Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Evening all from Estuary-Land. When I visited Tesco's lunchtime though the car park was pretty full the store seemed to be no more crowded than at other times of the year. The usual bin wagons dawn chorus this morning included the lesser spotted glass and bottle wagon in full song, and thats before the holidays. The neighbours opposite have installed flashing LED lights around a shrub in their front garden and then leave it flashing away all night. I noticed last night it had been switched off. It rained last night and this evening I noticed that some of the LED's weren't working. Even heavier rain is predicted for tonight, I can't stop thinking of Reg. :jester:

• Like 13

• RMweb Premium
:mosking: 

I want the finest quality fishplates available to mankind. I want them here and I want them now!

I'll fly over with them now, Mal. Nothing's too good for ER members!  Will delivery yesterday be OK? :jester:  I trust you want Peco, not....the other ones..... :mosking:

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

I'll fly over with them now, Mal. Nothing's too good for ER members!  Will delivery yesterday be OK? :jester:  I trust you want Peco, not....the other ones..... :mosking:

Code 75 plastic ones please...................

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

This afternoon was spent at a memorial service for an ex-colleague and good friend. As he had donated to medical science the humanist 'do' was in the back room of an inn where we all raised a glass of single malt in his memory.

It was a bitter sweet occasion as many other former work colleagues were also there and we had a good catch up. As one said upon leaving, "See you all at the next one".

For the last time in the present series, good morning one and all.  This afternoon I head for London as a jumping-off point for my Christmas and New Year holiday in Switzerland.  Tomorrow I follow in the footsteps of intrepid pioneers and attempt to reach Interlaken in a day. 

Chris

Safe journey, Chris, see you in Interlaken around 20:00 then (I was going to say on platform 1 at 19:51, but we'll probably still be eating at the hotel!)

Think positive! (Worked for me on Monday!)

Edited by JohnDMJ
  • Like 19

• RMweb Premium

If Realtime Trains is to be believed the Hill of Strawberries is scheduled to receive an additional service next week. Flicking to “arrivals” shows it to have originated at North Pole International and to be due in at 23.58 on 24/12.

post-3305-0-64814100-1545342252_thumb.png

• Like 18

• RMweb Premium

Good evening everyone

More progress has been made on the G16. However, before I started work on it today, I made a copper bangle for Amelia, something I’d forgotten about and I did promise her I’d have I’d have it done for her when she next came round.

So back to the G16, a little more has been done on the cab interior, it’s had some more detail added, the coal shute in the bunker and a handbrake handle have both been fitted. I also took quite a few photos of the work I’ve done so far, as I intend to post this separately at sometime. But here is a little taster of what to expect, below is a photo of the false cab floor fitted to the chassis.

post-27337-0-91152500-1545346782_thumb.jpeg

Goodnight all

• Like 18

Good evening fellow ER's. Continued supportive thoughts to John and Sandy. I also wish ChrisF a safe journey and an enjoyable holiday. My thoughts to NHN, I am not in the position (as yet) where I am shipping multiple orders (well not ones that are not fraudulent!!) but I understand how some customers can be unreasonable over postage dates. I am lucky that most of my recent legitimate customers have been reasonable and friendly.Today it was nice to welcome a fellow RMWeb member to the shop.

The latest on the fraud saga - Stripe payments are still to telephone, but have emailed today. The basic theme throughout the email was stating it was my responsibility to check payments and gave me countless advice about how I should do this. Unfortunately, these are all things I can and have been doing since I gained access to the dashboard. The fact that they did not send details about the dashboard until after the first chargeback seems to be brushed under the carpet. I get the impression they do not want to refund me the money. Without doubt I will be moving my financial dealings to someone else in the very near future.

Best wishes

Andy

• RMweb Premium

Christmas cake done, leaving a lovely smell in the kitchen.

The raisins and sultanas were a bit dry so I soaked them in spiced ginger using two tea bags this time!

Putting the marzipan on is planned for tomorrow then a general tidy up.

Ulterior motive for the latter - I want to finish the viaduct for my Christmas scene.

Off to bed now so it is

' night all and nos da.

• Like 17

• RMweb Premium

Morning all, the cold outside is trying to get in so a quick check for ice is required. I would say that it is mild for the time of year no visible frost never mind the snow that was predicted. I will be glad when I can return to my pit. 

Good wishes to you all and hope today is kind to you all.

• Like 2

Morning All,

It is another wet morning in this part of the world.  It's also my last day of work before Christmas - then off until the 2nd January.

There isn't a lot else to report, so have a good day everyone...

• Like 17

• RMweb Premium

Have a great Festive season Robert!

Morning all from what sounds like a wet North West Leeds Highlands.

Shopping to be done , Dr Eldest Herbert to be collected from the station. Youngest Herbert was on a works night out last night. Facebook post from him 5 hours ago in a bar in town implied he was still compos mentis.

Our soiree with neighbours went well last night but has resulted in an out break of indigestion. Peppermint tea has been employed to help alleviate this.

Chill out day scheduled..so

Have a great day! Positive thoughts for all who ail!

Best regards for our missing ERs.

Baz

• Like 18

• RMweb Premium

Mooring Awl, Inner Temple here..

5.5 hours sleep in bed none after, when I came to the sofaa there was no Sign of Ben the Border Collie, he was hiding in his cage from the thundering noise of rain hitting the conservatory roof.

He did decide he needed out side, but once he had done what was needed, he ran back to the house leaving me in the rain.

The puddles were overflowing and on the mainor roads there were many places where they had joined up across the road, and 3 places on the main road. Again a much reduced traffic today.

Today we remember those lost in the Lockerbie Bombing of the Pan Am flight, a cause of great sadness.

30 years ago this week I was working at RAF Leuchars installing test equipment when the bad news arrived on TV, I travelled back down the A74 /  M74 two days later on the Friday evening stuck in the traffic jam caused by the closure of one lane due to the plane crash. You could see lights between the road and Lockerbie where people working on the sad task of recovery of the bodies and the wreakage.

May they rest in peace..

Edited by TheQ

• RMweb Gold

Good morning all,

A wet and windy night but the rain seems to have stopped. A windy and cloudy start to the day forecast but it may brighten up this afternoon.

First job this morning is to get The Boss another Christmas present as something she uses regularly is on the point of extinction.

After that I hope to crack on with the shunting plank. Had a problem yesterday with the legs so will have to have a rethink.

Tonight, with luck, I will watch some rugby with more to come tomorrow and Sunday.

Have a good one,

Bob.

Edited by grandadbob
  • Like 18

Good morning all,

A week of railway related travel concludes today, on Monday I travelled from Durham to Reading (via London as I can’t stand that long a direct journey on a voyager), then back again on Tuesday. Wednesday was a trip to Manchester with TPE and then home yesterday.

Today, continuing the railway theme, we are off to Keswick Country House Hotel, the old station hotel for a Christmas catch up with friends.

A break from work until the 2nd Jan, when hopefully the new layout will have seen plenty of my time.

Have a good one

Karl

• Like 18