RMweb

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

2 hours ago, pH said:

That's the first batch of this year's marmalade in jars. Two more batches to go.

Paisley Canal was not the most salubrious station but it had a fantastic aroma when Robertsons was cooking up a batch of marmalade. I don't suppose your oranges were grown in BC?

• Like 14
  • Funny 1

Morning All,

It is a rather chilly morning in this part of the world.  The temperature was down to -3°C in the forest and we have a fairly heavy frost.

Testing is progressing slowly!

I shall now head over to Jock's Ward to read Mal's Post.

Have a good day everyone...

• Like 16

• RMweb Gold

Good morning all,

Dry start and according to my phone it's 8°C but feels colder to me. I must be getting old. :rolleyes:  A dry and mild day with some sunshine is forecast.

Kids were on top form yesterday and for once I had to run them home as SiL was away supporting a local football team in a cup match. They lost.

Today The Boss and I are heading into the wilds of Kent to visit Chatham Dockyard which I've wanted to do for some time. She is probably not quite as  keen but is quite happy to tag along. She's rather good at that. :happy_mini:

Have a good one,
Bob.

• Like 16

• RMweb Premium

Morning all.  It's bright and sunny outside but the frost hasn't gone completely from the car windscreen.    

I had a good day yesterday.  A friend from Limoges who likes small things that run on strips of nickel silver, came over.  We played trains, went out for lunch and generally put the world to rights for a few hours.   I even managed some time on my own in the shed in the evening   We then watched Shetland which we always enjoy.   However I couldn't help but notice that many of the scenes could have been in an episode of Vera but a bit further north.   I know that they are both based on characters created by the same author but the scenes in the station were almost identical with an overweight Sgt turning to loo at the camera then getting up and walking towards the main detective.   I also find it amusing that every piece of paper arrive on scene in a folder.  I never saw that happen.  

Anyway, coffee has been imbibed and breakfast consumed.  In 20 minutes I'm off to get my hair cut.   The barber that I used to use retired and our local town has lost another shop.  I've had to make an appointment with the one that Beth uses bout 10 miles north west of us.      After that there is not a lot on the agenda till we go round to some neighbours for a meal this evening.

Thoughts with those that are not well.

Jamie

• Like 17

Morning all

Muggacoffee before work time. Frustration last night as we couldn't get the bed built due to disappearing Allen keys - they were there on Saturday, but not last night, which is baffling if not unusual!

Charlie has American Football this evening, so hopefully it stays dry!

Have a good day

• Like 13

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, AndyID said:

Paisley Canal was not the most salubrious station but it had a fantastic aroma when Robertsons was cooking up a batch of marmalade. I don't suppose your oranges were grown in BC?

I have only passed through Canal station before the line shut to Kilmalcolm which I managed to do a day trip form Surrey to travel on one of the last days of operation back in 1982. Kilmalcolm station is now a  bar but no trains anymore to get there.

This morning off to help a fellow modeller finish wiring his new layout. I may get chance to run one of my Harz Mountain locos and coaches on his upcoming Swiss layout.

Kilmacolm0002.jpg

Kilmacolm0003.jpg

• Like 18

• RMweb Premium

Mooring Awl, Inner Temple Hare,

I had a good 6.5 hours sleep, trouble was, it was in two parts, with a 2 hour gap in the middle, so I was very late getting up..

No frost this morning so that recovered some time, and when I came across the slow car making it's stately way to Norwich everyone else had just passed him and I did too. The traffic lights were friendly showing green too..

the traffic was surprisingly light today considering it's not half turn till next week in Norfolk.

There is a garden wall on the lane I live on, that has exploded out onto the road, it's an old flint wall with brick edging, I suspect the Ivy growing on the wall has something to do with it..

I must remember to visit some shop on the way home, to get something for SWMBO..Now what is it about tomorrow?

I'm considering going to the MK show this weekend, it's used to be a regular visit for me when I lived there, I used to live less than 400 yards from their current venue..

It's 132 miles from home to there, which is well known to me as it took 10 trips up and down when we moved here. It's almost all duel carriage way now though. I knew the route even before then, travelling from Weston super mare to the far side of Norwich many times, 40 years ago it often took around  4 hours from MK to here, now it's around 2.5 hours..

Time to... take the next measurement.

• Like 16

• RMweb Premium

Morning All

As per usual, generic greetings are on offer, with an extra special mention (or two) for Mal, whose post on the Jock 67B thread was moving, uplifting, and amusing, all at once - a great achievement in his circumstances, IMHO.  Also John, your latest blog was possibly the most encouraging for some weeks, and long may Sandy's improvement continue.

As for me - well a fodder run this morning, and 30747 duly delivered to work and to be picked up around 15.00.  She is no longer getting a lift to work as her colleague has gone on maternity leave for probably a year. 

Back tomorrow.

Regards to All

Stewart

• Like 12
  • Friendly/supportive 4

• RMweb Premium

Mug O'Coffee being consumed in a grey but dry and calm North Shropshire. Market day today so off shortly to do battle with the hordes and must remember to purchase a greetings (if that's the right word, or should it be sloppy?) card for SWMBO to be presented tomorrow. Also hope to pick up my new printer, which I have had on order for a few weeks now from our local confuser shop. I've decided to go for a laser job this time for several reasons (cue deluge of posts telling me why I've made the wrong decision) including making transfers (decals for transatlantic readers) that don't need overspraying to make them waterproof and printing stencils on model items such as packing crates etc. - see Tricky's workbench thread I think. Who knows, I may even get some time operating a riveting tool and soldering iron later on if I'm lucky.

Thoughts for our less fortunate colleagues.

Dave

• Like 17

• RMweb Premium

Good morning everyone 

It’s a duller start to the day so far, cake decorating will have to wait until Sheila has finished the small ironing pile that is sitting on the bench in the kitchen. So I’ll just have to sit and read until it’s done, it’s a hard life. 

Back later. 

• Like 14
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land. Dry, warming up with hazy sunshine here atm. Mentioning marmalade reminded me of when passing through or near Tiptree, the smell of fruit being made into jam and other preserves could sometimes be overpowering. I do find the aroma of some fruits being cooked a bit like coffee, the taste doesn't come up to the aroma, strawberries in particular. Now having given many of you a nose worm as opposed to an ear worm I'll bid you goodbye, be back later.

• Like 12
  • Agree 1

Got bounced off the forum a few minutes ago.  Anyone else?

Not much to report.  There was a Robinson's jam factory in Bellingham, in fact I'm about to be 100 meters from it.  Was known by a racist name we don't use any more.

Keep well all, Bill

• Like 13
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold

Morning All 

It's D day here today I'm cooking the dinner tonight it's Lamb Neck fillet with leeks stir fry Her want's it done a certain way,:banghead:

looks like the Wok & frying pan will be used what a pain in the butt she is I better keep quiet till the new coaches are purchased.

Tomorrow is V day so I will be cooking King Prawn stir fry with what's left from todays meal these ready prep'ed veg packets are far too

big for two.

must get on :superman: H.E.Adcheff

• Like 14
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

Our house had a nice orange smell when Aditi made marmalade last month. When I clean the layout track there will be a nice orange smell too, from the GooGone liquid. 

We don’t buy or receive Valentine cards, apart from the one that comes from the scruffy terrier we sponsor at Dogs Trust. 

Dave, as for printers, we have two lasers, a hideously fast Brother and a HP colour laser (don’t use the inkjet decal paper in the laser!) and we don’t at the moment have an inkjet. I keep looking for one but every time I choose one it seems to be replaced by a new version. 

More toys arrived today (though not from over the Irish Sea unlike yesterday) and I have been informed I am waiting for a supermarket delivery. 

Tony

• Like 14

• RMweb Premium

We often mention Cockwombles on here.. so just for a change, how about what I shall call Duckwombles...

https://www.edp24.co.uk/news/crime/jet-skiers-fined-for-speeding-on-norfolk-broads-1-5889673

speedlimit[1].jpg

Edited by TheQ
  • Like 17

• RMweb Gold

Morning all,

Third muggatea of the day is just starting to be consumed so all is well in the world, or at least this tiny part of it.  The G word is however being mentioned as the sky is brightening although I have pointed out that the temperature is lower than it might look to be out there.  Out to dine tonight which might be regarded as a meal in the bank for tomorrow, the offspring will no doubt be dining on the lad's version of Thai prawn curry - woe betide the Good Doctor if she offers any advice during its construction.

And that's about it for now.  Have a good day one and all.

• Like 14

• RMweb Premium
12 hours ago, pH said:

That's the first batch of this year's marmalade in jars. Two more batches to go.

Alas no more family marmalade is likely to come this way. It was dad’s preserve (pun intended) to boil oranges and sugar every year but he gave that up a year or so before passing away as he could no longer cut the peel; apparently mincing it was akin to ungodliness in his book. I liberated the last jar when clearing out his things. 

Afternoon all. 

A respectable sunny day has ventured itself Upon the Hill with evidence of daffodils, camellia flowers and reawakening of the hydrangea. 

A large package has arrived for new Neighbours (Nearby) who have clearly taken our initial conversation to heart in which I might have mentioned that my hours allow me to accept items for neighbours during Amazon / Parcelforce’s typical afternoon delivery times. It’s also a good way to get to know each other and maybe become friends. 

Lunch has comprised the curried remains of a couple of recent dinners so there’s a health warning on my dragon-breath for the next hour or so. 

Nothing else planned for tonight but some flowers are scheduled for tomorrow. We don’t swap cards largely because they end up in the recycling but flowers can at least be returned quickly to nature via composting on the railway embankment.

Kind thoughts one and all.  

• Like 16

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, Dave Hunt said:

Me too but all OK now.

Dave

It's a bit of a poor show so many things going wrong with the new system but be thankful for small mercies I sure they just might get it back on track.

If there is anymore who have been bounced let us know and we can get the violins out later.:laugh:

• Like 8

• RMweb Premium
15 hours ago, pH said:

Alas no more family marmalade is likely to come this way. It was dad’s preserve (pun intended) to boil oranges and sugar every year but he gave that up a year or so before passing away as he could no longer cut the peel; apparently mincing it was akin to ungodliness in his book. I liberated the last jar when clearing out his things. 

Afternoon all. 

A respectable sunny day has ventured itself Upon the Hill with evidence of daffodils, camellia flowers and reawakening of the hydrangea. 

A large package has arrived for new Neighbours (Nearby) who have clearly taken our initial conversation to heart in which I might have mentioned that my hours allow me to accept items for neighbours during Amazon / Parcelforce’s typical afternoon delivery times. It’s also a good way to get to know each other and maybe become friends. 

Lunch has comprised the curried remains of a couple of recent dinners so there’s a health warning on my dragon-breath for the next hour or so. 

Nothing else planned for tonight but some flowers are scheduled for tomorrow. We don’t swap cards largely because they end up in the recycling but flowers can at least be returned quickly to nature via composting on the railway embankment.

Kind thoughts one and all.  

• Like 10

• RMweb Premium
2 minutes ago, Barry O said:

Full of cold...walkabout continuing...her indoors also full of cold...pah

Positive thoughts to all who ail....

Baz

Sorry to hear that Baz. A right b*gger when you’re supposed to be away on holiday.  Hopefully all will be well very soon. 

All is clearly not well with our forum as it has chosen to re-post my comment of three hours ago.  Hmmmmm. 

• Like 9
  • Agree 2
  • Thanks 1