket tea has a nice cake for you.

Very warm here. Still no rain. Expect to see herds of thirsty wildebeest heading to the Thames soon.

Two years ago according to Facebook I was in Norway. Aditi was throwing snowballs at me on that day but that wasn’t the photo Facebook wanted me to share!

I don’t think we have too many plans for the day. We will need to go to Leigh on Sea to,collect some items purchased to take to Kettering .

I have also ordered some spare car bulbs for our trip to France. The only bulbs capable of being replaced seem to be the reversing lamp bulb. All the others seem to be some sort of led array. I also ordered a litre of engine oil, hopefully it won’t be needed , but as. Jaguar Land Rover specify something that isn’t too common, well certainly not available from Halfords, I prefer to have some just in case.

Have a good day.

Tony

Tony, the other things that you need are a first aid kit and a High Viz of some sort for everyone in the car.  The High Viz need to be accessible from within the car.   If Halfords or anyone else tries to tell you that you need a breathalyser tell them to Foxtrot Oscar, the Supreme Court struck that one down a year or so ago.

Jamie

• RMweb Premium

Email from council advising that Blue Badge application has been approved. Online payment made; just need to wait for delivery which may take up to three weeks. Progress is being made.

• Like 13

• RMweb Gold

I knew about the spare bulbes, first aid kit (ours is now very out of date) but the Hi Viz accessible form within the car is one that I had forgotten. No plans to drive on the continent at present though.

Another busy day starting off taking photos of the EWS freight passing through Nutfield. It almost caught me out as it was running about 7 minutes early and I was sitting in the shad in the waiting shelter.

Then off to a fellow modeller and friend to drop his belongings off that he left with us after the Saturday show so he dint have ot cart them around the pubs. He also had a look at my air brush that started working yesterday then failed. No luck so have borrowed one of his till I order a new one.

Back home the new pop up gazebo was waiting by the door. I managed to set it up myself depsite it showing as a 2 person task.

Spray booth extracted from the garage and we now have a make shift modelling area on the patio and a few items now weathered lightly.

Other halfs luck has run out today as the train home that has run three times this week (and I believe first few times since the May timetable change) is cacnelled this evening as was her trian this morning so Thameslink seems to be slipping again after a few reasonable days travel this week for her.

• RMweb Gold

Tony, the other things that you need are a first aid kit and a High Viz of some sort for everyone in the car.  The High Viz need to be accessible from within the car.   If Halfords or anyone else tries to tell you that you need a breathalyser tell them to Foxtrot Oscar, the Supreme Court struck that one down a year or so ago.

Jamie

I do happen to have an in date breathalyser but I did know the lack,of one was no longer subject to a fine. Hi viz for each seat in easy reach of each seat already in. Fire extinguisher, first aid kits and warning triangle installed. The first aid kit I got with this car has a wind up torch which is quite a pleasing toy.
  • Like 17

Tony, the other things that you need are a first aid kit and a High Viz of some sort for everyone in the car.  The High Viz need to be accessible from within the car. 

Meanwhile, in this state you can drive a motor-bike without a skid-lid and carry passengers in the open bed of you pick-up truck, which never has to pass any sort of safety inspection or emission test although I think it does need to show at least one red tail-light after sundown. Oh, and you can use your mobile phone while driving but you're not allowed to text.

Meanwhile, in this state you can drive a motor-bike without a skid-lid and carry passengers in the open bed of you pick-up truck, which never has to pass any sort of safety inspection or emission test although I think it does need to show at least one red tail-light after sundown. Oh, and you can use your mobile phone while driving but you're not allowed to text.

Is your state one of the ones that disputes Darwin?