RMweb

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

Sunny here in Paris. 

Off to breakfast soon, not exactly Early Risers today. 

Then we will be setting off to the  Musee d’ Orsay.  No hurry as it is late night opening today. 

Tony

• Like 18
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Re the octopus and possible under the influence of summat driving, 2 comments posted by others were that the cephala plods were kraken down on it.

Bluish sky here in sunny Teignmouth today although water is in the air presently.

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Funny 13

• RMweb Premium

Work is being worked, then 3 days off to take the yellow peril to BRM Doncaster.

A work colleague is just putting  the finishing touches to a new sound file for my new silver/blue/purple toy...………….

Catch up later.

Cheers,

Mick

• Like 15
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
14 minutes ago, newbryford said:

Work is being worked, then 3 days off to take the yellow peril to BRM Doncaster.

A work colleague is just putting  the finishing touches to a new sound file for my new silver/blue/purple toy...………….

Catch up later.

Cheers,

Mick

Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Oooooooh!

• Like 2
  • Funny 15

• RMweb Gold

Morning all,

Good to see Gordon back in our midst.  and worry not Chris - that signal is still down to a gremlin in my book and as you were writing - most informatively and enjoyably as ever - about the dmu a life history of the signalbox was not really expected.  You will note that I have carefully avoided mention of the loading gauge which is as puzzling to me as it is to you but was perhaps there in connection with the loading of road vehicles at that platform - photos do not reveal such a device in the goods yard. 

So to today.  Well it might be faux Friday when I receive the command and no doubt a Tesco visit is required in any event.  Incidentally I am told by my surgery folk and their diabolic experts that the smaller number that because I have the diabolic thing my smaller number must be below 80 (I thought they'd said 90 and was mighty pleased that it was only to receive a ticking off and instruction that it must sink lower).

Ah, interesting news - the alternative driver (the Good Doctor) will be conveying the management to Tesco, so I can carry on wasting my time enjoying myself on RMweb or tracking diesel hydraulics of a small variety enroute from China.

Have a good day one and all.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

• RMweb Gold

Morning All

I wasn't going to bother posting today until I noticed GDB was absent, I do hope he hasn't come out of the loft head first and gone #rse over #ollox down  the stairs, a call to Sutt Towers

will be made If he fails post in the next hour or so. :unsure:

The meal at Chez Bobs was another success last night SWMBO scoffed her Biryani down I think we will forgo the rice in that dish and put in less yogurt and add fresh noodles next time, 

god know where they get their cooking time in these recipe books it always takes me twice as long:heat:.

must dash:superman: A. Grubbwhalla :biggrin_mini2:

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

Talking of feeling of light headed and a wobble, I've had a large cup of real coffee, and so I'm in a bit of a shake...

The Coffee came with the almost full english, Almost? No black puddling... what a disaster, the mushrooms were a bit cold too...

I could also have had cereals, crossants and many other choices as well, but my waist complains if i eat that much these days..

Still 1.5 hours off work with a paid for meal is good anytime..

The only accident I had in a company car, was also someone failing to slowly stop in a traffic jam, in Chester, Unusually the company had a tow bar so no damage to me, just a cloud of steam from the attackers radiator..

To have added fun at work all the Cal lab PC's are being changed this year and a bit at the rate of 1 per week. This gives the chance to iron out any problems before the next one is started. The first was changed behind me yesterday, It's incredibly fast due to having a Solid Sate Drive built in. Some software will need wait states added to allow the equipment it's connected to to catch up..

Also our Lab extension has it's go ahead, first, the main lab is to have a new A/C, this will allow the old one to be removed as it's standing in the new doorway. There will be hopefully just 1 day off for the change over, Old A/C will go into the new Extension into the old boiler room as it itself is less than 5 years old.

Meanwhile to old Boiler room will be stripped of everything including asbestos, before a temporary partition is built to allow the old wall to be removed, this will be replaced by a half glass wall and door. Then it will be musical test equipment , giving me an extra 8 X 5 ft space into which a new test station will be introduced 3X 3ft and 6ft high, to support the new product test equipment.

Hopefully all the above should be done by August... we shall see...

and for the moment I'm measuring 2 wire 4 wire ACV differences, this will take another hour to measure, then this equipment will have to wait as the next piece of test equipment I need is having it's own calibration on the equipment that will be moving out of here..

So I''l be measuring current shunts till it's finished..

• Like 17

• RMweb Premium

The cake is now on the cooling rack and filling the kitchen with a lovely aroma. The loco name and number art work is now complete and muggertea No2 is being consumed as I type, once finished I’m off to the workshop. 

• Like 15

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land. Club meeting last night, at least we've got the water supply back with a temporary 'by-pass' running across the ceiling. But no word yet about the sinking/cracked floor, our landlords (the local council) are taking their time on making a decision, nothing new there then. Found a cheap diary in Tesco's so I'm busy filling it with various events I hope to visit in the coming year. Thats it for now, be back later.

• Like 14

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, 81C said:

Morning All

I wasn't going to bother posting today until I noticed GDB was absent, I do hope he hasn't come out of the loft head first and gone #rse over #ollox down  the stairs, a call to Sutt Towers

will be made If he fails post in the next hour or so. :unsure:

Good morning all and fear not Sir Bob, I have not fallen and  am not harmed in any way whatsoever and neither are the stairs.  

I was up early but there are a couple of reasons for my non-appearance.

Firstly I nearly always check my bank statement online first thing, particularly when expecting a payment. My credit card was showing 3 pending transactions for new mobile phones that were not mine so a phone call was made immediately to the bank's fraud department. That took a while but I will not be charged with anything and the card  has been cancelled. I'd already shredded mine a couple of days ago as I've changed to a different card anyway.

After that is was time for a trip to Sainsbury's which as usual took ages with The Boss chatting to old work colleagues and customers  who want to know if she's enjoying her retirement.

Still quite breezy here after a very windy night with garden furniture being blown over and wheelie bins that had been put at the end of the drive ready for collection today ending up across the pavement and into the road.  These were put back by the bin men who arrived before I got out there to sort them out.

Have a good one,

Bob.

Edited by grandadbob
Speelink
  • Like 6
  • Friendly/supportive 12

• RMweb Gold
11 hours ago, Dave Hunt said:

blood pressure was too high at 144 over 74 as the higher one should be below 140 and I have to go back in two weeks to have it tested again.

Dave

These readings vary through the day and at surgery are often 'raised'  but in the range of 'high normal'.  Personally I would be quite pleased especially with the diastolic reading.

• Like 6
  • Agree 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Greetings one and all........ probably most of you already have......

But we went to see Bohemian Rhapsody yesterday.....very highly recommended and a bit of a tear jerker in places.

Almost got thrown out for clapping and stomping during We will rock you......

I was the only one mind :rolleyes:

• Like 13
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, grandadbob said:

Good morning all and fear not Sir Bob, I have not fallen and  am not harmed in any way whatsoever and neither are the stairs.  

I was up early but there are a couple of reasons for my non-appearance.

Firstly I nearly always check my bank statement online first thing, particularly when expecting a payment. My credit card was showing 3 pending transactions for new mobile phones that were not mine so a phone call was made immediately to the bank's fraud department. That took a while but I will not be charged with anything and the card  has been cancelled. I'd already shredded mine a couple of days ago as I've changed to a different card anyway.

Have a good one,

Bob.

Good to see you in one piece, still.:biggrin_mini2:

Bob what bank have you just dropped I've just ditched Pratwest at last I hope I haven't dropped a #ollock by choosing Nationwide.:unsure:

• Like 8

• RMweb Premium

Happy Lunchtime (other times of day and greetings are available for distant time zones) one and all. 

The night was accompanied by quite violent wind but only from outside the building. This has finally subsided and the warnings of more have been cancelled. We are still expecting a breezy next few days however. 

Many small incidents combined to make for a challenging morning at the House of Fun. Sick passengers preventing trains departing from both Waterloo and New Malden, a trio of track circuit failures at Wombletown and some caution orders past suspiciously-close or just-touching trees and branches in the wind.  

A slow improvement in my overall health is now discernible and an exchange of  electrons with SWMBO indicates she is likewise feeling brighter today after a difficult couple of weeks. Not out of the woods. Not plus-size female has serenaded us. But we may be headed in the right direction. 

A real concern that we have neither heard from nor of Mal. And of course very best wishes to all including John & Sandy, Chrisf, Q and others. 

There’s a coffee for the cougher here and something called lunch which appears to be a bacon, brie and cranberry sandwich. I’ll see you when that has all been enjoyed. 

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 16

• RMweb Gold
10 minutes ago, Gwiwer said:

A real concern that we have neither heard from nor of Mal. 

He did visit RMweb yesterday.

We met two years ago at Model Rail Scotland and I enjoyed our chat.  We agreed then, to meet the following year but at the time of the exhibition last year Mal was receiving treatment so that meet up was cancelled with the rider that we would try again this year.   It is all so very, very sad the way things have turned out.  Thoughts are with you and yours, Mal.

• Like 1
  • Agree 18

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon all from Estuary-Land. 81C, I have banked with Nationwide for more than 30 years and have never had any problems. Perhaps its because its not actually a bank, its one of the few building societies that didn't become a bank and the difference shows. 

• Like 10
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium

Hi again, I've just read Mals post on the Jock 67B thread. It seems to be the same cancer that took my mum only in her case it strangled a main artery until it burst, and that was that.  That was over thirty years ago, they managed to get her into hospital but it was already too late.

• Friendly/supportive 16

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon awl, 

That breakfast is still keeping me full,  I've not eaten since about 09:00. So my dinner is in the dog,  no not Ben, but the microwave, awaiting further attention. 

Meanwhile candidate for Cockwomble of the year.. Car stopped obviously pre arranged to pick someone up........ 

On a busy roundabout...

• Like 13
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold

I'll raise you one cockwomble - the stupid baggage attempting to emerge from Tesco car park onto the access road concentrating hard on looking for approaching cars from her left so she didn't even notice me about to pass across her bows from her right.  Fortunately she stopped in time, albeit well over the give way line but it certainly frightened one of my passengers who was close enough to see the white of the cockwomble's eyes.

(This was an additional visit to R Tesco conveying ur friends as they needed some shopping and their campervan is parked beyond the opposite end of town so I ran a taxi service for them)

The offspring (n both thereof) are off to Istanbul in the morning, hopefully they will beat the rain as they walk to the station for the first train. 

• Like 12

Yippee! Wall-to-wall sunshine here.

Also extremely nippee. It was -14C here  last night. The typical Pacific influence is being overwhelmed by a blast from the Arctic. The snow on the ground is so dry you can literally sweep it with a broom, and it's completely useless for making snowballs and snowmen.

Hope it warms up slightly before my jaunt to Sun Valley next week. We've lived in Idaho for 24 years but this will be the first time I've skied there. That's also assuming Arthur Eyetis in my right hand stops acting up.

• Like 6
  • Friendly/supportive 8

23 minutes ago, The Stationmaster said:

I'll raise you one cockwomble - the stupid baggage attempting to emerge from Tesco car park onto the access road concentrating hard on looking for approaching cars from her left so she didn't even notice me about to pass across her bows from her right.  Fortunately she stopped in time, albeit well over the give way line but it certainly frightened one of my passengers who was close enough to see the white of the cockwomble's eyes.

(This was an additional visit to R Tesco conveying ur friends as they needed some shopping and their campervan is parked beyond the opposite end of town so I ran a taxi service for them)

The offspring (n both thereof) are off to Istanbul in the morning, hopefully they will beat the rain as they walk to the station for the first train. 

There's a moto there Mike.

DON'T GO SHOPPING.:good:

• Agree 9
  • Funny 5