RMweb

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon all from Estuary-Land. John, sorry to hear that Sandy is back in hospital, all best wishes to you both. Shops weren't too busy when I done my bit of shopping this morning but traffic was busy going towards the store when I left.

• Like 6

• RMweb Premium

Hoping they can improve matters for Sandy, John.

Now, for some reason it appears there have been many orders today for two packets of fishplates :nono:  - you know who you are - your names have been taken an entered into a little black book! :jester:

Shut now until Thursday, no post collections today anyway as IoM Post have Christmas Eve off after lunchtime.  The plane flies at 7 usually, but its all closing early, so as the whole place will be closed by then there's no point collecting mail. 

….aaaand relax. :sungum:

• Like 5

• RMweb Premium

Well, a‘noon, everyone.

Firstly, fingers crossed for John and Sandy... Certainly the last thing you would need on Christmas, so here’s hoping that Sandy will be allowed home again soon.

Me, I just bought a few extra items of food to be on the safe side for the holidays, as we had done our essential purchases earlier this week. Though to be fair, the supermarket wasn’t that busy, really.

Shift today starts at 1653 and I certainly hope it’ll be quieter than the one yesterday. At least it does seem to be quieting down noticeably outside, which I definitely welcome!

Wishing you a wonderful Christmas and sending warm thoughts to anyone ailing or otherwise distressed...

• Like 5

• RMweb Gold

I just checked to see if we would be affected on Boxing Day by the A127 ( big road up to East London) closures over Christmas. Closures cancelled, deferred until Christmas 2019. The road over rail bridge was being replaced. Pillar removal on the railway was scheduled. Apparently the pillars are not required for the new bridge.

• Like 13

• RMweb Premium

Preparing now for our 'non-denominational holiday period eve' extreme BBQ.  Well it was 0c here this morning (Ian A laughing) and only 6c now approaching 1500hrs. It's something we do if weather allows, just to cock a snook at the world.  Outside wood burner  given a miss this time as we'll be in the waiting room mostly (except chef NHN) and there's a kerosene fired fan heater in there - toastie.  Bonkers - yup.  Next door invited, bet they find an excuse to not come.  Dave and his Mrs next door always used to come and have a great laugh, but after his first wife died he moved out for a few years.  He's back now with a new partner but she's not one for daft barbies in the cold - more the chintzy table dressings and dressing up type of woman.  Not our idea of fun....

It'll be a cold one later as the sky is totally clear, and just a gentle breeze that will likely drop at dusk, so maybe a frosty white non-denomination day tomorrow may be on the cards.

Whatever you do, or however you celebrate if you do, have a safe, great time and our thoughts go out to those missing, in distress or lonely. 

• Like 17

A'noon all,

Not long back from the possession down at Milton Keynes where the Up and Down Fasts are festooned with engineering trains between Bletchley and Castlethorpe. Back down there tomorrow and Boxing Day too as one of the 'standby drivers' as a precaution against any possible overrun and unintended cock-ups. Needless to say my kitbag will be brimming with mince pies, teabags and a tin of 'Christmas' pea and ham soup, the turkey will have to wait until tea time!

Stay safe all and Happy Christmas...!

post-7638-0-23666600-1545664464_thumb.jpg

• Like 17

• RMweb Premium

Is yellow fog related to yellow snow...…?

I thought it, Might have something to do with the sprouts.
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

You mean doing 10 mph at the slightest curve and max 5mph on the average bend.  If it goes steeply uphill/downhill, well...

[Stop it Suvvern! You're getting naughty in your olde age, hohoho!

Hope you get through the day.

You forgot driving down the middle of the road when there is no white line, even when there is room for two artics to pass.

Afternoon Awl,

Second layout carriage finished except for a third coat of paint, and a few minor bits.

Tess and co visited, maximum Cockwomble alert, outside and inside the store. I didn't get an ear bending on my purchases so something went right.

What also went right, Was The arrival of three books about rathaidean-iarainn na Gàidhealtachd, they are in perfect condition, the price of 1 is "10s net" another is 4s 6d.

I'm awaiting the arrival of ham, egg and chips, a luxury meal for Christmas Eve.

But the red has been poured...

Good evening Awl...

• Like 19

You forgot driving down the middle of the road when there is no white line, even when there is room for two artics to pass.

Reminds me of the saying, heard in one of our ex-colonial overseas bases some while back -  " De Yanks drives on the right, de Brits drives on the left, and de Belizeans drives straight down de f***ing middle of de road!"

• Like 8

Guys & gals,

Midnight mass tonight then off early to my sister for Christmas Day.  So may I wish you all a happy day tomorrow.

John, give our regards to Chris.

Thoughts with John and Sandy.

Best wishes, Bill

• Like 6

• RMweb Gold

All today's tasks completed successfully and many brownie points earned. The slow cooked gammon*, sausage rolls and mince pies  have all been tested, approved and given an A1 rating.  :yes:

Have also tested some Bishop's Finger and Hobgoblin Gold. Might test some more shortly or possibly test one of the many spirits that have appeared over the past couple or three weeks.

Cheers.   :drinks:

*Cooked in apple juice and golden syrup with peppercorns - absolutely delicious.   :imsohappy:

Edited by grandadbob
  • Like 18

Home. Later.

Checked over and bloods OK. Oncologist explained that for some people what Sandy's going through is almost normal and the fact that she can swallow and keep down larger quantities is an indication that the chemo is working.

She's still very tired.

Edited by Coombe Barton

Seasons greetings one and all.

Well it's almost time for the fat man in red to sing, and as the sales are being advertised now, along with holidays, I guess it's now safe to.....

Wish all of you a safe and happy Christmas. My very best to you and yours, and if things aren't quite so bright, my thoughts and best wishes.

To those working stay safe, and to those that can, have a great time and joy whatever the day brings.

My very best to you all.

Neil.

• Like 6

Evening all

Wishing everything goes well for you both, John and Sandy.

My mum is safely at our house so all's well. Youngest is still out working in a cocktail bar and expecetd home so late he may even meet'n'greet Santa.

Hope your days tomorrow are full of Christmas cheer.

Mal

• Like 2