Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Not a morning for talking about the little things that our life revolves around such as fetching the next basket of logs. Thoughts are with Mal and Gabe.  Not a lot else to say but regards to all.

Jamie

• Like 18

• RMweb Premium

Still stunned from Mal's news, there are some very moving and thoughtful posts in this regard around RMWeb this morning. Having had a family clash with this awful disease does not make it any easier when on-line friends get it too. Brings back memories good and bad, thinking of Jock from the RMWeb perspective, who I was very pally with and my parents who both succumbed to it, and those close to us on here with their own struggles ongoing. A rather sad and melancholy NHN today.

Not much else to add really, like Baz said. Perspective hits home.

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

Morning everyone

It’s not a day for trivia, still stunned by Mal’s post.

Thoughts with you both

• Like 4

Still stunned from Mal's news, there are some very moving and thoughtful posts in this regard around RMWeb this morning. Having had a family clash with this awful disease does not make it any easier when on-line friends get it too. Brings back memories good and bad, thinking of Jock from the RMWeb perspective, who I was very pally with and my parents who both succumbed to it, and those close to us on here with their own struggles ongoing. A rather sad and melancholy NHN today. Not much else to add really, like Baz said. Perspective hits home.

You are right Neil.  My heart sank when I read Mal's news this morning because it echos very closely what my Dad went through this time last year.  It was around this time that he first went to the Doctor with little appetite and a general feeling of being unwell.  The Doctor said, "it's probably just a virus, but I'll send you for a CT scan just in case"...

My thoughts are with Mal and family this morning.

Always feel so helpless, as of course we actually are. At least we can collectively provide whatever comfort we can from our varying distances.

POETS.

-23 and cloudy getting the paper this morning.

• Like 18

• RMweb Premium

The mainland has been cut off from the island of work today. The internet has mostly been down, sometimes I could read the net, I couldn't post to most websites. The phone system was down as well as that is internet based. So sales and service had a very early poets..

The fault is not at the factory but some server somewhere..

MRC tonight but first.. Time to shut down the brain for an hour...

• Like 12

I'm fairly new to this forum but I follow this thread intermittently as it is often amusing, interesting, informative etc. I was about to post on it for the first time (on the tea v coffee question) when I saw the news about Mal and followed the link, which stopped me in my tracks. I do not know you Mal but your simple statement of an awful truth has hit me as though you were a lifelong friend. May God go with you and your family.

Dave Hunt

A formal welcome to new ER Dave!   :locomotive:  :friends:

It's a  bit of a somber day to be joining.

We'll no doubt be a bit more chatty tomorrow; I'm sure Mal would want this of his friend hereabouts.

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium

Evening all from Estuary-Land. Last night attended an interesting talk by John Jolly (Mangapps Railway) covering both railways and farming. As a result I missed last nights episode of 'Death in Paradise' so I'll be shortly watching it on I-player.

Edited by PhilJ W
  • Like 8

• RMweb Premium

A formal welcome to new ER Dave!   :locomotive:  :friends:

It's a  bit of a somber day to be joining.

We'll no doubt be a bit more chatty tomorrow; I'm sure Mal would want this of his friend hereabouts.

Thanks Andy.

Dave

• Like 8

• RMweb Premium

On a lighter topic (and please forgive me the diversion) the countdown clock of the holidays is now replaced (at least for me) by a blinking black advertising banner for an exhibition in Doncaster touting "30 British working layouts". I will profess to being amused by different literal interpretations of this.

Mine is one of the 30.

It is British.

It works (it did so on it's last show and barring major disasters will do so in two weeks time)

It is a layout.

Today was a rostered day off, so I carried out a bit of work on the aforementioned layout.

I can now say that LED strips are a "good thing"

Work to be worked over the weekend.

Have a good one folks.

Cheers,

Mick

• Like 15

OK, IE11 no longer working for me on this forum.  I prefer it, it doesn't go wrong - or at least not previously.  Using sledge or something now.

Been using Firefox at home and Chrome at work. Much more reliable! (and FREE!)

Edited by JohnDMJ
  • Like 7